Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And sort the fucking new coach out.
This could be the start of thing that changes things for the doggies.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The media release said that the players contracts have been reinstated. It's fair to assume then that those contracts are with the Bulldogs.
In our current shit state, both players improve the playing group to differing extents.
CHN provides some experience and an attacking threat on the edge and allows Jackson to move into the middle. JO has some potential as a first grade winger though he's far from a finished product he's an improvement on what we have. It'd be good to have a big body to get the sets started if he progresses.
Both players haven't played since the trials and would need a few weeks of training in particular getting some k's in their legs and contact work. If they've kept in good condition it could be 3 to 4 weeks before they're ready to play.
Coming back to the contracts, I presume that as contracted Bulldogs players it would be up to the club to release them should they not want to come back. Seeing as though we brought Thompson over early there may be some salary cap issues for this year to work thru if the club used CHN and JO cash to get Thompson early. We haven't signed anyone for 2021 / 22 so their existing contracts for those years shouldn't be an issue.
All that aside, I'd be happy to see them back in a Bulldogs jersey, they've paid for their mistakes and they owe us some good performances.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
True, but circumstances all lead to where we were. Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda is our Club Management Motto :-)

Hindsight is great I admit, but I reckon most clubs in our position would have been a bit reluctant to offer support (apart from any Mental Issues assistance - counselors etc) based on what was happening/happened at the time - hopefully CHN will see that to some extent.

I still think there will be some simmering resentment on both sides. Hopefully both can move forward for the betterment of the club.
IF they come back, IF they are invited back... it will depend on how their team mates feel about them.

Judging by most footy players, they'll have a celebratory BBQ and a few beers.

Hope we can all move on.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Without reading the 13 pages I reckon both blokes would have the option to take up contracts elsewhere. Afterall we let them go after they were de-registered. The club should have just left it at de-registered from the NRL. To me all contracts would be voided.

I bet Corey goes to another club on more money & Oka will return to us. We will cop it yet again!

At the end of the day we are in such bad shape that I don't think it really matters either way. CHN is good but we have way bigger issues, this is just a distraction from the real stuff.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The buffoons are Hill, Price & the Board. The diatribe they pushed with “more to it than has been made public”. Let’s hear the Hill & Lynne hymn on this one. The Board has the review on Port Macquarie & both players vindicated with their appeals, Price needs to be shown the door.....and hold it open for the clown prince Hill to quickly follow.
An absolute circus!!!
This is where the rebuild needs to start
Im sure you’d be stoked if a couple of your employees cost you major sponsorship dollars through sheer selfishness and stupidity.

I’m sure you’d be stoked if said actions also adversely impacted the performance of a team of colleagues that were on the cusp of a new project they’d been working towards for months.

I’m sure you’d also choose not to self-report if you had the chance to before it inevitably did the rounds on social media before inevitably hitting the headlines.

I’m sorry that you feel Price should’ve been baby sitting grown men around the clock, who knew full well what’s right and wrong conduct.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The board need to fkn come out and sort this shit tomorrow

Okunbor and CHN

Coach

What the fk do they actually do?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im sure you’d be stoked if a couple of your employees cost you major sponsorship dollars through sheer selfishness and stupidity.

I’m sure you’d be stoked if said actions also adversely impacted the performance of a team of colleagues that were on the cusp of a new project they’d been working towards for months.

I’m sure you’d also choose not to self-report if you had the chance to before it inevitably did the rounds on social media before inevitably hitting the headlines.

I’m sorry that you feel Price should’ve been baby sitting grown men around the clock, who knew full well what’s right and wrong conduct.
Agree with this

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They did.

When the NRL de registered them their contracts became null and void. Just because it wasn't in the Telegraph doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The amount of selective reporting around this matter has been disgusting.
No they didnt they sacked them before the nrl did and no one reads that rag!

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry didn’t agree with horse. Something went wrong with my reply.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dinkum had said the whole story hasn't come out so that's Round 3 I guess. Unless he now reveals all.
What garbage are you talking now Wendy?
Who said I was in a position to 'reveal all'?
I'm aware of one part of the process that wasn't made public that's why I said that - and that was part of the investigation, not part of the incident.
I've never made any such claim to know or be able to reveal the whole story, so as usual you're posting word vomit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The board need to fkn come out and sort this shit tomorrow

Okunbor and CHN

Coach

What the fk do they actually do?
They like to keep the club in the headlines. The theory is any publicity is good publicity.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a tough decision to make on these players. If we were in the top 4 would we want them back?? Both of these players let the club down and the fans. But look at us at the bottom of the table getting excited about Tim Lafai coming back and then wanting CHN and Okonbur, we have become desperate. So In a way we need some troops and we have to move on. I do believe in second chances so lets try and get a decent 17 together and try and lift in the last rounds. We as fans need something to get excited about and to enjoy our footy again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What garbage are you talking now Wendy?
Who said I was in a position to 'reveal all'?
I'm aware of one part of the process that wasn't made public that's why I said that - and that was part of the investigation, not part of the incident.
I've never made any such claim to know or be able to reveal the whole story, so as usual you're posting word vomit.
Oh sorry Dink. I thought you said there was more that hadnt been revealed.

I assumed you knew what it was.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bring the boys back. We desperately need them and a lot more

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a tough decision to make on these players. If we were in the top 4 would we want them back?? Both of these players let the club down and the fans. But look at us at the bottom of the table getting excited about Tim Lafai coming back and then wanting CHN and Okonbur, we have become desperate. So In a way we need some troops and we have to move on. I do believe in second chances so lets try and get a decent 17 together and try and lift in the last rounds. We as fans need something to get excited about and to enjoy our footy again.
Who's excited about Lafai?
I've seen almost unanimous frustration with the rumour.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Apparently CHN is pissed off at the club and may ask for an immediate release, to be honest that fucks me off. He gave the club no choice he fucked up even though it was not illegal its very clear its a bad image for the Club a club that has fought to clean up its image for years.
Not only that he cost us a 2 million dollar sponsorship and still has the hide to act like the victim.
If I did all that to my boss and he was still willing to take me back i would knuckle in head down bum up and rip in for the fans and the team mates i let down.
Thats just me though. I really hope if he comes back its because he genuinely wants to play for the club. We need his talent.