A lot of phone calls from Baz': How Barrett convinced Elliott to stay at Bulldogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is @utility half still out celebrating? Probably in the middle of a three day bender after his man got re-signed, one day for each year.

Also, how is the cognitive dissonance going TK? Does Barret's efforts to keep AElliott mean Adam is a good player or Baz a poor judge? Sack Baz?
Makes me extremely worried about TBaz!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is $500K too much?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
When you grow a little older, you might understand that I meant if he’s our best forward, we are one fucked up club at the moment. I wouldn’t have him in my top 20 forwards in the comp
You should already know that Elliott is our best forward if you watch our games. You should just say "we're fucked" not if, if that's your opinion. After the premium locks in the competition (Radley, Taumalolo, Jurbo and Murray) he's right up there with the rest.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You should already know that Elliott is our best forward if you watch our games. You should just say "we're fucked" not if, if that's your opinion. After the premium locks in the competition (Radley, Taumalolo, Jurbo and Murray) he's right up there with the rest.
After the premium locks, Brown, Finucane, Yeo, Arrow, Carrigan are also in front of him. I would even argue that Cameron Mciness when he plays lock is in front of him. IMO, He is mid to bottom tier with Tevaga, Liu and Barnett etc.

Elliot is a solid first grader and good clubman, but if we are to improve we need a forward leader

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
After the premium locks, Brown, Finucane, Yeo, Arrow, Carrigan are also in front of him. I would even argue that Cameron Mciness when he plays lock is in front of him. IMO, He is mid to bottom tier with Tevaga, Liu and Barnett etc.

Elliot is a solid first grader and good clubman, but if we are to improve we need a forward leader
I have Elliott in the same category as the players you've listed (at least).

I'd like to know why you think Carrigan is better than Elliott (If Elliott was a QLDer he'd be playing Origin like Carrigan is probably going to, I've seen a few people say this as an argument, but there's a lot more better locks from NSW, bigger player pool, etc)? Stats suggest the complete opposite (I know they don't mean everything, but they're still important to an extent).

Also how many of those locks can ball play (important in the current meta)?

I think lock/Elliott is one of our best positions when comparing to other teams across all positions.

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The guy had half a decent year and it’s been this media driven agenda that we wouldn’t be the family club if we didn’t pay him good money. Bloke should have been happy with anything after how shit he has been for so long and fucking us over on and mad Monday

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hope we didn’t pay overs.

But in saying that he is a player every club needs. Not saying he is a gun. But he is just that hard nosed. Gets in it, I think Thompson would love running out with him. To have another niggler by his side.

they would feed off each other. Shame back in the days we had mason, omeley, asotasi, sonny bill running off each other. And these days it’s tolman, Napa and Thompson. Severely lacking grunt in the engine room.
Tbh there has not been a pack assembled like that 2004-06 side. The much vaunted packs of roosters 2018-19 would be murdered by that pack. Hargreaves would be fucking killed, can’t believe he is the “toughest” prop we have in the game

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Captain Jackson's comments...

Marquee?
Oh dear....is Baz giving us a heads up we are re-signing all the duds again if he's our marquee?

I'm now waiting for Nasheed to claim Marquee poster on TK!
It's hard to say if I'm the marquee, but I'm definitely up there. I Am one of the few that actually provide intelligence discussion to this place, And I bring a treasure trove of information through my insider, friend from Taree, life experience etc

In Nasheed, you don't just get a forum poster, you get access to a student of the Canterbury club.

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Barrett thinks he is a marquee player than god help us... lol
But in saying that, as much as i don't like Elliott, the vibes we get from Barrett are much more positive than Hasler and Pay. It seems players are already excited for next year and players want to join us.

Time will tell...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Barrett thinks he is a marquee player than god help us... lol
But in saying that, as much as i don't like Elliott, the vibes we get from Barrett are much more positive than Hasler and Pay. It seems players are already excited for next year and players want to join us.

Time will tell...
Have to agree with this. Even though I certainly don't think Elliot deserves the title of a marque player (I don't actually think anyone at the club has given him that title btw), he's been a solid player for us this year and if Barrett has enough belief in him to want him to stay on then who are we to argue ... at this point?

As you say, time will tell ... but I'm personally not going to be overly negative about Elliot re-signing.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tbh there has not been a pack assembled like that 2004-06 side. The much vaunted packs of roosters 2018-19 would be murdered by that pack. Hargreaves would be fucking killed, can’t believe he is the “toughest” prop we have in the game
Totally agree. That pack was relentless.

And now........ we have Napa and tolman on the 4th:tongueclosed: