Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brent Read tweeted this

“Bulldogs have 3 options - they can bring them back in, they can sack them and potentially face legal action, or they can let them go elsewhere. Corey has lots of clubs interested and apparently Jayden has a couple. Gut feeling is they will choose option 3”

https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/1282561563396718592?s=21

Taking the moral high ground on this is so dumb now they have served their punishment and we aren’t going to recruit anyone like CHN at the minute. I guess it depends on how CHN and Okonbur feel about coming back too but the Dogs should be doing everything they can to keep them.
If the current board want any chance of staying on they will have to get him back. No other way around it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
With Thompson coming early I doubt we can fit them in the salary cap (especially both of them). Lets see how this pans out tho.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Would you want to come back to the club that turned its back on you?

There's every chance there's been communication made to the players behind closed doors from the club, but from the outside looking in they left them hanging.
That's part of what is yet to be clarified.

What a crazy situation this has been.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
So this is why Bateman didn't come. I think our back row is fine now. Priority for 2021 now goes like this: fullback, centre, front-rower, half.

This should be the team:
  1. Hoppa (Injured) - Meany
  2. Meany - Smith
  3. Averillo
  4. Dwz
  5. Okunbour
  6. Foran
  7. Wakeham
  8. Tolman
  9. JMK
  10. Thompson
  11. Jackson
  12. CHN
  13. Elliott (Injured) - Toomonga
  14. Katoa
  15. Toomonga - C Smith
  16. RFM
  17. Ogden

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
CHN is cheering, got a sick root, nice holiday and now he joins the reigning Premiers :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The owe us cost us a sponsorship still shity the club didn't go into bat for them ox fucked up pretty stupid on his part chn broke no laws but team rules are just that by and large I'd welcome them both back like I said they owe us

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is great news. CHN is a no brainer but I would honestly contemplate Okunbur given he showed flashes last season of being a really good winger.

Now what's going to be interesting is whether the club has had an active dialogue with these guys since they were stood down. You would think that would be an absolute no brainer regardless of what your opinion was of the punishment. But if we distanced ourselves and the players feel like they were hung out to dry by the club then that's inexcusable.
If Okunbur fixes his defensive issues and say we sign S.Crichton (pending good halves of course) that would be a very awkward CTW pairing for opposition defences to handle. I don't like what he did at all, but we must now accept the decision.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they where always meant to be eligible to come back to us, then who knew about it?
I didn't read this anywhere before. Maybe I missed it but the club might have been best served and obligated to give the fans clarity from the start.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
With Thompson coming early I doubt we can fit them in the salary cap (especially both of them). Lets see how this pans out tho.
Well we should just cheat the cap wtf are they gunna do take points off us haha. Parra cheated and they hand picked who they could punt, cya Napa lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it was me I wouldn’t want anything to do with the club including liking their posts... each to their own I guess
Just have to wait and see what happens. The Dogs statement doesn't really fill me with much confidence.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
CHN is cheering, got a sick root, nice holiday and now he joins the reigning Premiers :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Imagine if he joins the roosters any slither of integrity the game has will be gone.

Lakas

Waterboy
Reaction score
However, the club released a statement on Monday indicating the club would consider its contractual position with reports the club would be open to having Harawira-Naera return as soon as he has completed his 14-days of self isolation before entering the club’s biosecurity bubble.

Several NRL clubs were originally reported to have been interested in recruiting Corey Harawira-Naera.Source:Getty Images

“The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have this afternoon been advised by the NRL of the appeal process result for Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor,” the Canterbury statement claimed.

“We are now working with the NRL to determine how this process will be implemented and will await further advice from the NRL on the next stage.

“We will release a further update when we have more information.”

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you want to come back to the club that turned its back on you?

There's every chance there's been communication made to the players behind closed doors from the club, but from the outside looking in they left them hanging.
What about the fact these two f##ked us over with the Rashays main sponsorship?
The club had to look after itself, first and foremost.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Huge fucking news. I don’t know how some of you think that the way it played wasn’t the way it was always going to play out. At the time, this was huge fucking news, of course the club has to sack them, otherwise we’ll be labelled as “Double Rapists” by every **** on earth. Now that water has flowed for a bit, the numbness of the past 5 months makes it easier to welcome them back. I for one still think they’re fucking idiots, but now it’s time to make amends from their perspective.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. There’s our Top 30 sorted then and likely puts rest to the rumours about Lafai. Interesting also that the NRL, even post Greenberg felt it necessary to say they’re ‘disappointed’ but ‘accept’ the appeal decision. Will await a statement from the Bulldogs for clarity.
It will be interesting to see Hill’s comments on this based on how strongly he backed the NRL’s original sacking decision.
He really needs to be moved on, the biggest liability in the Organisation..