News Walking into a mess’: The big warning to Barrett as bitter Dogs battle takes ANOTHER turn

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs chair Lynne Anderson will reportedly remain at the club along with directors John Ballesty and Paul Dunn.

Earlier in the week, CEO Andrew Hill received 116 signatures from Canterbury-Bankstown football club members calling for the removal of the trio — enough to hold an EGM.

It’s been a tumultuous year for the Anderson who was a part of a reform ticket in 2018 that replaced former chair Ray Dib and his allies.

Danny Weidler tweeted that the trio will remain for the time being despite reports emerging on Thursday that they have stood down.

It does not mean that the drama is over yet though with Weidler reporting that “Trent Barrett is walking into a mess.”

The Bulldogs’ season was tarnished from the start when a sex scandal saw the club lose a multimillion-dollar sponsorship deal with Rashays. On the field it was just as ugly with the team finishing 15th with just three wins and the club parting ways with Dean Pay mid-season.

Anderson is the daughter of the late Peter ‘Bullfrog Moore’ — the iconic family man behind the club’s success in the 1980s. She vowed to rediscover the same family values her father proudly instilled into the club.

If the trio do eventually step down, Peter Mortimer, Joe Thomas, John Khoury and Adrian Turner will be the surviving directors and are expected to turn to the football club members to replace the trio.

The Telegraphreports Craig Laundy, son of hotel tycoon Arthur Laundy who recently signed on as the Bulldogs’ major sponsor, could be considered.

And the blows keep on coming for the embattled club with Rashays taking a shot at the Bulldogs while signing on with the Sharks as their back-of-jersey sponsor for Cronulla’s finals campaign, ruling out a reconciliation with Canterbury.

I want to be at a club that’s a little bit more stable,” Rashays owner Rami Ykmour told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“The fact we had to walk away from the Bulldogs is obviously unfortunate circumstances. I know there are a lot of things going on in the board as we speak right now.

“The Sharks opened the doors two months ago during the pandemic. I got to go out there with the Prime Minister one day and they made me fall in love with their brand.

“They gave me an assurance that their brand is in line with our brand family wise.

“Our brands align a bit more than where the Bulldogs are at at the moment.”
I guess their brand is salary cap rotting , steroid and cocaine use, 3 ways with Marty johns in NZ, a racist captain squirrel gripping Mickey paea in 2010, a steroid using junior center. And 1 premiership out of 54 years existence

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The Telegraph says the trio are resigning, and Weidler says they're staying. Which is the real lie?
Also we have the worst major sponsor signing 500k a year for 2 years and than they say we will lose our 2mill major sponsor cause of all this. Fucktards all round.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I know thats your theory fair enough but I think we should jump on these things. We look weak atm not looking after our worried fans. We dont need a half hour video just a short statement either way to allay the unknown farcity of this situation.

They make up yes, but if we let them, they make up more.
Sorry don’t agree. You requested respectful conversation, happy with that. Will leave it there.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ate at Rashays once about 5 years ago on a whim. I have not returned. The food reminded me of those Holly’s ‘Diners’ that they used to have in K-Mart:
View attachment 17362
Whilst I originally welcomed their willingness to sponsor the Dogs, Ykmour’s double standards on ‘values’ makes him a perfect match for the Sharts and I’m glad it played out the way it did.
It looks a bit like Denny’s Diner in Hawaii
Cheap & nasty

The ReignMan

Previously Clint
Reaction score
Does the board fkn play? I couldn’t give a rat arse what happens in the front office , fk the outside haters , assemble a fkn roster that can get us W’s and move on , W’s are the only thing that are gonna shut these ****** up!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sorry don’t agree. You requested respectful conversation, happy with that. Will leave it there.
Ok. Good to just exchange ideas without scoring points.

One thing I will ask and I'd like your opinion.

Do you think the board are keeping the sponsors up to date with the goings on and the sensationalist headlines and articles out there?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I ate at Rashays once about 5 years ago on a whim. I have not returned. The food reminded me of those Holly’s ‘Diners’ that they used to have in K-Mart:
View attachment 17362
Whilst I originally welcomed their willingness to sponsor the Dogs, Ykmour’s double standards on ‘values’ makes him a perfect match for the Sharts and I’m glad it played out the way it did.
Ykmour......sound's Israeli?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Do you think the board are keeping the sponsors up to date with the goings on and the sensationalist headlines and articles out there?
100% yes - essential corporate governance. Not only do you not bite the hand that feeds you, you ensure they are briefed on the realities vs rumours. Some have speculated about ‘upset sponsors’ yet so far have provided no evidence. If any sponsors are upset, who are they and why?

I’d put Baz and other incoming staff in the same boat and Baz has previously confirmed it’s happening when he brushed off Gus’ pleas to not take the job at Belmore.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where is some leadership can some one come OUT FROM THE BULLDOGS BOARD AND PUT AN END TO THIS !!! Come on this is embarrassing.
Agreed. Send an email to members stating truths. It will find its way to the media. Dont members deserve that?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs chair Lynne Anderson will reportedly remain at the club along with directors John Ballesty and Paul Dunn.

Earlier in the week, CEO Andrew Hill received 116 signatures from Canterbury-Bankstown football club members calling for the removal of the trio — enough to hold an EGM.

It’s been a tumultuous year for the Anderson who was a part of a reform ticket in 2018 that replaced former chair Ray Dib and his allies.

Danny Weidler tweeted that the trio will remain for the time being despite reports emerging on Thursday that they have stood down.

It does not mean that the drama is over yet though with Weidler reporting that “Trent Barrett is walking into a mess.”

