Dogs to give Barrett $3m cheque book as Penrith allow him to start talks over replacing Pay

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Barrett is the wrong option if indeed he is the chosen one.
I’m on the fence with barret pending his recruitment strategy and attacking structure
However he had 2 seasons at manly
One year was a success and made the finals
The other was a write off
Wasn’t this due to fighting with management and their training facilities etc?

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
The coaching at Manly takes secondary importance to Tommy Turbo's health - there in a huge difference in the win loss ratio when he is playing or not. Manly have lost every game since his last injury.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The coaching at Manly takes secondary importance to Tommy Turbo's health - there in a huge difference in the win loss ratio when he is playing or not. Manly have lost every game since his last injury.
barba carried hasler here and turbo carried hasler there

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m in for Barrett, he is the attacking assistant coach for Penrith and feel he will have a good football mind. New assistants with him. We need change this is it. I feel sorry for pay but don’t feel he isnt a first grade Coach.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d almost rather keep Pay

Ask any manly fan what they think of Barrett and one of his big issues was his favouritism...sound familiar boys? He’s the same as Pay but worse

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If it wasn't for Barrett, Hasler wouldn't have had a good squad to work with. That i know. Barrett helped build that team but Hasler came in and worked on their defence and turned them into a stronger force. Barrett is the man who attack wise changed Manly for the better.
If Barrett has full autonomy and not restrained by the Andersons etc and brings with him strong defensive coach then could be good times ahead
But the way this club is run atm, who the fuck knows whats gonna happen

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Says more how good tommy is then coach

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If reports of Barrett are true, I’m sorry to say but we’re fucked!
At least Pay has played and bled for this club. What has Barrett done? He’s an assistant F’N coach at Penrith. Was dire at Manly and they believe he’s the answer to ALL our problems. They have officially lost their minds IF they think that.
I really hope this is NOT the path they are taking.
All I’ve heard is Penrith have allowed for him to talk with us. If you’re going to get rid of a coach wouldn’t you at least think about getting a replacement before just sacking your current coach and then start looking for another. NFI!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If reports of Barrett are true, I’m sorry to say but we’re fucked!
At least Pay has played and bled for this club. What has Barrett done? He’s an assistant F’N coach at Penrith. Was dire at Manly and they believe he’s the answer to ALL or problems. They have officially lost their minds IF they think that.
I really hope this is NOT the path they are taking.
All I’ve heard is Penrith have allowed for him to talk with us. If you’re going to get rid of a coach wouldn’t you at least think about getting a replacement before just sacking your current coach and then start looking. NFI!
well I know two things.
1. Pay told them to F off.
2. They are only starting to talk to coaching prospects now.

Putting these facts together. It is my opinion that the Board told Pay he wasn't required next year, BUT they want him to keep coaching to the end of the year. Which prompted the 'fuck off' message with the underlying thought of you cannot be serious'

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
well I know two things.
1. Pay told them to F off.
2. They are only starting to talk to coaching prospects now.

Putting these facts together. It is my opinion that the Board told Pay he wasn't required next year, BUT they want him to keep coaching to the end of the year. Which prompted the 'fuck off' message with the underlying thought of you cannot be serious'
Fuck Pay he’s shit. Overpaid coach that’s for sure

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's copped a raw deal and been used. He didn't deserve it.
Man there are some people who are happy with his overachieving for the club. The board gave him an extra season to get his shit together and the bloke failed miserably. He’s walked out of this club before and he’s done it again yesterday. He’s no good at what he was employed to do. Fuck him

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett did get to the finals. So he wasn't that bad.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Followed by Darryl Clark and Alex Walmsley. We need a whole new front row. Thompson Clark Walmsley. Spine on 1.? 6.avo 7.Burton 9.clark.
His first signing should be burton