SUPPORT THE CLUB!!!!

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I say fuck the club. They dont deserve our support. They are a bunch of disingenuine, disrespectful politicians who absolutely did the wrong thing by Dean Pay. They send him out to war for 3 years with a water pistol then threw him to the wolves when they were done with him.
Run hard and tackle strong was the brainchild of Pay's advice to RFM. Pay picked the players out of position and came up with the game plans. He rotated the bench.

The Board (and I know this as fact) did not interfere with team selections. That was Pay's role.

Pay was instrumental is the dismissal of Ockunbur and CHN. Pay recruited Britt and Stimson.

Yep, the Board was disrespectful etc. They should have kept him so the level of discontent could grow.

Everyone has been whinging re Pay. He's gone and the whinging continues.

For what it's worth, I'm not happy with the Board and Anderson should walk BUT the removal of Pay as coach is a positive for the Club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just scroll past his posts like I do. I can’t read the shit he posts. The more you tell him about Holland the more he will use Holland in his posts.
Then you've missed out on some good quality inside information if nothing else

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How? By letting him fulfill his three years that he’s signed for that he refused to finish
He was used and abused. No coach wanted to navigate the club through the shit storm...in comes Pay to rescue the Joint when any coach with a firstname knocked us back. The Board then handcuff him, strip him of his most experienced and quality senior players and sent him to war with a Reject shop water pistol for three years...the Board then throw him infront of the media twice a week to take all the grenades whilst they hid in their bunkers to protect themselves from any of the pressures or outside noise....They then veto any signings he attemps to make for the betterment of the team and his coaching reputation/record all because they are deceitfully behind the scenes preparing to secure the services of another coach and want to ensure said coach has the full salary cap at their disposal.

Does that not clearly indicate that he was used and abused, when he was expected to eat shit for three years with no incentive.

You dont treat people like that. Particularly not as they call him a "Bulldogs legend". If thats how they treat a "Bulldogs Legend" how are they going to treat an outsider like Barrett?

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was used and abused. No coach wanted to navigate the club through the shit storm...in comes Pay to rescue the Joint when any coach with a firstname knocked us back. The Board then handcuff him, strip him of his most experienced and quality senior players and sent him to war with a Reject shop water pistol for three years...the Board then throw him infront of the media twice a week to take all the grenades whilst they hid in their bunkers to protect themselves from any of the pressures or outside noise....They then veto any signings he attemps to make for the betterment of the team and his coaching reputation/record all because they are deceitfully behind the scenes preparing to secure the services of another coach and want to ensure said coach has the full salary cap at their disposal.

Does that not clearly indicate that he was used and abused, when he was expected to eat shit for three years with no incentive.

You dont treat people like that. Particularly not as they call him a "Bulldogs legend". If thats how they treat a "Bulldogs Legend" how are they going to treat an outsider like Barrett?
Geez the over respect for Dean Pay is mind boggling. His record before this season was dreadful especially in the first half of the year. This season has got worse. If it improved I would be willing to listen to his supporters and then still get rid of him. He doesn’t even look like a coach. His press conferences were script written by a 10 year old. There is no way he was ever going to bring success here. We had to get rid of him last year. But it’s done now. Let’s buy 5 class players and see what happens.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not dismissing what you’ve said as it appears the board have handled things atrociously the last few weeks and probably are the bigger problem.
But Pay’s gone.
Time to move on.

Rugby League is a business. Loyalty in the NRL died a long time ago. No one deserves special treatment in a results based industry

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I say fuck the club. They dont deserve our support. They are a bunch of disingenuine, disrespectful politicians who absolutely did the wrong thing by Dean Pay. They send him out to war for 3 years with a water pistol then threw him to the wolves when they were done with him.
Nope. Pay was gone end of this year anyway. Despite the roster he had them singing late last year then again this year they are diabolical once more.
Even then, we could hardly score points when winning late last year. Deano has defensive respect among the squad but not attacking respect. Many of us didn't know how to build pressure, how to get repeat sets, how and when to run. Our ball movement is mostly slow, ill directed and too flat and predictable. Was there no improvement from our halves spending time with Shifty?
Deano had to go now. Enough pain suffered by supporters.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Personally. And this is just my opinion.