The Bulldogs’ season was tarnished from the start when a sex scandal saw the club lose a multimillion-dollar sponsorship deal with Rashays. On the field it was just as ugly with the team finishing 15th with just three wins and the club parting ways with Dean Pay mid-season.

Anderson is the daughter of the late Peter ‘Bullfrog Moore’ — the iconic family man behind the club’s success in the 1980s. She vowed to rediscover the same family values her father proudly instilled into the club.

If the trio do eventually step down, Peter Mortimer, Joe Thomas, John Khoury and Adrian Turner will be the surviving directors and are expected to turn to the football club members to replace the trio.

The Telegraphreports Craig Laundy, son of hotel tycoon Arthur Laundy who recently signed on as the Bulldogs’ major sponsor, could be considered.

And the blows keep on coming for the embattled club with Rashays taking a shot at the Bulldogs while signing on with the Sharks as their back-of-jersey sponsor for Cronulla’s finals campaign, ruling out a reconciliation with Canterbury.

I want to be at a club that’s a little bit more stable,” Rashays owner Rami Ykmour told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“The fact we had to walk away from the Bulldogs is obviously unfortunate circumstances. I know there are a lot of things going on in the board as we speak right now.

“The Sharks opened the doors two months ago during the pandemic. I got to go out there with the Prime Minister one day and they made me fall in love with their brand.

“They gave me an assurance that their brand is in line with our brand family wise.

Free Family paptides with every meal

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the rebel ticket has the signatures to force a EGM it doesn’t matter what the current board want to do. My point was that this just needs to sorted one way or another quickly. If Anderson wants to stay call the EGM ASAP and if she wants to step down do it now. The longer it goes the worse it will get with the constant speculation.
Constant speculation from who? The fake news and people on the kennel who believe the fake news.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Constant speculation from who? The fake news and people on the kennel who believe the fake news.
Fake news that gets sponsors quoting at the drop of a hat and has been going on for months now. Fake news or not being in the news cycle with this shit constantly isn’t good.

Plus there’s definitely some truth to it. I have received a call to sign to the document as have others on here.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fake news bahaha they said they were stepping down last night, they can't even get the narrative straight.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"The Telegraph reports Craig Laundy, son of hotel tycoon Arthur Laundy who recently signed on as the Bulldogs’ major sponsor, could be considered. "

OK, so, I have read the Football Club Constitution and that can't happen since Craig Laundy or any of the Laundys are not voting members.

As we all know in order to vote we have to be a member for 3 years, and the Laundy's are not listed as voting members in the 2019/2020 Annual Report.
Source; https://www.bulldogs.com.au/siteassets/documents/2020/2019-annual-report-final.pdf
In which Craig Laundy is listed as non voting member, no other Laundys are listed.

In the 2018/19 Annual Report he isn't even listed as a non voting member.
Source; https://www.bulldogs.com.au/siteassets/documents/2018-annual-report_vfinal.pdf

Hence he has only been a member for less than 2 years, thus not eligible to vote.

Go Dogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"The Telegraph reports Craig Laundy, son of hotel tycoon Arthur Laundy who recently signed on as the Bulldogs’ major sponsor, could be considered. "

OK, so, I have read the Football Club Constitution and that can't happen since Craig Laundy or any of the Laundys are not voting members.

As we all know in order to vote we have to be a member for 3 years, and the Laundy's are not listed as voting members in the 2019/2020 Annual Report.
Source; https://www.bulldogs.com.au/siteassets/documents/2020/2019-annual-report-final.pdf
In which Craig Laundy is listed as non voting member, no other Laundys are listed.

In the 2018/19 Annual Report he isn't even listed as a non voting member.
Source; https://www.bulldogs.com.au/siteassets/documents/2018-annual-report_vfinal.pdf

Hence he has only been a member for less than 2 years, thus not eligible to vote.

Go Dogs
True, but they are not voting they are putting themselves up to be voted in.

Doe's our Constitution say that you have to be a voting member to be elected to a board position? Kind of dumb if it does as it would restrict the clubs ability to attract the right professionals. If you are to believe that we dont need Dog DNA to be successful that is....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
True, but they are not voting they are putting themselves up to be voted in.

Doe's our Constitution say that you have to be a voting member to be elected to a board position? Kind of dumb if it does as it would restrict the clubs ability to attract the right professionals. If you are to believe that we dont need Dog DNA to be successful that is....
The Football Club Constitution is written (requiring 3 Years membership before voting) to avoid blow ins taking over.

Plus stop what the politicians call "Branch Stacking"

For example;
Ray Dib
David Dib
Georgette Dib
Nathan Dib
Karli Dib
Mounira Dib
Fayez Dib

Go Dogs

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Ok well fuck of them.who cares??

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Football Club Constitution is written (requiring 3 Years membership before voting) to avoid blow ins taking over.

Plus stop what the politicians call "Branch Stacking"

For example;
Ray Dib
David Dib
Georgette Dib
Nathan Dib
Karli Dib
Mounira Dib
Fayez Dib

Go Dogs
Ok, I couldn't be fucked reading it but that seems dumb to me.. NRL Clubs are big multi million $ business's these days so telling a potential talent that you would like to have as part of your board that they have to be a member for 3 years before being considered for the position is just silly..

I see no problem what so ever with the voting rights being 3 years but potential board candidates should be open to all comers if you want the very best talent.

Also I would add that just because Arthur's name (or anyone else of influence) isnt actually on the board doesn't mean he isn't in control of decisions or board direction financially speaking..