Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hopefully a grown footballer doesnt pick up your daughter at school then takes her back to the hotel to fuck her
Also 15 week suspension upon appeal suggests they did something wrong.
Your 18 year old school daughter is going to get creampied by someone eventually, might as well let her get Tiktok e-cred.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How was he placed with offloads?
Dunno, couldn't get over the lack of run metres and the amount of missed tackles.

I'm guessing pretty high. I'm not saying he isn't good, but he's a little overrated on here.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes, the club has Catholic foundations. It was not religion, but fear of the media that forced the Dogs' hand. They were trying to defuse what they imagined was going to be another Coffs Harbour incident, coming on the back of a series of Mad Monday incidents. As is turned out, the media did go into savage mode - and some parts of the media are even getting stuck in now that the players have been given a second chance.

With hindsight, the club should have referred this to the NRL, but not released a public statement until they saw how it would be reported; then they could have responded with a carefully worded media release. The way we did it invited everyone to have a free shot at us; which they did with gusto.
It's clear as day the incumbents are not competent enough to handle these difficult situations and desperately need media management handlers to come in and try to present some sort of professional face to this, otherwise more egg on face.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh, I didn’t quite comprehend your reply as being a valid argument and apologies for my outburst.

“Hopefully a grown footballer doesnt pick up your daughter at school then takes her back to the hotel to fuck her”

But because I’m unable to help myself by name calling and offending people I’ll call you an idiot again and just hope that one day I’ll be reformed and a model upstanding citizen like you.
Lol no point then. I've made my valid point
Jog on

Last edited by a moderator:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dunno, couldn't get over the lack of run metres and the amount of missed tackles.

I'm guessing pretty high. I'm not saying he isn't good, but he's a little overrated on here.
Hopefully new coach can get our monies worth outa him if....

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully new coach can get our monies worth outa him if....
If he stays.

Agreed. Its a pity he couldn't keep his peepee in his pants as i think the new faster game would have suited someone like him.

If he does stay there is the beginnings of a good pack.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
From the closed thread;

In no way trying to defend the club from this tripe, but I think there are a few factors (some out of our control) that we are awaiting for guidance from the NRL on:
  1. We dropped our 30 man squad to 28 in the sacking of CHN and Oks
  2. We then fast tracked Thompsons addition to our squad, taking our squad to 29. We may of also promoted a player (correct me if I am wrong) - so we currently either have 29 or 30 players under our cap - and now we have to re-register CHN and Oks (unless we choose to sack them, and risk further issues with that).
  3. The above means we need to discuss with the NRL what the best course of action is - if we are indeed at 31 players, what does that mean for us? I don't think this threatens the cap, given that Thompson, CHN and Okunbor will have their salaries at a pro-rata rate
Some corrections;

We only had 29 players registered with the NRL, same as last year, and the year before, we kept one spot open to take advantage of any "available" players before June 30 (August 3 this year).
To facilitate this we also retained around 5% of this year's Salary Cap as we are allowed to do under the NRL rules.
We were informed by the NRL that as soon as CHN and JO lodged their notices to appeal were were not allowed to replace them (in the 29).
Adding Thompson made the 30 and consumed some of the 5% Cap space, there was also some juggling of his contract for next year.

All official originals of NRL player contracts are held by the NRL, so we couldn't have "ripped them up" even if we wanted to. I suppose we could rip up a copy but it would achieve nothing, it's the original that matters. CHN and JO were "deregistered" as players by the NRL, all that means is we could not play them in NRL games. It does not mean that they were "sacked", we could still pay them and strangely enough it would not be included in our Cap because they weren't contracted players. The notice to appeal was lodged very soon after the punishment was announced, meaning that were handicapped by not having 2 NRL level players for the season to date. Also keep in mind, who paid the substantial legal cost for the appeals? Plus who is going to pay their fines?

The undeniable fact is the NRL farked up big time by deregistering players with a "clean record". Which was reason #1 why they lost the appeal, no precedent for first offence. Reason #2, as I posted (as did many others) many times the punishment did not fit the contract breach, it was totally out of proportion. Even worse, the NRL failed completely to understand what "deregistration" actually meant to the players and to their club, especially just as the season was about to start. Then they did not understand what the appeal actually meant to that deregistration. It was ill considered and totally ignored natural justice for the players and the club and that has been going on for 5 farking months.

I have no doubt that CHN and JO and entitled to their contracted salaries, but as usual that is not the important question, what is important is what does it do to our Cap now that they have suspensions (10 games and 14 games) and fines to pay. Clubs don't get Cap relief when players are suspended due to on field indiscretions. But what the fark happens in this case, when the NRL plainly farked us over.

