Opinion Still nothing from the Club........

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So it's 0923hrs Tuesday and I just looked at the Bulldogs official site and nothing at all about what is happening. As we all know the rumours on every platform possible has been going berserk since mid evening last night. Surely something as huge as the Coach possibly quitting requires a front and center early AM the next day doesn't it? These guys are shite! At the bare minimum Lynne must step down ASAP.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a joke isn't it? It's been that way for over a decade now. Things like this are leaked and become common knowledge and days or sometimes weeks later the club releases a statement.

As I said in another thread, you get more information out of North Korea than you do our club.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is it the end of the world that a statement isn’t out first thing in the morning?

I’m sure they will get to it but obviously they would be informing everyone that is in the bubble etc first and making sure everything can continue on without the head coach who walked out on us yesterday afternoon.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is it the end of the world that a statement isn’t out first thing in the morning?

I’m sure they will get to it but obviously they would be informing everyone that is in the bubble etc first and making sure everything can continue on without the head coach who walked out on us yesterday afternoon.
If they haven't been war gaming this scenario for several weeks, of possible outcomes with the coaching situation, they are even more incompetent than most of us, and the reporting media, already know.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Everyone that is in the bubble would have known at the latest last night, as if they wouldn't text eachother about it. Most likely knew days ago. Is it the "end of the world"? No but it's a indication of how a club is run. The runs on the board suggest that they "may not get to it" as they are turtles, hide there head when it gets tough. Lastly although I'm a Pay fan as a player, I'm not as a Coach. Although if he has quit then he far from walked out on us with how he has been handled.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they haven't been war gaming this scenario for several weeks, of possible outcomes with the coaching situation, they are even more incompetent than most of us, and the reporting media, already know.
Im just saying you still have things to do that are more important then telling fans. Telling the players first before it’s official is a good start and that would have been done this morning.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone that is in the bubble would have known at the latest last night, as if they wouldn't text eachother about it. Most likely knew days ago. Is it the "end of the world"? No but it's a indication of how a club is run. The runs on the board suggest that they "may not get to it" as they are turtles, hide there head when it gets tough. Lastly although I'm a Pay fan as a player, I'm not as a Coach. Although if he has quit then he far from walked out on us with how he has been handled.
It might be on social media and text but wouldn’t you sit the players and bubble down this morning and officially tell them?

Before making a statement to the public

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It is totally unforgivable for a membership based sporting organisation not to have organised a press conference...let alone a press statement for concerned and worried distressed fans, members and supporters.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a statement coming soon I don't think it really changes much if it came out last night or this morning.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is totally unforgivable for a membership based sporting organisation not to have organised a press conference...let alone a press statement for concerned and worried distressed fans, members and supporters.
Wen it’s been 12 hours. 9 of them most people slept. Fuck me dead you people are impatient

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There's a statement coming soon I don't think it really changes much if it came out last night or this morning.
I would've had a better sleep tbh.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It might be on social media and text but wouldn’t you sit the players and bubble down this morning and officially tell them?

Something as momentus as this should have been in the planning stages for at least a month and certainly since the Board meeting where Pay was given 4 weeks.

The captain and then players called in yesterday afternoon/evening after training.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I guess it's more about transparency and eliminating conjecture about the details of what happened.

The only way to quell the media circus is with strong leadership and putting rumours and innuendo to rest by jumping on the story before the vultures have a field day in the media speculating on who knows what.

They need to do a better job of controlling the narrative.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
hang on, they are still looking for Dean's keys and laptop.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Perhaps so but if you were organised and professional would you not schedule a press conference at say 10am and let people know so they are aware information is coming? Tell the bubble at 9am and then front the media and fans. Passage of information. The fans are the true worth behind RL, they keep it viable otherwise it's back to the park.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I guess it's more about transparency and eliminating conjecture about the details of what happened.

The only way to quell the media circus is with strong leadership and putting rumours and innuendo to rest by jumping on the story before the vultures have a field day in the media speculating on who knows what.

They need to do a better job of controlling the narrative.
Perfectly said.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely has to be soon, team lists come out today.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In no way trying to defend the club from this tripe, but I think there are a few factors (some out of our control) that we are awaiting for guidance from the NRL on:

1. We dropped our 30 man squad to 28 in the sacking of CHN and Oks
  2. We then fast tracked Thompsons addition to our squad, taking our squad to 29. We may of also promoted a player (correct me if I am wrong) - so we currently either have 29 or 30 players under our cap - and now we have to re-register CHN and Oks (unless we choose to sack them, and risk further issues with that).
  3. The above means we need to discuss with the NRL what the best course of action is - if we are indeed at 31 players, what does that mean for us? I don't think this threatens the cap, given that Thompson, CHN and Okunbor will have their salaries at a pro-rata rate.
  4. I think their is potentially a 2 fold reasoning behind Pay's sacking; firstly, him leaving means the club can play him as the scapegoat, in the event they want those 2 boys to return to the fold. But secondly, the club did not want to back him when they were going to be in a better position.
Either way - he is officially gone. He just addressed the players and left training. Apart of me feels sorry for the bloke, but it is a results driven business. We cannot attract players at the bottom of the table, and with a coach who has largely failed to get the best out of players.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wen it’s been 12 hours. 9 of them most people slept. Fuck me dead you people are impatient
9 hours? I wish! I get about 5 with my kid getting up at the crack of dawn every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.