The fact he's a Bulldog legend (I don't think it was btw) has nothing to do with how he should be treated. The club has the responsibility to take care of the club first and foremost. Not the coach. No person is more important than the club. Not a 'club legend' in your eyes. Nor our best player. No one.

When Pay first came to the club it's widely reported at least one other potential candidate ruled it out because of the state of our salary cap problems. Do you think that Pay didn't know this? That he was blind to the fact players would have to be sold? If he really didn't know about this then it shows he was incompetant, however I think just like you that he wanted to rescue the joint. He stood up when no one else wanted to, and offered to help. Wonderful of him but he handcuffed himself by doing that. Not the club.

Sent him to war for 3 years with water pistols. True. But again, he knew that. And he had a hand in signing 'new water pistols' though they were obviously cheap ones. Again ... he knew that would be the case. The club said from day one it'd be 2021 before true purchases could be made.

Pay signed on a 1 year extension knowing the conditions placed on him. He knew the salary cap was/is still stuffed but still signed on. I think there's little doubt that the club wanted him to last till the end of the year at least, otherwise they would've extended him by the year. Would you not agree?

He's massively underperformed this year. We're playing terrible footy. Rooted to the bottom of the ladder. Honestly, it can't get much worse than it already is ...

Do you expect our club to wait till the end of the year to search for a new coach? Wouldn't that be unbelievably incompetant of them to do so? And considering that the team is playing so badly, and the coach is performing disasterously ... do you honestly expect the club to go out and buy every player he wants when his contract is up at the end of the year? Why would they? Would be stupid if they did.

Love your passion for Pay but what you're saying doesn't make sense. I was a Pay supporter, and still am in some ways, but your argument really has no basis. It doesn't make sense. He had to go.

The problem with the board is who they bring in next.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
From the smh. Hopefully some good news coming soon.
The Bulldogs remain the only club without a major sponsor but are hopeful to resolve that issue in coming days. Several prospective backers have been in negotiations with the club, while current sponsor Sydney Tools are considering stepping up to the major spot.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bulldogs remain the only club without a major sponsor but are hopeful to resolve that issue in coming days. Several prospective backers have been in negotiations with the club, while current sponsor Sydney Tools are considering stepping up to the major spot.
Hopefully they get this over the line. People that hated KIA on the jersey wont like Sydney Tools though with a red logo. I don’t really care the club desperately need some good news.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

How did Pay rescue the club? On a white horse?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lovely! May explain the silence of the board in recent times?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Hopefully they get this over the line. People that hated KIA on the jersey wont like Sydney Tools though with a red logo. I don’t really care the club desperately need some good news.
That's right we need some positive vibes, sick of the negativity.
New sponsor
CHN is coming back
New coach and staff
All in 1 week would be great for the club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Also won't be getting anywhere near as much money as we did from Kia

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's right we need some positive vibes, sick of the negativity.
New sponsor
CHN is coming back
New coach and staff
All in 1 week would be great for the club.
Might as well get greedy with the good news and sign Cotric too!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty I've supported Pay in the knowledge that he's had to deal with a budget roster during his time here. But given that the team was able to finish last season on a roll by beating a number of teams heading into the finals, it's hard to justify the lack of wins this year. If anything we should have at least started with around 25% winning ratio. But the players are looking less confident by the week.

As far as the board goes, a lot of my judgement of them will ride on seeing the team assembled beyond this year. So far as it goes, I think that we've made some decent signings while shackled by the salary cap, seeing players like Klemmer throw tanties and wanting out and the few other issues along the way. I'm hopeful that the reported investment in country areas football nurseries will start to show results in the next year with a few good youngsters moving into our system. But like Pay, the board will face increasing levels of scrutiny if they don't play their part in turning things around.

I still support this board. They inherited a shitfight and have at least said that they're going to do some of the things to return us to our roots (like develop juniors again). We're actually seeing some signs that aspect of things is coming to fruition with Averillo, Toomaga and Wakeham earning spots. I understand that recruiting stars is a tough gig. Even with a warchest, we're trying to recruit a number of players. And while that might seem easy, numerous clubs probably set aside marquee money for one key position. So we're potentially trying to outdo multiple clubs with a mini warchest for a single player with each established player we chase.

But like coaching, running a club demands results in the end and I'll stop supporting our management if the next two years don't show results.