Go Dogs

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Understand it’s not record breaking but he did look a lot better running of Foran the back end of the year. When Foran was out himself and Lewis did not have the timing right and used to mess up the play a lot. His offloads were always dangerous and he made line breaks and scored tries. In our pack he was the shining light last year for mine. I think you already mentioned it above but the new rules and faster game probably suit him even more.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s a backrower by that logic players like Kikau is overrated he averages 86 metres one of the best backrowers in the comp
Well it does sound kind of lazy to me still lol.
Just think back to when we had Trex, he used to put out numbers like that and get absolutely destroyed on here.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it does sound kind of lazy to me still lol.
Just think back to when we had Trex, he used to put out numbers like that and get absolutely destroyed on here.
80 metres is a respectable number for backrowers particularly undersized ones like chn they don’t run off the kick off which inflates front towers numbers they aren’t in the middle coming out of our end most of the work is off backline plays and in this side our backline plays never create space so I personally love him as a player admittedly his defence is ordinary but I’m just desperate for half an ounce of excitement and talent at this point lol

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
From the closed thread;

Some corrections;

We only had 29 players registered with the NRL, same as last year, and the year before, we kept one spot open to take advantage of any "available" players before June 30 (August 3 this year).
To facilitate this we also retained around 5% of this year's Salary Cap as we are allowed to do under the NRL rules.
We were informed by the NRL that as soon as CHN and JO lodged their notices to appeal were were not allowed to replace them (in the 29).
Adding Thompson made the 30 and consumed some of the 5% Cap space, there was also some juggling of his contract for next year.

All official originals of NRL player contracts are held by the NRL, so we couldn't have "ripped them up" even if we wanted to. I suppose we could rip up a copy but it would achieve nothing, it's the original that matters. CHN and JO were "deregistered" as players by the NRL, all that means is we could not play them in NRL games. It does not mean that they were "sacked", we could still pay them and strangely enough it would not be included in our Cap because they weren't contracted players. The notice to appeal was lodged very soon after the punishment was announced, meaning that were handicapped by not having 2 NRL level players for the season to date. Also keep in mind, who paid the substantial legal cost for the appeals? Plus who is going to pay their fines?

The undeniable fact is the NRL farked up big time by deregistering players with a "clean record". Which was reason #1 why they lost the appeal, no precedent for first offence. Reason #2, as I posted (as did many others) many times the punishment did not fit the contract breach, it was totally out of proportion. Even worse, the NRL failed completely to understand what "deregistration" actually meant to the players and to their club, especially just as the season was about to start. Then they did not understand what the appeal actually meant to that deregistration. It was ill considered and totally ignored natural justice for the players and the club and that has been going on for 5 farking months.

I have no doubt that CHN and JO and entitled to their contracted salaries, but as usual that is not the important question, what is important is what does it do to our Cap now that they have suspensions (10 games and 14 games) and fines to pay. Clubs don't get Cap relief when players are suspended due to on field indiscretions. But what the fark happens in this case, when the NRL plainly farked us over.

Go Dogs
Are the contracts between the club and CHN & Okunbor still in place? Given the deregistration by the NRL and I assume they have been paid since the deregistration I doubt the contracts remain in place. Reading CHN statement I doubt he is returning.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From the closed thread;

Some corrections;

Go Dogs
Cracker insight mate.

Agreed on the plight of the NRL - punishment did not fit the crime. We were lauded for making a "tough" call - but this has well and truly come back to bite us in the ass.

It would be interesting to know what Pay's response was to the boys. Did he agree with the "sacking?"

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a trial by media in the first place. Other players have gotten away with much worse with less ramifications than the original punishment handed out by Greenberg.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So the way i see things, the contracts were de-registered and now after the appeal they are automatically re-instated and enforceable contracts. Of course, i believe we as a club would have the right to now sack the players because they clearly breached some very important clauses of their contracts as evidenced by the long suspensions.

BUT...its our option i believe and in our current state i think forgiveness looks like a really good idea!

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol no point then. I've made my valid point
Jog on
And you proved my point.
If you want further clarification on it I would be happy to oblige. Just let me know and I’ll jog on over if your heart is as big as your fingers

Last edited by a moderator:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And you proved my point.
If you want further clarification on it would be happy to oblige. Just let me know and I’ll jog on over if your heart is as big as your fingers
and u proved mine so we even