Official Dean Pay quits

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All in all I dont want to bag Dean Pay out.. Hes a rookie coach & he gave it his best shot..

Sure he made mistakes but i blame the club for not giving him better support in all ways..

He was a Bulldog I loved watching as a kid and I still respect him for all he achieved as a player at our club and that he tried his best as a rookie coach..

Sad it didnt work out.. All the best to you Dean..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
#ByeByePay
#PayHasGone
#PayDayOver

#PaysPets??
#HorseS***
#Ratboy
#Anyone ..???..!!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dean will get a job elsewhere pretty quick. He's obviously a good defensive coach and you cant deny he gets the players up for the game... albeit talentless players.

Thanks Dean for your service and good luck to you.
Because Parra and the Raiders really thrived under his coaching :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I refuse to celebrate or kick the bloke while he's down. He did his best but it wasn't good enough nor did he have the resources to do so. I wish him all the best in the future.

I'm worried about our next move and I don't trust the guy's in charge. Time will tell.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We will be a much better chance of signing some real talent with dean out of the picture

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Barrett gets the gig, the only way it will work is if he’s got some really good coaching staff around him.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watching very closely to see how the board handle this. So far this has been extremely poor.

Why would anyone want to coach our team, given how poorly the current/outgoing coach has been treated.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching very closely to see how the board handle this. So far this has been extremely poor.

Why would anyone want to coach our team, given how poorly the current/outgoing coach has been treated.
Time for change, new is always good, fresh start. Better success, things will turn rather quick and we will see a big improvement very quickly.!!! And the new people have a chance to make this club great again .. I say it’s a big attraction now.. the shit decks have been cleaned a little.!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I think knowing they have $3m to spend would be enough to entice them

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we to believe that the club has only now started to send out feelers about a new coach? We've only contacted Penrith and Barrett today? Nah. If you ask me we've already got someone lined up and I don't think it's Barret.
I hope you are right here!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of our signings have been kept really quiet so I’m curious to see who we appoint as coach and see if the media had a clue or not
Tolman - captain/coach.

But, seriously, it's never easy to walk away from a job that you've given your all, and not achieved what you hoped. There is a heaviness in your heart.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit of an impulse buy. Trent Barrett is the most random coach to take over pay imo.

But far out something has to change at the club. The club is going backwards. Something is not right. Players are not developing and dean hasn’t managed to buy anyone. Just announce some news already. The club needs to head in a new direction. The dean experiment is over
I don’t find it random although I’m not a huge fan he is an attack minded coach something we desperately need help with and has connections with players potentially coming here

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope the whole coaching and conditioning staff are cleaned out too. We really need a fresh start with pretty much everything to be a circuit breaker. Anything left over from Pay and Des has to go.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the whole coaching and conditioning staff are cleaned out too. We really need a fresh start with pretty much everything to be a circuit breaker. Anything left other from Pay and Des has to go.
Agreed at times looks like we’re playing a different sport compared to the top sides, players don’t have the same physiques or athleticism and the play style is worlds apart scrap everything start fresh