News The Zoom call that put Barrett in the box seat for Bulldogs job

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Griffin. Wane. No doubt there are other people involved in talks so we'll have to wait and see which one comes out.

If it's Barrett then so be it. Whoever comes in will get my full support. More importantly is that the club supports this new coach by putting in a proper backroom team. Pay's support staff were a fucking rabble.
I wasn't a Pay fan BUT bro he was never given a chance lets be honest. He was working with bare minimum of everything from playing roster to support staff.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wasn't a Pay fan BUT bro he was never given a chance lets be honest. He was working with bare minimum of everything from playing roster to support staff.
And he knew that when agreeing to become the coach. What else could the club have done to help him? He chose his backroom staff. He signed the players he wanted. The only one was Reynolds and it's well documented why we didn't get him.

Agree it's hard on him not to have free use of the salary cap but everyone knew we wouldn't have that situation till '21.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fk you people are easily pleased. No way to barrett.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m happy to take Barrett

His time at Manly clouded with controversy etc but we don’t know the full story

All I see is Panthers scintillating attack and I want some of that !!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hello .......... Wayne Beavis is Barrett’s manager. He’s famous, actually infamous, for using the media to get what he wants, such as pumping up his client’s value so he gets more commission. Beavis leaks whatever he needs to help line his own pockets. How many “positive” media stories in the last 3 days about Barrett, who do you think is feeding them, Beavis. Take this one, what’s the biggest slight on Barrett’s caching credentials? His failure at Manly, everybody knows it, so feed the media with “never revealed before background information on the REAL story”. When looking for the source of media leaks, start with he who benefits most.

The bottom line, Beavis is leaking whatever helps his clients case, and gets himself more commission.

Go Dogs

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hello .......... Wayne Beavis is Barrett’s manager. He’s famous, actually infamous, for using the media to get what he wants, such as pumping up his client’s value so he gets more commission. Beavis leaks whatever he needs to help line his own pockets. How many “positive” media stories in the last 3 days about Barrett, who do you think is feeding them, Beavis. Take this one, what’s the biggest slight on Barrett’s caching credentials? His failure at Manly, everybody knows it, so feed the media with “never revealed before background information on the REAL story”. When looking for the source of media leaks, start with he who benefits most.

The bottom line, Beavis is leaking whatever helps his clients case, and gets himself more commission.

Go Dogs
He just sounds like every other manager tbh

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No one knows for sure if he’ll do well or not at the dogs. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
One thing that is certain though is that we’ll definitely be scoring more than 10 points a game.
Not of much use if we are leaking 20 more points per game.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you’ll find most of the leaks are coming from the Bulldogs side of the ledger. The primary negotiator in the form of Hill.
What’s in it for Hill to be the leaker? He has nothing much to gain compared to Beavis, there’s real money in it for him to help the deal get done and even more to push up the price. Leaking Barrett favourable stories to the media is one easy step, one per day to mount the pressure. In comparison we want the price to stay as low as possible, so positive Barrett stories are not in our favour. My view is Barrett needs us (for an NRL head coaching role) more than we need him (there are others).

As posted previously, the new coach (Whoever it is) not starting till next season is far too farkin late as far as I’m concerned. If Barrett wants the gig then Beavis needs to negotiate him out of his Canbra contract so he can start next week. If he doesn’t then I’d be reducing his first year contract because it will take him “half a year” at least to even get properly going. Make this year the “half a year“ and earn a full years contract next year. He’s not going to be as effective next year so offer him less money, that’ll get his manager’s attention.

Go Dogs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sick of hearing journos blame club politics for Pay leaving. He couldn’t coach is why he’s gone.
Absolutely and shows how clueless they are at knowing the game,just trying to create drama

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From you, the legendary @AlzzBulldog..? hahahahahah.. Please, you have mindlessly bagged everything the club has done for years and now because Pay is gone you think your work is done and Barrett will fix everything?? Good for you.

I dont give a fuck, is in reference to Barretts appointment and not the clubs success which any supporter wants. I just dont believe our club and board have made the right choices on OUR behalf. Our, as in the supporters, members and sponsors and employees of the Canterbury Bulldogs who entrust them to run the joint.

If you dont like that answer then please accept the same one I gave mr j.
Only the football club members.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If that happens you can boast how right you were and we can all bow down to you and give you credit. Until then STFU. Change was needed so let things run it’s due course without you whinging about the same shit over and over again
Well said.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely there are others the club is talking too ? im not convinced Barrett is our best choice.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Andrew Webster is one of few NRL journo that deserves to be read or listened to. Informative without click bait nonsense headlines and fabricated narrative.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barret is a band aid solution.

We need someone who can put the structues in place to repair the foundations of the whole football department.l, is proven at developing top NRL level players from juniors systems and can build a 30 man roster of top quality talent to get us back in the hunt.

IMHO, I think Anthony Griffen should be pur priority target.
He might not be able to win us a premiership, but he can do all the above and will get us back to being a regular finalist and in the hunt again.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not of much use if we are leaking 20 more points per game.

Go Dogs
Your knowledge is great. A lot of defensive issues come from the lack of us scoring points. Scoring points breeds confidence. All we do is sit back and try to defend our way to a win without throwing much at the opposition. Eventually our defence get worn down, hence some our blow out score lines. But as I said your knowledge is great.