Social Media Brandon Smith

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I can see it happening as he will be behind Cam Smith or Harry Grant and would still only get 30 or so min per game, but if its true wow all of a sudden top 8 is not out of the question next year!

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive heard that cam smith is likely to retire after this year but i imagine that harry grant would be in front of brandon now and he deserves to be a starting 9 and would be at any other club so i suppose he could become restless

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes on contract until 2022 though so it would be hard to see melbourne letting him go, maybe we can swap them for lewis haha

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
My ideal scenario, Cam Smith plays on so Tigers are able to sign grant. Brandon Smith is pissed about playing anoylther year in 14 so we pick him up mid season in time to make a finals push. End of next year Cam retires Storm left scratching their heads.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Next minute there'll be stories in the Telegraph about us signing him based on this rumour.

We all hope it's true. It's very unlikely B.Smith or his manager would be negotiating with anyone until after the season though. Especially with so much up in the air with Cam and Grant.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for real? i think he would make the most difference to our team out of anyone - even a gun half
Absolutely. His service isnt as crisp as what you'd like but that can be fixed. He just poses a real threat out of dummy half. I remember a test match he played against Aus, he almost single handedly destroyed us.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next minute there'll be stories in the Telegraph about us signing him based on this rumour.

We all hope it's true. It's very unlikely B.Smith or his manager would be negotiating with anyone until after the season though. Especially with so much up in the air with Cam and Grant.
Surely they can see the writing on the wall...Grant will be the Storm 9 next year

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely. His service isnt as crisp as what you'd like but that can be fixed. He just poses a real threat out of dummy half. I remember a test match he played against Aus, he almost single handedly destroyed us.
i remember that, he almost scored 2-3 tries and he may have been on debut. just watched inside the nrl and they were talking about the storm succession plan for #9, soward said we should go for brandon smith as there was talk that grant will get the starting spot and brandon may be pissed off as he has waited patiently for cam smith to retire. They asked brandon about it a few weeks back if he would consider his options if he wasnt starting 9 and he said he wouldnt do it but he would leave all of that for his manager to sort out and that he wants to play 9. Seems like a bit of smoke to me

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
hes on contract until 2022 though so it would be hard to see melbourne letting him go, maybe we can swap them for lewis haha
I believe he’s got a get out clause in his contract as he wants to play 9.