News Sunday footy show

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just watched the journo segment on the footy show and they brought up our club and the back room issues at board level etc

Brent read was adamant that Tuesday was d-day for the board but he didn’t really elaborate on it.

Andrew Webster made the point that we are a greater rabble than Manly was during tbaz tenure.

He also kind of threw shade at the Anderson’s saying the bulldogs promote the notion of a family club but back in the 80s it was all about bullfrog and the Anderson’s I.e. only one family.
He did say he would like Lynn to continue.

All in all a shameful thing to watch and very disheartening

Damn it stings

Have a great Sunday guys
Absolutely stunning day

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just watched the journo segment on the footy show and they brought up our club and the back room issues at board level etc

Brent read was adamant that Tuesday was d-day for the board but he didn’t really elaborate on it.

Andrew Webster made the point that we are a greater rabble than Manly was during tbaz tenure.

He also kind of threw shade at the Anderson’s saying the bulldogs promote the notion of a family club but back in the 80s it was all about bullfrog and the Anderson’s I.e. only one family.

Damn it stings

Have a great Sunday guys
Absolutely stunning day
We're so fucked
Shit out of luck
Hardwired to self destruct

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dint think it was that bad. Said nothing we didnt already know.
They didnt give us shit like the papers have been just spoke the truth about our predicament.
We need stability.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand why in this day and age things take so long to sort out? You’d think getting this sorted would be a high priority so why would they wait till Tuesday? Only thing I can think of is cross checking signatures or trying to drum up support to stay in power.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t understand why in this day and age things take so long to sort out? You’d think getting this sorted would be a high priority so why would they wait till Tuesday? Only thing I can think of is cross checking signatures or trying to drum up support to stay in power.
Enjoying their long weekend must be more important

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a lot of Barrett’s issues at manly were that the club didn’t spend money on football operations and facilities. He was made promises that didn’t eventuate.

We are far better off financially than them so the same problems shouldn’t occur.

But it’s still not a good look with all this shit going on

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think a lot of Barrett’s issues at manly were that the club didn’t spend money on football operations and facilities. He was made promises that didn’t eventuate.

We are far better off financially than them so the same problems shouldn’t occur.

I hope to god brother

Sick of seeing us struggle on and off the field

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Plus Bozo Fulton would stick his nose in on everything.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I don’t watch channel9 footy or it shows. But I did watch 2 minutes Friday night and it was crying worthy. Paul Gallen isn’t funny and it all felt awkward. Fox nrl is winning. Brent read is a nerd

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

True.

Really our troubles are with the board infighting and so far thats only affected morale because we have that loser mentality atm.

There's no indication this affects footy budgets or recruitment either really.

I guess player/managers might raise their eyebrows about our board mess but that probably does not effect them. They are only interested in the money and iron clad contracts for their clients.

Its us thats upset with all this turmoil and the main players either one side, or the other, and getting upset based on what gossip hound journos print and say on tv and manipulate and take out of context what is said and doctor sound grabs.

We still don't know the full facts.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys

Damn it stings

Have a great Sunday guys
Absolutely stunning day
Don't be discouraged by the crap in the back office of our club and the media. The aim of all journalists is to create tabloid headlines, they create a story out of nothing or grossly exaggerate to sell a story. The majority of journalists no longer report the facts, instead they publish "opinion pieces" and you'll see plenty of them at news and SMH and it's not just league, it's across all topics. We live in a age of hyperbole where everyday the media reports the world is either in meltdown, shock or "losing it".
The silver lining of the painful last few years is we finally shed a lot of dead weight off our roster and will have an attacking minded coach who has transformed his current team into the best team in the comp. If he recruits wisely over the next few months and our current players pull their fingers out, get fit and learn how to pass and kick properly under TB's guidance we'll be much improved next year and beyond.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When ego's get into decision making, there is always going to be a failure.
All these board members who are ex players, seem to think they know all there is to know about running a footy club.
Sorry guys, but you dont. This shit happened at Parramatta, and for the same reasons.
It was so bad an administrator had to be appointed by the Govt. They appointed a business man to fix the issues.
Even when he was appointed, the same people who were previously involved kept up the sniping.
I just want someone at the Dogs to show us the leadership that has been missing. I would also ask Lynne to stay at
her post and stop the overseas jaunts for some charity.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True.

Really our troubles are with the board infighting and so far thats only affected morale because we have that loser mentality atm.

There's no indication this affects footy budgets or recruitment either really.

I guess player/managers might raise their eyebrows about our board mess but that probably does not effect them. They are only interested in the money and iron clad contracts for their clients.

Its us thats upset with all this turmoil and the main players either one side, or the other, and getting upset based on what gossip hound journos print and say on tv and manipulate and take out of context what is said and doctor sound grabs.

We still don't know the full facts.
Let’s not forget Manly had fights at board level long before Baz got there. The Penns and the other owners were constantly at it yet they won 2 comps during that period.

A lot of media are comparing our situation to the parra situation of a few years ago when they had board problems and were struggling on the field. But there’s been lots of time parra have had a functioning board but a shit team.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Let’s not forget Manly had fights at board level long before Baz got there. The Penns and the other owners were constantly at it yet they won 2 comps during that period.

A lot of media are comparing our situation to the parra situation of a few years ago when they had board problems and were struggling on the field. But there’s been lots of time parra have had a functioning board but a shit team.
Yes I think we've all fallen into the media's trap of sensationalizing the affect this is having on Barrett and recruitment.

Doesn't help for sure but our main problem was an unattractive team and club well before this rose its ugly head.

Those basic foundations are still there that both Andersons and Whoevers want a better roster so we likely wont be affected too much. Any player and manager thinking of us is only coming for a regular start or Barrett or the money and they know the club is financially sound no matter who the board is.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks its Rosy and things arent that bad is on the whacky tobacci.. I have a picture of the full story and all the players involved its f*cked..

No way we can be successful with all this nonsense..

Too many "Powerbrokers" at our club are now on opposite sides.. one side will have to step aside or step back.. until that happens this war will get worse and get dirty..

And add your dealing with the sort of people on both sides that arent the types to step aside or step down..

What makes it worse is the sort of people that previously were happy to take a backseat now want to get involved.. this makes it more complicated..

The situation escalated once dirty accusations were made public for the reason of powegrabbing on the club.. now it will be a proper war to the very end until one side completely wins.. there will not be any 'negotiating'..

Problem is both sides have power and have their circles.. But i feel the ones not in power now have more 'power' with members as theyve been around for longer generally and current board havent achieved anything of note..

Bad situation all round..

Proper f*ckd ..
imo its the worst state this club has been in in my lifetime without a doubt..

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks its Rosy and things arent that bad is on the whacky tobacci.. I have a picture of the full story and all the players involved its f*cked..

Too many "Powerbrokers" at our club are now on opposite sides.. one side will have to step aside or step back.. until that happens this war will get worse and get dirty..

And add your dealing with the sort of people on both sides that arent the types to step aside or step down..

What makes it worse is the sort of people that previously were happy to take a backseat now want to get involved.. this makes it more complicated..

The situation escalated once dirty accusations were made public for the reason of powegrabbing on the club.. now it will be a proper war to the very end until one side completely wins.. there will not be any 'negotiating'..

Problem is both sides have power and have their circles.. But i feel the ones not in power now have more 'power' with members as theyve been around for longer generally and current board havent achieved anything of note..

Proper f*ckd ..
Sadly this the most accurate post I have read on the subject

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that dinkum is on on the whacky tobacco? Don't believe it

Proper f*ckd ..