JAC Post Match Interview

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Heard them calling Brandon a Bulldog during the match too!

Then remembered it is his real nickname (not that stupid block of cheese), but gotta admit it has a good ring to it as an announcement :grinning:
Was typing about this while you posted. Not sure if it's a great minds think alike thing or a fools never differ one. I'm happy to go with great minds if you are.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Was typing about this while you posted. Not sure if it's a great minds think alike thing or a fools never differ one. I'm happy to go with great minds if you are.

Well we are both Dogs fans!

Wait, what?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wishful thinking lads but Bellyache gave Brandon the nickname ‘The Little Bulldog’ a couple of years ago. Nothing in it contextually and surely you’d want that over ‘block of cheese’?? :-).

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the dogs have got their man. jAC was interviewed a few days ago and he said it’s getting sorted and a deal is being finalised. I expect an announcement soon. I don’t think any other club will give him the money he is demanding. I will be very surprised if we don’t get him
How does that link him to us though? The deal could just as easily be with the Tigers or Souffs
I don't think Souths will pay him stupid money but I think the Tigers will as they're more desperate than we are
We have Avo and possibly BBO who could excel at FB
I'd like to sign JAC but I'm more desperate for Burton and a gun hooker.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wishful thinking lads but Bellyache gave Brandon the nickname ‘The Little Bulldog’ a couple of years ago. Nothing in it contextually and surely you’d want that over ‘block of cheese’?? :-).
Ah ffs. I'd just gone down to the bet shop and spunked 10k on Brandon joining us purely on that comment. Fuck it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How does that link him to us though? The deal could just as easily be with the Tigers or Souffs
I don't think Souths will pay him stupid money but I think the Tigers will as they're more desperate than we are
We have Avo and possibly BBO who could excel at FB
I'd like to sign JAC but I'm more desperate for Burton and a gun hooker.
Spot on this. Wouldn't be a bad signing, but I'd only entertain it if we get the halves and hooker in PLUS we get rid of some of our backs too.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Spot on this. Wouldn't be a bad signing, but I'd only entertain it if we get the halves and hooker in PLUS we get rid of some of our backs too.
Get rid of DWZ (chipping in) and Crichton (idk how). Reimis will probably be the one to make way. I have a feeling he'll come good at his next club tho, especially if it's the Storm. I agree we need one of Harry Grant or Brandon Smith and then one of Matt Burton or Kyle Flanagan before looking at JAC
(unless we have room for all three). I do think JAC is a freak and one of the best players "available".

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we're talking about the GF, 2 things I noticed:

Baz has been involved in 2 GFs and both have had crucial penalty tries to the opposition....so you know when we finally play in a GF, it's gonna happen to us. Hopefully it doesnt cost us the game against the slimy Eels.

What the fuck was up with Gus and his biased commentary. It was even worse than during origin time. I actually felt sorry for Storm fans (which made me sick). It reminded me of the fucking bias we had to deal with in the 2014 GF against Nashweed's team. The commentators have to remember to be objective

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ah ffs. I'd just gone down to the bet shop and spunked 10k on Brandon joining us purely on that comment. Fuck it.
Hopefully it was 10k Drachma, otherwise what is it they say about a fool and his money?? :-).

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard them calling Brandon a Bulldog during the match too!

Then remembered it is his real nickname (not that stupid block of cheese), but gotta admit it has a good ring to it as an announcement :grinning:
He also said after the match that he wanted Smith to play on so that he could get a few more zpremiership medals playing with him....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Get rid of DWZ (chipping in) and Crichton (idk how). Reimis will probably be the one to make way. I have a feeling he'll come good at his next club tho, especially if it's the Storm. I agree we need one of Harry Grant or Brandon Smith and then one of Matt Burton or Kyle Flanagan before looking at JAC
(unless we have room for all three). I do think JAC is a freak and one of the best players "available".
Agree with everything you say. And I do believe we'll get both those halves, and a hooker though the latter may not be from Melbourne.

Think A LOT will unfold in the coming days. Great to finally have the salary cap shackles off us and we can go into the market and buy talent.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Ivan now, is that 3 x grand final losses as a coach?
Is he the new Brian smith?
Since we're talking about the GF, 2 things I noticed:

Baz has been involved in 2 GFs and both have had crucial penalty tries to the opposition....so you know when we finally play in a GF, it's gonna happen to us. Hopefully it doesnt cost us the game against the slimy Eels.

What the fuck was up with Gus and his biased commentary. It was even worse than during origin time. I actually felt sorry for Storm fans (which made me sick). It reminded me of the fucking bias we had to deal with in the 2014 GF against Nashweed's team. The commentators have to remember to be objective