Okunbor/CHN megathread

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No he shouldn’t have been deregistered..
The NRL put that in to action..not the club
The club followed protocol and terminated their contracts after the NRL had already made it clear they weren’t going to be playing NRL for the foreseeable future anyway..
No matter how you simplify the indescretion,it is now and always has been,against the policy of the club and code..at least since Coffs..
The onus is on the players to act responsibly and not break protocol,regardless of how tempting it may be..
These players earn enough to rightfully have these limitations put on them by the club and league..
But for him to now come out and say anything along the lines of ‘he’s pissed at the club,or he doesn’t feel the club supported him through it all’
Fucking please..is he 10?
He is a grown ass man that earns good coin to play a game,where he has a responsibility to represent the club and the league in a certain manor..
He didn’t..illegal or not..
All I’m saying is,he should own it and not benefit from it financially because he feels the club didn’t hold his hand..
Okunbor should have been deregistered..but now he is free to resume his career in 4 weeks and it appears he feels a sense of remorse and a want to make good with club and teammates..which is more than Corey is showing
CHN is staying with the bulldogs. He has come in terms with the bulldogs and will continue his contract. Apparently Phil Gould was involved with the decision and Trent Barrett gave him a phone call.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
CHN is staying with the bulldogs. He has come in terms with the bulldogs and will continue his contract. Apparently Phil Gould was involved with the decision and Trent Barrett gave him a phone call.
I sure hope so.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been hearing Between Anthony griffin and Shaun Wayne as head coach Michael ennis as assistant coach. Nick Citric is a done deal. Also Alex Johnston is done deal. Souths are offloading Gagai for JAC.
Harry grant is a done deal as tigers can’t match $500k from the bulldogs.
Also Lachlan Lewis is off to Melbourne a player swap with one of there forwards.
Foran is getting a 1 year extension on around 500k. Elliot is off to st George on $650k.
Fuckin please.. there is enough real shit that is actually happening without adding rubbish to it...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What did CHN do wrong?
Didnt he sleep with the TEACHER? What is wrong with that? Okunbor i understand, that is a no go, but what did CHN do?
He met a teacher at the visit and they hooked up later. What is wrong with that?
Its not as if he had sex with her on the school grounds.
I mean, what if they ended up getting married?
Completely overblown by the NRL and club.
What a teacher, where did you get this.

The two girls were teenagers 16 & 17 at the time.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently both clubs in talks for a player swap, if this is true then the board can really go and get fucked. That’ll be the last straw for me.
as per Brent read article
HARAWIRA-NAERA AND OKUNBOR WERE DEREGISTERED BY THE GAME AND SACKED BY THE CLUB FOLLOWING A PRE-SEASON INCIDENT IN PORT MACQUARIE, BUT SUBSEQUENTLY HAD THEIR CONTRACTS REINSTATED AFTER THEY SUCCESSFULLY APPEALED TO THE NRL APPEALS COMMITTEE.

he was sacked - he can do whatever he wants , the reason I bet there is talk of swap with lafai as drag queens probably need to release him to fit chn in cap and anyway there was rumours lafai was getting released to dogs before all this occured

Karl

Waterboy
Reaction score
Reports have emerged a potential player swap between CNH and Tim Lafai.

Tim Lafai is not much of a quality player that has speed or skill like that of the Morris brothers that we could have kept. It would be a bad decision if it happens.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as per Brent read article
HARAWIRA-NAERA AND OKUNBOR WERE DEREGISTERED BY THE GAME AND SACKED BY THE CLUB FOLLOWING A PRE-SEASON INCIDENT IN PORT MACQUARIE, BUT SUBSEQUENTLY HAD THEIR CONTRACTS REINSTATED AFTER THEY SUCCESSFULLY APPEALED TO THE NRL APPEALS COMMITTEE.

he was sacked - he can do whatever he wants , the reason I bet there is talk of swap with lafai as drag queens probably need to release him to fit chn in cap and anyway there was rumours lafai was getting released to dogs before all this occured
I totally understand but if he doesn’t want to stay then use him to get a player of the same value or better. Why do we always get bent over and fucked up the ass with the shit end of the stick. Chn wants to go fair enough for but a player swap for a has been Lafai is a joke. We let Harper go for a free spot for Lafai before this so I’m sure we can get Lafai pretty easy. This board just knows how to get it’s members and fans to hate them more and more

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I totally understand but if he doesn’t want to stay then use him to get a player of the same value or better. Why do we always get bent over and fucked up the ass with the shit end of the stick. Chn wants to go fair enough for but a player swap for a has been Lafai is a joke. We let Harper go for a free spot for Lafai before this so I’m sure we can get Lafai pretty easy. This board just knows how to get it’s members and fans to hate them more and more
This is like Klemmer all over again LOL we were trying to get a player swap but the Knights played hardball and eventually we just released Klem for nothing in return :tearsofjoy:

A

Alexander the Great

Have you got any more of what you are smoking? Must be cracker gear.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Okunbor is staying while chn knows his wanted by other clubs. Obviously the other club that chn finds will pay for the remainder of his contract. Problem for us is there both entitled to all there backpay from the time they got deregistered. Now does that come under our cap for this year? Even though the nrl deregistered them. This would be grossly unfair. Surely we get a cap exemption for the games they have missed. The whole thing is a mess.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure of accuracy, But a friend works at fox sports, he pointed out to me that an outside influence to consider in this whole situation is a major sponsor. We are reported to be very close to signing a major sponsor (I wasn’t given any info on this), and they have been consulted about how the reinstatement of these two players may affect the deal. If someone is about to drop potentially $1M per year in sponsorship, then they might have a big say on if they support the clubs decision to keep or move the players on.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok hes gone to all you CHN fans, Isaac is never right LOL

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely the new coach would have a say on who we keep, swap or recruit? If we have a coach signed or lined up you'd think we would wait or see what they want to do.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Chn is going surly a swap deal for Green at the warriors is a smarter move. Lafai was aready out the dragons door anyway.