News Josh Addo-Carr contract: Bulldogs emerge as favourite for Storm flyer

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I see your point horse but if we had say only 500k to pay for 2 players why would they buy two fringe reserve grade players at 250k and not buy one solid first grader at 400k and then promote up a promising junior like doorway and others that are waiting for a shot? I can’t say I was happy with the recruiting decisions of the last 2-3 years. I’d like to think we could have made better choices even with the salary cap restrictions.
Typo doorey not doorway

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parra paying 750k for Moses, 750k for gutho and 500k for brown.
We could have 750k for JAC, 350k for Flannagan, 400k Burton.
Money left over to get a better hooker than Mahoney
Mahoney is a pretty good hooker to be honest. They're getting very good value from him at the moment, that's for sure.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t even want to know how long we have been calling for the club to sign JAC. Speed, speed , speed. A classy finisher and has footy brains. I can’t believe it hasn’t happened yet
It cant happen yet offers arent high enough, he could squeeze another 50

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I see your point horse but if we had say only 500k to pay for 2 players why would they buy two fringe reserve grade players at 250k and not buy one solid first grader at 400k and then promote up a promising junior like doorway and others that are waiting for a shot? I can’t say I was happy with the recruiting decisions of the last 2-3 years. I’d like to think we could have made better choices even with the salary cap restrictions.
The point is our fortunes were not gonna change based on these types of recruitment decisions. Whether they allocated 500k on 2 x 250k players or 1 x 130k and 1 x 370k player wasn’t gonna make a shred of difference on our team’s performance.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Guys like Britt and Stimson both looked impressive at their former clubs. Both arrived here and battled injuries just about from the outset which was unfortunate and pretty ordinary luck for all involved.

Fortunately on the back of some measured cap management we can now make some big plays in the market and land some key players who will make a big difference on performance. Cotric and Thompson are locked in, now the focus turns to landing some real quality in the spine. I’m confident we’ll hit the mark and have some really exciting years ahead.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The point is our fortunes were not gonna change based on these types of recruitment decisions. Whether they allocated 500k on 2 x 250k players or 1 x 130k and 1 x 370k player wasn’t gonna make a shred of difference on our team’s performance.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Guys like Britt and Stimson both looked impressive at their former clubs. Both arrived here and battled injuries just about from the outset which was unfortunate and pretty ordinary luck for all involved.

Fortunately on the back of some measured cap management we can now make some big plays in the market and land some key players who will make a big difference on performance. Cotric and Thompson are locked in, now the focus turns to landing some real quality in the spine. I’m confident we’ll hit the mark and have some really exciting years ahead.
expecting big things from Stimson with a big Pre Season under this belt and injuries out of the way.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reimis Smith has unfollowed the dogs on Instagram. Ado Carr replacement ?
Great detective work there mate. Seems weird he would do that unless he was leaving. CHN did the same thing.
Hopefully Lewis, DWZ and Napa follow suit and unfollow us. If Grant and JAC start following us like Burton did, well happy days

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remis was given plenty of chances and the last couple of years he has look disinterested and lethargic.

If he was to go to the Storm, i am sure Bellamy could snap him out of it, otherwise he will be sent packing to the International Terminals

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remis was given plenty of chances and the last couple of years he has look disinterested and lethargic.

If he was to go to the Storm, i am sure Bellamy could snap him out of it, otherwise he will be sent packing to the International Terminals
Agree. Smith has more natural talent than DWZ does but he's just friggin lazy.
DWZ is an effort player but he's just not very good to begin with. All his good stuff comes from his effort. He's the outside back version of Josh Reynolds

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Had all that natural ability and talent as a winger but his application and attitude to his trade on the field has been atrocious. He would go on and do well at Melbourne and I wouldn't be upset, he wasn't putting in for us and sometimes people need a change

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Still need to get rid of DWZ based on his form this season... Not keen on having him on the wing outside Cotric at all, both players are to similar in regards to body type and speed... but we need a bigger threat outside Nic, wether it be Averillo, Meaney or someone outside the club I dunno (assuming JAC comes and is fullback)

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck I hope Addo carr is here and if it means smith goes so Be it.

I honestly think smith will kill it with Bellamy but fuck it he ain’t here and addo carr is a fuckload better.

Give him fullback to keep and if he doesn’t succeed we have the best winger in the game For probz 300k more than smiths on ffs! No brainer.

Especially if he kills it
At fullback And I think he can!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still need to get rid of DWZ based on his form this season... Not keen on having him on the wing outside Cotric at all, both players are to similar in regards to body type and speed... but we need a bigger threat outside Nic, wether it be Averillo, Meaney or someone outside the club I dunno (assuming JAC comes and is fullback)
It all depends on who plays in the spine... If spots 1, 6 and 7 get filled Avo will be on the wing outside Cotric.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So Reimis has unfollowed us on Insta who's rumoured to be involved in a swap deal with JAC. Burton has followed us on Insta and Kyle Flanagan recently followed Burton on Insta... coincidence?