Opinion Still nothing from the Club........

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I guess it's more about transparency and eliminating conjecture about the details of what happened.

The only way to quell the media circus is with strong leadership and putting rumours and innuendo to rest by jumping on the story before the vultures have a field day in the media speculating on who knows what.

They need to do a better job of controlling the narrative.
They could have immediately got themselves some cred with a statement and immediately given the impression they had control of the situation.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got the email.

Dean Pay will step down from his role as Head Coach of the Bulldogs immediately after both parties agreed that it was in the best interests of the individual and the club to part ways.

The decision was reached after a meeting between Dean and the club following Saturday's loss to the Broncos.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill thanked Pay for his contribution over the past three seasons :

"These decisions are always tough, particularly when they involve someone who has been part of the Bulldogs family for a long time. The fact is though that the Club and Dean have decided that we needed to move in a different direction to take the team forward and Dean was in agreement that now was the right time for both parties to part ways.

We did not rush into this decision and have taken our time to look at what was best for the club in regard to success moving forward.

I'd like to thank Dean for his contribution over the past three years and all the hard work and passion he has given to the club.

Dean Pay expressed his thanks to the club for the opportunity to coach back at Belmore:

"I'd like to thank the Bulldogs for the opportunity to be the Head Coach at a club that has always meant so much to me."

Steve Georgallis will act as interim Head Coach until an appointment is made.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Club has emailed members, and issued a press release. I don't see the need for a press conference tbh.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I believe the playing group have been informed,decision imminent.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
9 hours? I wish! I get about 5 with my kid getting up at the crack of dawn every day.
And you still would have been able to function enough to put out a statement lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean Pay will step down from his role as Head Coach of the Bulldogs immediately after both parties agreed that it was in the best interests of the individual and the club to part ways.

The decision was reached after a meeting between Dean and the club following Saturday's loss to the Broncos.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill thanked Pay for his contribution over the past three seasons :

"These decisions are always tough, particularly when they involve someone who has been part of the Bulldogs family for a long time. The fact is though that the Club and Dean have decided that we needed to move in a different direction to take the team forward and Dean was in agreement that now was the right time for both parties to part ways.

We did not rush into this decision and have taken our time to look at what was best for the club in regard to success moving forward.

I'd like to thank Dean for his contribution over the past three years and all the hard work and passion he has given to the club.

Dean Pay expressed his thanks to the club for the opportunity to coach back at Belmore:

"I'd like to thank the Bulldogs for the opportunity to be the Head Coach at a club that has always meant so much to me."

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess it's more about transparency and eliminating conjecture about the details of what happened.

The only way to quell the media circus is with strong leadership and putting rumours and innuendo to rest by jumping on the story before the vultures have a field day in the media speculating on who knows what.

They need to do a better job of controlling the narrative.
Im not disagreeing but it’s only been 12 hours. And they have a statement out shortly so I think they are on top of it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Just got the email.

Generic fill in the spaces as required but atleast it's something. Cheers, it's real then.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it's 0923hrs Tuesday and I just looked at the Bulldogs official site and nothing at all about what is happening. As we all know the rumours on every platform possible has been going berserk since mid evening last night. Surely something as huge as the Coach possibly quitting requires a front and center early AM the next day doesn't it? These guys are shite! At the bare minimum Lynne must step down ASAP.
Dysfunctional is an understatement.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Steve James interim coach

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
In no way trying to defend the club from this tripe, but I think there are a few factors (some out of our control) that we are awaiting for guidance from the NRL on:

1. We dropped our 30 man squad to 28 in the sacking of CHN and Oks
  2. We then fast tracked Thompsons addition to our squad, taking our squad to 29. We may of also promoted a player (correct me if I am wrong) - so we currently either have 29 or 30 players under our cap - and now we have to re-register CHN and Oks (unless we choose to sack them, and risk further issues with that).
  3. The above means we need to discuss with the NRL what the best course of action is - if we are indeed at 31 players, what does that mean for us? I don't think this threatens the cap, given that Thompson, CHN and Okunbor will have their salaries at a pro-rata rate.
  4. I think their is potentially a 2 fold reasoning behind Pay's sacking; firstly, him leaving means the club can play him as the scapegoat, in the event they want those 2 boys to return to the fold. But secondly, the club did not want to back him when they were going to be in a better position.
Either way - he is officially gone. He just addressed the players and left training. Apart of me feels sorry for the bloke, but it is a results driven business. We cannot attract players at the bottom of the table, and with a coach who has largely failed to get the best out of players.
Well said. Let oka go and sign CHN. 30 players and I agree they saved Pay's scalp up to save there's.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Steve Georgallis will act as interim Head Coach until an appointment is made." De-coded means until we have signed someone that Gus and Buzz suggest is ok..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Be nice to learn something directly from the Club for once instead of those RL vultures like **** etc.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wen it’s been 12 hours. 9 of them most people slept. Fuck me dead you people are impatient
The running of a multi million dollar sports club doesnt stop for sleeping :grinning:

Those responsible for this shouldnt have got any sleep and been working into the wee small hours (with the cleaners and kitchen staff) preparing to clean up.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys we need andersons gone they’ve fucked our club Reputation and no winder we have no sponsor they’ve fucked 3 businessss financially and these ***** run our club? Can we vote them out ? Anyone here able to tell me that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.