News Hooper: D-Day looms for Pay as Dogs to decide coach’s fate in next 48 hours

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I thought you had a better sense of humour than that. Some of the errors from Tolman, Dallin etc were comedic gold!
Haha. It was bordering on ridiculous with some of those errors. I’ve got a great sense of humour but just don’t take sooks very well. I avoided logging on until the tears died down here haha

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your club can't allow sentimentality to rule this decision, you already have two favourite sons with Bulldogs DNA in the coaching box and it's clearly not working. Just like it wasn't working for us and a favourite son in Fittler, he was a disaster so he had to go.

If you want further proof that Pay and his dog DNA is not working, just look at your first up contact in defence, it is woeful. Your defence tactic is to get two players to stop/hold up the player while a third wraps up the legs and that way you can lower them to the ground slowly allowing your line to get set. Problem is, your first up contact is so bad that the two players can't stop forward movement, therefore the third guy is diving at the legs to try and grab them and all three are wasting energy trying to get one player on the ground. Just look at TPJ numbers after 16 mins - 50 run meters and 30 post contact meters. At one stage I think Brisbane had over 200 post contact meters and your guys had 40? Hate to say it but that is soft and it's a damning indictment on Pay's coaching.
Excellent impartial view. I think Haas had 80+ metres gained after the first 10 mins or so too. Granted they had more ball early on but you are spot on

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No; because I didn't bother to watch it.

Anyone notice that Des, without a team of stars, got the same result with Manly that he used to get with the Dogs?
Maybe if Dean had a side like Manly at full strength, he might have achieved better results for the Dogs?
Just wondering.
everyone is comparing barrets coaching record at manly to des. They keep leaving out the most obvious part. There win rate with and without turbo tom. But both coaches still have more of an idea than dean unfortunately.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha. It was bordering on ridiculous with some of those errors. I’ve got a great sense of humour but just don’t take sooks very well. I avoided logging on until the tears died down here haha
I get that and that's fair enough. To each their own.. For me after another loss this place is an outlet to vent and is therapeutic at times because your missus, friends or kids or whoever think we're all crazy and are sick of hearing us get worked up by or complain about the same problems with the Dogs for years on end. At least on here we're amongst fellow Bulldogs survivors. Haha.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I get that and that's fair enough. To each their own.. For me after another loss this place is an outlet to vent and is therapeutic at times because your missus, friends or kids or whoever think we're all crazy and are sick of hearing us get worked up by or complain about the same problems with the Dogs for years on end. At least on here we're amongst fellow Bulldogs survivors. Haha.
^^^^^^
Years on end....that's the craziest part.

Problems are never adequately addressed.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The chemistry between Pay and Georgalis in the coaching box looks frosty to say the least.

they look like an advert for anger management and self harm
If Pay does go I hope they dont miss and also send that club footy flake Georgalis packing with him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Pay does go I hope they dont miss and also send that club footy flake Georgalis packing with him.
Georgallis is a LEGENDARY coach.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be clear on this
Any reasonable supporter can't and shouldn't blame Pay for the cap the roster or the dirty politics of our club.
But how would you judge him based on these incidents as a coach ?
In his first weeks he had a fallout with Klemmer and woods, right or wrong he could have handled the situation better,
We all know the results.
We all supported the idea when Foran was first injured as a Bulldog, he pushed and pushed to immediately medically retire him
How do you think Foran feelt ?
Most importantly he keeps on selecting players in the wrong positions
How do we explain it ?
I emphatically believe in the loyalty to the one of our own.
But don't you agree it's time for the club to come first ?
The people that got it wrong before suffered the consequences !
The people who are getting wrong now should suffer the same consequences !
Enough is enough !!!
I admire your loyalty to our club, but don’t let loyalty interfere with common sense,the Foran thing was not pays doing,it came from the board and our CEO,and in Klemmers case he wanted more money to stay ,and club let him go when the knights offered him 900k a season,as for woods and the rest it was all the board and CEO,not a pay fan but he can’t be blamed for that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I have no doubt you find him attractive, not my cup of tea though you will see better heads at a urinal. I do however find it ironic and amusing that a few of the blokes who ran a systematic campaign of bullying and abuse over the last two years on anyone that didn’t share their POV on pay and the board are now bleating (maybe DD could do a video) that they are the victims.better harden the fuck up because the REAL fans aren’t going anywhere.
I have a video in the can! The problem is the script keeps changing! I'll get it out at some point, just wanna make sure it's Oscar worthy first :-).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Any silverware is always cherished and I hope he enjoys that win cause its as close to 1st grade coach as he will ever get. But, your right I suppose he is as good as Trent Barrett, lets call it a dead heat.