Naya Rivera's body found in Lake Piru

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
R.I.P. Naya. Many people who watched Glee in the past will know who she is, known for playing a cheerleader for the school, and a somewhat bitchy character. You know someone is a really great actor when you begin to form a hatred for them (the character that is, not the actor).

I'll always remember her for wearing the shirt saying "Lebanese" on it, in the Born This Way episode (even though her character is obviously not Lebanese).

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some things about this death just do not add up. She was swimming with her son, got him into the boat but couldn't get herself into it and drowned? Be interested if the autopsy reveals anything.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
R.I.P. Naya. Many people who watched Glee in the past will know who she is, known for playing a cheerleader for the school, and a somewhat bitchy character. You know someone is a really great actor when you begin to form a hatred for them (the character that is, not the actor).

I'll always remember her for wearing the shirt saying "Lebanese" on it, in the Born This Way episode (even though her character is obviously not Lebanese).

liter

it does sound odd.

But having seen a couple of videos of people drowning, it doesn't surprise me. One video I saw of some young indian guys went to a tiny little watering hole (I think in India somewhere) and they literally took all of a few steps into the shallows, panicked and then proceeded to make their situation worse and drowned. All of this happened in the space of 30 seconds (everything being fine to them disappearing under the water within 30 seconds).

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
it does sound odd.

But having seen a couple of videos of people drowning, it doesn't surprise me. One video I saw of some young indian guys went to a tiny little watering hole (I think in India somewhere) and they literally took all of a few steps into the shallows, panicked and then proceeded to make their situation worse and drowned. All of this happened in the space of 30 seconds (everything being fine to them disappearing under the water within 30 seconds).
I've seen that video also. There is another one of a couple in Yemen playing in a dam that end up drowning because the guy slips from the shallows into deeper water and pulled his girlfriend in with him. She actually almost gets back to the shallows but her boyfriend keeps grabbing her and eventually drags her under. It all happens very quickly and is very eerie to see that happen then the video of just the stillness of the water with the sounds of the wind and birds chirping in the background.

As in the case with Naya, it's definitely odd and her young son as the only witness makes it difficult.

At least they found her body so the family can have proper closure and a body to bury.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here, i remember last year that a group of arabs from Bankstown all drowned in the parra (maybe it was Georges River) rive and i remember thinking 'wtf, how can 3 people or whatever drown in such a small body of water? Can you really be that bad a swimmer? is it because they didnt learn to swim in oz? but my Taree friend explained to me that in mosy parts oif the parra river if you fall out your boat the seaweed/reeds underneath trap your legs and entangle you and capture you from getting back to the surface. Maybe its what happened here?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
it does sound odd.

can you send it?

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad to lose a mum like that. Kid will feel an absence all his life.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Elvis' grandson blew his brains out too, another one to join the 27 club.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about Herb? Cracked me up lol.
Was that the ex wife's boyfriend? I watched the first season then started feeling it was de ja vu watching new episodes.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Was that the ex wife's boyfriend? I watched the first season then started feeling it was de ja vu watching new episodes.
Yeah he was Judiths boyfriend then husband... damn hilarious lol...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah he was Judiths boyfriend then husband... damn hilarious lol...

Ryan Stiles is funny as fuck on Who's Line Is It Anyway, a long with Colin Mochrie. Those two together would just put shit on each other all the time.