Bulldogs close in on ambitious triple swoop as fresh Suaalii link emerges: Jimmy Brings

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
everyone here wants a fullback that can be a backup half.
yall should be chasing mBYE THEN LOL.

For me, i want someone who will take maximum advantage of broken line play and maximise return runs. As well as chase players who have made breaks down.

Thats what was so good about barba and silva. They could always outmanouvre they man 1 on 1.

For me that is what i want from JAC, Can he beat his man one on one mo' often than not yo?
if so, that and his speed will make him very dangerous and perfect.
As if you ever saw silva play. Your like 12.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hot head you say.

Thats quite hypocritical coming from you, as you were always bitching and moaning about Josh Reynolds being a hot head and copping a suspension here and there.

Hetherington wipes the floor clean in terms of suspensions and in terms of run through wall, the bloke just cant break tackles or make impact with his runs.
Difference is a hot head hard forward has a simple role. A half needs a calm head so they make the right decisions for the whole team. Reynolds clearly lacks this.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
As much as we'll be paying overs for JAC (even in an unproven fullback role) should we sign him, I think the club are looking at the big picture here.
For a long time now, we haven't had a star player that others want to play alongside with. There's been little to no attraction for high calibre players (and sponsors to a degree) to even contemplate coming to the club.

Whatever happens, I hope this is the start of much happier times for the club. Laundy and Barrett may very well be the catalysts for making this happen.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting it back in march.
ive been driving my friends car (you just have to know where the cops camp out) but i sold the mazda a few months ago and ice'd up the proceeds.

Got 6k from it, but the brakes and air con are fucked but the dumb riz had no idea and didnt ask the question.

anyway, jokes on me, 3 months later the $$$ went through the methpipe, but no regrets yo.
Hahahaha the dumb riz

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are closing in on an ambitious triple swoop that would hand incoming coach Trent Barrett some significant attacking firepower.

Bulldogs
are closing in on landing the key signatures of Melbourne’s grand final winger Josh Addo-Carr, Sydney Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan and Penrith’s Matt Burton.

And grand finalists the Melbourne Storm are looking at Bulldogs winger Reimis Smith as a possible replacement for State of Origin winger Addo-Carr.

While the Wests Tigers initially looked in the box seat to secure Addo-Carr for next season, the Bulldogs have now emerged as the most likely home for the NSW and Australian winger.

The Bulldogs will ramp up their pursuit of Burton as of November 1 when they can officially get the Panthers young gun to sign a contract for 2022.

Then it will be up to the Panthers whether they decide to release the Dubbo product one year early.

The Flanagan deal is expected to get rubber-stamped in the next 24 hours. Add Addo-Carr and Burton and all of a sudden the roster goes from below average to a decent side.

forget about JAC joining, that ship has sailed. yes they have had talks but the club weren’t willing to pay the 900K a season his manager was asking for. with a price tag like that they obviously were testing the waters knowing how much space we have in our cap. Can someone tell the club that Flanagan isn’t worth the risk or money. He’s injury prone, has performed well behind a virtual rep pack at the Rorters but they know who’s value and who isn’t. Remember Napa? Forget Flanagan, move Napa on. Sign Brandon Smith and Burton if you can get him.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
forget about JAC joining, that ship has sailed. yes they have had talks but the club weren’t willing to pay the 900K a season his manager was asking for. with a price tag like that they obviously were testing the waters knowing how much space we have in our cap. Can someone tell the club that Flanagan isn’t worth the risk or money. He’s injury prone, has performed well behind a virtual rep pack at the Rorters but they know who’s value and who isn’t. Remember Napa? Forget Flanagan, move Napa on. Sign Brandon Smith and Burton if you can get him.
We need a halfback, it's as simple as that.

Nathan Cleary is the best "young" halfback in the comp, and he ain't moving from Penrith.

Ash Taylor was the "next" big thing, and he has flopped and that is an attitude thing with him.

Apparently the Walker bros. Son is the next big thing, though he is at the Roosters and is still untested in the NRL.

Flanagan is goodand young. He is a pretty good goal kicker and he will only get better.

With whats available on the current market, signing Flanagan is a no brainer. Roosters want him gone and he wont break the bank.

Give me young Flanagan over the over priced players such as Mitchell Moses and Ben Hunt who CONSISTENTLY go missing in the big games

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
playa i am thirty.
born in 1990, been following the dogs since 1998, so easily one of the more longer term fans here, which in part explains my knowledge of the game.

kids these days will never know the magic of Silva, Sherwin, Clyde, Jason and Darren smith etc
Born in the 90s and talking about Silva and Darren Smith... what were you 10? ...Dip-shit

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanagan injury proned? He played every game this year lol

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That would cost Grant a lot of money. He has a get out clause for a reason.
One article I read pretty much quoted him, but can't remember where I saw it... whilst I agree with you, I reckon the storm would be able to cash him up...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JAC's camp were never after that absurd amount ... not even close to that.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this comment already, but Grant will likely stay at storm even if C Smith plays on if they agree to loan him out again to continue getting first grade experience
He's already said that he won't stay if Smith does

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's already said that he won't stay if Smith does
Technically he has a contract and the Storm have come out and stated that regardless of Cam Smiths decision Harry Grant will be at the Storm in 2021 as there is NO get out clause in his contract. You have to respect the Storm as they hold their players to their contracts and don’t now to the “home sick” bull shit Addo-Carr tried pulling.
If our club had the same stance we’d have kept our stars all along.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Technically he has a contract and the Storm have come out and stated that regardless of Cam Smiths decision Harry Grant will be at the Storm in 2021 as there is NO get out clause in his contract. You have to respect the Storm as they hold their players to their contracts and don’t now to the “home sick” bull shit Addo-Carr tried pulling.
If our club had the same stance we’d have kept our stars all along.
No we wouldn't of because we would of been multiple millions over the salary cap. I assume you're talking about Klemmer but that's one player. I'm pretty sure Grant does have a clause in his contract and he's said so himself he'll reassess his options if C. Smith plays on.