Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Season is a joke but do not want that wooden spoon that's the lowest of lows so hopefully these 2 boys come back firing and help get us off the bottom of the ladder

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is a more Measured and balanced punishment, however, still needs o be clarified whether it from now or backdated like I assume.

If it's from now, it doesn't make a lot of sense regarding CHN as it would mean he's available for 4 games only.

also what does that mean in terms of salary cap? What if we spent the money already in Thompson?

And if we had it held back, that's also unfair to us as it means we lost two players and weren't allowed to replace them.
Nasheed your writing style has changed, far more eloquent and less passive aggressive. Let's hope CHN is pack on the field soon. I am guessing they have not been allowed to train with the team.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How exactly is this the clubs fault when the NRL deregistered the players? I really want to know what people like you think the club could have even done in this situation. They had no power here.
I think this has gone over a lot of people’s heads and even still people are blaming the club. I’m stunned

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Board may as well tie the noose and wave bye if they don’t do everything in their measure to retain CHN ..

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is great news. CHN is a no brainer but I would honestly contemplate Okunbur given he showed flashes last season of being a really good winger.

Now what's going to be interesting is whether the club has had an active dialogue with these guys since they were stood down. You would think that would be an absolute no brainer regardless of what your opinion was of the punishment. But if we distanced ourselves and the players feel like they were hung out to dry by the club then that's inexcusable.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Shop Okunbor around. I personally can't stand his "passive/calm attitude/mind" (I don't how to explain it, that's the best I can do). I think it holds him back. CHN I'd take back as long as Elliott isn't a casualty.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brent Read tweeted this

“Bulldogs have 3 options - they can bring them back in, they can sack them and potentially face legal action, or they can let them go elsewhere. Corey has lots of clubs interested and apparently Jayden has a couple. Gut feeling is they will choose option 3”

https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/1282561563396718592?s=21

Taking the moral high ground on this is so dumb now they have served their punishment and we aren’t going to recruit anyone like CHN at the minute. I guess it depends on how CHN and Okonbur feel about coming back too but the Dogs should be doing everything they can to keep them.
Why would we choose to let them go with the situation we are in?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I just have a gut feeling there is a sting in the tail coming with this and they won't be playing for the Dogs.
Agree. I have thought Tigers or Raiders for CHN since he was deregistered. Praying he stays with us will be gutted if he moves elsewhere, I'd even up his contract whatever it was just to cover the fines and then some.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brent Read tweeted this

“Bulldogs have 3 options - they can bring them back in, they can sack them and potentially face legal action, or they can let them go elsewhere. Corey has lots of clubs interested and apparently Jayden has a couple. Gut feeling is they will choose option 3”

https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/1282561563396718592?s=21

Taking the moral high ground on this is so dumb now they have served their punishment and we aren’t going to recruit anyone like CHN at the minute. I guess it depends on how CHN and Okonbur feel about coming back too but the Dogs should be doing everything they can to keep them.
Yep they have served the punishment that should be it as far as the club is concerned.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Step 1 - Go to the players who have been doing the right thing and chat with them, they are the ones who need to decide to welcome these two back. If they say yes, that is enough, get on with it.
Step 2 - Have the players create their own code of conduct, as a team, which has defined punishments for defined misdemeanors, which all the players agree to.

This whole thing has been a mess, but the mess started with the two players. They have a lot of work ahead of them if they are going to win back trust, most importantly the trust of their own families. They can go a long way to doing that by fronting up to the team and apologising (I'm assuming they haven't already done this, hopefully they would have).

Reactions: ATT

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Keeping it in house doesn't work when one of the girls is putting stuff on social media.
Ignore it. Play it down.
You'll be surprised what goes away if you I don't bring attention to it.

Dramatising something inflates it into an issue. Even positive 'steps' helps turn it into a circus.

This was advice given to me by some pretty colourful characters in the hood growing up and it works more often than not. I notice Trumps some this successfully too in politics.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well since they had been deregistered and sacked by the club , the players would be stupid not to look around and see if they get more $ elsewhere or even a club that may fight for premiership as I don’t think they can hold them to that contract since they were sacked (yes they are entitled to any monies or contract and be reinstated if they wish too )

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. There’s our Top 30 sorted then and likely puts rest to the rumours about Lafai. Interesting also that the NRL, even post Greenberg felt it necessary to say they’re ‘disappointed’ but ‘accept’ the appeal decision. Will await a statement from the Bulldogs for clarity.
Since when has this current board issued a statement "...with clarity?"

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope it’s not another 10-14 games. Was a horrendous decision to begin with. How can you deregister 2 players without issuing a suspension or fine.

Shows how short sighted and amateur the powers that be are.