Hit list 2021

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The mole has come out that there will be a massive cleanout at Belmore and atleast 4 experienced players need to be recruited.

Apparently Elliott & Foran will be re-signing

RFM has already been re-signed

Casualties of clean up are - Holland, Cogger, Montoya, Sue, Tolman, Tass

Also Lafai is "close" to signing on (fml if this eventuates)

Which 4 players do you try and sign for 2021 who are off contract this year? This is my target list in order.

1. Jake Friend
2. Jackson Hastings (id replace with Foran)
3. Christian Welch
4. Nick Cotric

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Elliott and Foran fucking hell :tearsofjoy:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll take the moles comments with a grain of salt.

What if the new coach doesn't want Elliott or Foran.

If these players are re-signed before a coach will prove Chris Anderson is pulling the strings.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope Foran isn't re-signed. Surely they wait til the next coach is appointed before any signings.

I'm assuming Grant and B.Smith are off the table. Although they should be throwing big money at both to try and tempt them.

I'm not going strictly off contract as contracts are broken constantly now and money/opportunity talks..

Factoring that in, I'll go with:

Half - Burton
Fullback - Crichton
Centre - Cotric
Hooker - Watson

With two cheaper signings of:

Prop - Molo
Hooker - Starling

Four of those six are off contract. I don't think Mahoney or Friend will leave their current situations which is why I went with Watson and Starling.

Last edited:

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cotric won’t be comming know, was thinking of comming due to dollars and relationship with Pay.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the new coach can clear the deadwood contracted past this year.

Napa, JMK, Lewis, Britt, Crichton and Katoa are the main ones that have got to go.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hasler has Jake turbo playing an Aiden Tolman like role at manly

We should sign him up as Tolman's replacement

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The mole has come out that there will be a massive cleanout at Belmore and atleast 4 experienced players need to be recruited.

Apparently Elliott & Foran will be re-signing

RFM has already been re-signed

Casualties of clean up are - Holland, Cogger, Montoya, Sue, Tolman, Tass

Also Lafai is "close" to signing on (fml if this eventuates)

Which 4 players do you try and sign for 2021 who are off contract this year? This is my target list in order.

1. Jake Friend
2. Jackson Hastings (id replace with Foran)
3. Christian Welch
4. Nick Cotric
Sue has been great for us, done more in his short stints than Napa....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not going to speculate on who we should sign because it all seems out of our depth.

I would re-sign Sue as a solid bench forward that makes an impact and maybe Elliott as long as it's no-where near the figures reported on here (300k absolute tops) and let the rest go.

Foran already has shown that he's obviously injury prone but his recent form when on the field has been average at best. I'm guessing he would still want atleast 600k or more even at a reduced rate but he's not worth that.

I would get rid of Napa immediately too.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sue has been great for us, done more in his short stints than Napa....
Cant argue with that.

Also someone mentioned about getting rid of some "deadwood", which would help - Lewis, Napa & Katoa

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lafai signing (at this stage is a must)

Just because we have a war chest does not mean we're going to be able to attract quality players every time we go out into the market.

Lafai is obviously a plug signing, one I can see the reasoning behind, we have one centre, who's injured (hoppa). We have a couple of juniors coming through the ranks and lafai can see out next season until those kids are ready.

Tolman must be sent packing from the club, no more, this fucking stops here this season.

Montoya and Holland can go

Lewis goes.

Cogger maybe stay, depends if we can sign another half, think we need green.

Elliot can sign for what we value him at and then piss him off after his contract finishes.

Wakeham re sign and send him back to reserves to develop his game.

Ogden keep and give him a fair go

Napa shop him around.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Priority signings need to be.

1. Matt Burton
2. Darryl Clake
3. Pending court case Jack De Belin
4. Nick Cotric
5. Alex Walmsley

Don't resign anyone that's off contract. Even though Elliott has been playing well we need a clean out. Hopefully chn is retained. We don't need Okunbor.

1. Hoppa
2. Smith
3. Lafai no choice
4. Cotric
5. Dwz
6. Avo
7. Burton
8. Thompson
9. Clake
10. Walmsley
11. Jackson
12. Chn
13. Jdb

14. Meaney
15. Napa
16. Rfm
17. Renouf

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Foran isn't re-signed. Surely they wait til the next coach is appointed before any signings.

I'm assuming Grant and B.Smith are off the table. Although they should be throwing big money at both to try and tempt them.

I'm not going strictly off contract as contracts are broken constantly now and money/opportunity talks..

Half - Burton
Fullback - Crichton
Centre - Cotric
Hooker - Watson

Prop - Molo
Hooker - Starling

Four of those six are off contract. I don't think Mahoney or Friend will leave their current situations which is why I went with Watson and Starling.
I agree with Watson at hooker. Has proved for Newcastle he can play there, is very quick and loves to run the ball. I think he is just what we need at hooker.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with Watson at hooker. Has proved for Newcastle he can play there, is very quick and loves to run the ball. I think he is just what we need at hooker.
He's perfectly suited to the new rule changes too. He killed it in his stint there at Newcastle last year. His injuries are my only worry. He seems to miss 4-6 weeks quite regularly.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's perfectly suited to the new rule changes too. He killed it in his stint there at Newcastle last year. His injuries are my only worry. He seems to miss 4-6 weeks quite regularly.
Yeah thats true, they have been different injuries so hopefully they aren't reoccurring, coz the kid can definitely play

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Mahoney
2. Cotric

We have to nail a hooker out of Mahoney, Grant or Friend imo.

There's next to no good options for centre besides Cotric (Bird's probably the best afterwards and there is a lot of problems regarding him).

With how To'omaga's going and with CHN potentially coming back, if RFM is re-signing we probably won't sign another prop (RFM will move back into the prop rotation off the bench). I was liking Welch (starter) or Molo (bench).

I'd keep Elliott (especially) and Foran.

After those two signings I don't mind where we strengthen. Wherever we can really. I think it'd be more beneficial to try and lure someone like Munster for massive money to play fullback. If it's true we're signing Lafai, if we want Cotric too we're probably not going to be interested in a fullback due to there won't be a centre position for Hopoate to return to (Cotric and Lafai).

I like the idea of Johnston. We rely a lot on Hopoate at the back. Reimis is struggling so potentially a position (wing) we can strengthen. Johnston can play wing and fullback if Hopoate is injured.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Half - Burton
Fullback - Crichton
Centre - Cotric
Hooker - Watson

Prop - Molo
Hooker - Starling

Watson is garbage