Okunbor/CHN megathread

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_4762.JPG

CHN likes photo suggesting other teams are interested and he doesn’t want to return, I know it’s only Instagram but I’m pretty resigned to the fact he’s leaving I just pray we don’t fold without getting at least someone in return like with the klemmer situation.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I want to know if Okunbor is still with his partner ?

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
CHN likes photo suggesting other teams are interested and he doesn’t want to return, I know it’s only Instagram but I’m pretty resigned to the fact he’s leaving I just pray we don’t fold without getting at least someone in return like with the klemmer situation.
Hahahaha what a fkn wanker this guy is

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahaha what a fkn wanker this guy is
I understand his situation was different to okunbors which I think is where his anger stems from but I just don’t get this attitude ignoring the fact the club lost 2 mil sponsorship because of the incident how about owning your actions seeing it from both sides and repaying your mates who are getting belted every week missing one of their best players because he couldn’t keep it in his pants.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He threw himself to the wolves..
HE BROKE PROTOCOL..NOT THE DOGS..
if there was no indescretion,there is no fucking issue..
Own your shit..you don’t need a club to hold your hand unless you are 10.
How hard is it to just follow the rules..they get paid enough to have that onus put on them.
The NRL should put a clause in the re-instatement,that if they don’t resume at the club they were previously employed at,then the de-registration stands for a period of time..make your choice
He met a girl off a dating site you fucking moron And had consensual sex with her in his hotel room while the other player took an actual school girl back to his room.
The club should have been open about thus even making media statements instead of allowing the rumour and innuendo to continue to ruin his character.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
but my point is I don’t think the club has a leg to stand on to hold up a release as I imagine the contract is null and void in the players favour . you can’t sack someone and then hold them to the contract unless he agrees. im just going off what they released at the time the club released statement that they were sacked not suspended awaiting outcome of the latest appeal
As far as I recall the club didn't make the call, the NRL did, we just allowed the decision to stand without opposition. I also recall that the club said they'd offer support to both players through the situation. But we're all in the dark about this really.

Nobody even knows what CHN is planning to discuss in this supposed meeting. Perhaps he's just coming in to discuss Covid protocol etc before resuming training.

All I know is that I don't want this used as an out clause so he can move on for more money.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He met a girl off a dating site you fucking moron And had consensual sex with her in he hotel room while the other player took an actual school girl back to his room.
Fucking big lad on the keyboard hey..
You’re the fucking wank stain that doesn’t comprehend he should be owning his shit and doing everything he can to make good with his teammates and club..WHO PAY HIS FUCKING WAGES..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 15956

He has also liked a lot of the dogs posts up until this time too.. who knows..

Last edited:

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He met a girl off a dating site you fucking moron And had consensual sex with her in his hotel room while the other player took an actual school girl back to his room.
The club should have been open about thus even making media statements instead of allowing the rumour and innuendo to continue to ruin his character.
From reports, she was on tinder, but also a schoolgirl.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 15956

He could just be liking it cos its total bullshit. I know I would.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He could just be liking it cos its total bullshit. I know I would.
Not the best way to win back the respect of your team mates and fans who might see it. He's gone imo. The guy is named captain at the 9s, contributed to the loss our major sponsorship, breaks team rules, disrupts our pre season and season results which resulted in the sacking of his coach. But nah nah he's been hard done by guys, hes the victim. Piss off Corey

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
... and no club wants to sign a player that gets themselves into trouble in the first place. The relationship between club and player goes both ways.
Yes they do... Clubs will always line up for the sacked 'bad boy' we will be the victim in this scenario
I want to know if Okunbor is still with his partner ?
I don't think she is... shed be mad to be, April is a nice girl. Knew her as her former partner was apart of a local footy team I was affiliated with many years ago.

Malla

Reaction score
Could not care less. He cost us a sponsorship and this all happened right before the pandemic hit.

If he can't see why the club took the approach they did and how he probably cost us a fair chunk of money, then he can go fuck himself

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Drag queens want him hey? He’s under contact for another year or so with us, Cam McInnes under contract with them for about the same I believe. Let’s play swapsies

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn’t take him back. As good as a player he is, he knew what he was doing and didn’t give a rats arse about the club or the consequences if it got out to the media (which it did). Do you think a Storm player would have done that under Bellamy’s watch? Our club needs to start standing up for things and create a strong culture internally. Only then can the rebuild happen correctly. Just my opinion
Speaking of Storm player and former Storm player.....
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-11/rugby-league-players-snorting-cocaine-caught-on-video/9638676

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Drag queens want him hey? He’s under contact for another year or so with us, Cam McInnes under contract with them for about the same I believe. Let’s play swapsies
Yep fuck oath either him or Ben Hunt to play hooker no other fair way around that imo. Issue is though is apparently Hunt still wants to play 7. We would like get shafted with someone like Fuimaono lol