News Josh Addo-Carr contract: Bulldogs emerge as favourite for Storm flyer

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If C. Smith retires the only reason why they don't keep both is if B. Smith wants to play hooker and they can also only offer Grant big money imo, not B. Smith as well.
agree, it all comes down whether B Smith wants to play middle or at hooker.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weilder saying this morning that Melbourne wont let him go without a suitable replacement because he is still under contract. Tigers and Souths are not offering any up that they like.

However he has heard that they might be interested in Remis Smith (not DWZ). Not sure how that is like for like but I have seen players like Remis go down there and flourish so they obviously see something in him. He is big and fast and would probably kill it down there
I've saying this on the kennel for some time that Reimis Smith is a super athlete and footballer but with a poor attitude. He has skills and an athleticism that can't be taught. His poor attitude is most likely related to boredom and frustration that he is in a cellar dweller team and dud coaches. Reminds me of a high school class mate of mine who regularly got into trouble with the maths teacher as he was fooling around in class. He wasn't dumb as he was killing scholarship students in university maths competitions during the summer and he was getting bored in high school. Reimis will go to a much higher level if hes goes to Melbourne or applies himself when TB gets here.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the big problem with both Lewis and Wakeham is that they lack the speed or power to challenge the line. When they have the ball the defence knows they are not a running threat. I would think if you checked their stats they would be lucky to have made any line breaks in their career.

Now there are some halves that can still manage a first grade career without a running threat but their passing and kicking games have to be absolutely spot on. This is not the case with either of these blokes unfortunately.

One thing Averillo has going for him is leg speed. He would definitely possess a running threat to the opposition.
Spot on. As meatloaf would say, you took the words right out of my mouth.

The ReignMan

Previously Clint
Reaction score
I couldn’t be fkd reading through the whole thread , so anyone hear the DWZ for Ado-Carr swap in the works? Like I said could’ve been said already , could be somewhere else , zero motivation to search

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree, pre six again rule Smith would have been 100% keen on 9. However I think he may be swayed to 13 now.
Smith will eventually be swayed by the money regardless of the position. Papenhauzen, Grant, Munster and Hughes will take the big money... If Brandon is offered the same amounts of his team mates elsewhere he's walking.

Smart bet will tell you he's either a Titan or a Bulldog in 2021/22

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've saying this on the kennel for some time that Reimis Smith is a super athlete and footballer but with a poor attitude. He has skills and an athleticism that can't be taught. His poor attitude is most likely related to boredom and frustration that he is in a cellar dweller team and dud coaches. Reminds me of a high school class mate of mine who regularly got into trouble with the maths teacher as he was fooling around in class. He wasn't dumb as he was killing scholarship students in university maths competitions during the summer and he was getting bored in high school. Reimis will go to a much higher level if hes goes to Melbourne or applies himself when TB gets here.
100% agree and this is the reason why I reckon he wanted to play centre so much so he can get more ball and be closer to the action

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry mate can't agree on Lewis. He is beyond awful in my opinion and I think we've seen what we need to from him, I doubt he gets any better.

I hope he does develop because he is still a dogs player, but I wont be holding my breath.

The fact that we're going for Flanagan and Burton suggests the new coach doesn't think much of him either.
Ha ha he'll be ok under Barrett

canine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
youre a very smart man, i quite enjoy your posts
but you are very wrong on lewis, another park footballer who somehow slipped the cracks and punched his way through to the only NRL team that he could possibly play for the 2018-2020 Bulldogs
Lewis is a little bit like Stephen Bradbury in that everyone else better wasn't in his way.
The difference of course is that Lewis has never actually won anything, and probably never will.
Maybe there's a superstar in him, waiting for a coach to find it - but I think someone will create a working time machine before Lewis becomes a superstar.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is a decent footy player . He just isn’t a 6 or 7 and we should not persist with playing him out of position . The sooner a coach realises his a ball playing lock then we will see him come to the fore.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is a decent footy player . He just isn’t a 6 or 7 and we should not persist with playing him out of position . The sooner a coach realises his a ball playing lock then we will see him come to the fore.
He isn't a lock either you put him in the middle of the field he will be made look silly his defence this year was no where near what some people think he would be lucky to make the 15 other teams in the NRL and probably the 11 super league clubs he is not a 1st grade rugby league player

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He isn't a lock either you put him in the middle of the field he will be made look silly his defence this year was no where near what some people think he would be lucky to make the 15 other teams in the NRL and probably the 11 super league clubs he is not a 1st grade rugby league player
I think the difference is he is strong in contact but not strong at reading the play. Plus we have better options at lock. Unfortunately I just don’t think he’s a first grader. Happy to be wrong.