News Hooper: D-Day looms for Pay as Dogs to decide coach’s fate in next 48 hours

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting rid of Pay now would do more damage to the team than by keeping him.

I hope the club stick by him in the short term and let him see out his contract for this year at least. I would even offer him a one year extension in the knowledge we are NOW cashed up to buy some high profile players in the next 6 months.

Some have short memories in that we put a string of wins together late in the comp over the last 2 seasons when we got players back from injury and blooded a few Canterbury Cup players like Lewis and Toomaga.

maybe it’s time to bring Lewis back to the bench at least. He’s kicking game can be frustrating at times as I’d like him to take the line on more than he does but he IS a very good defender.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol you are too fucking stupid to understand that the real fans comment was dig at you and your mates,Priceless.
Obviously your not the brains of the outfit lol Have a good day champ.
PS I did say YOU will see better heads at a urinal lol
you fucking lurker lol
Dreary me. Realise that was a dig at me though not sure which of my 'mates' you're talking about. But it's OK though. Get that you need to have a go at the same people. Again. And again. It's all good.

What's all of this 'lol' stuff you use? I realise that I'm old, but I thought that was only what teenagers of the 00s used? I mean. It's pretty clear you're a teen considering the way you speak but still ...

As for the lurker stuff. Oh, don't deny that. Love a good lurking me.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone else end up with an angry headache during that broncos game?
I don't get too upset watching the game anymore as I'm so numb to these displays and expect to lose every game we play now.

I find it laughable at this point and instead of getting too worked up I just now shake my head and laugh at the repeated basic errors and sideshow that we have become.

I mean all you can do is laugh at this point really.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone else end up with an angry headache during that broncos game?
No; because I didn't bother to watch it.

Anyone notice that Des, without a team of stars, got the same result with Manly that he used to get with the Dogs?
Maybe if Dean had a side like Manly at full strength, he might have achieved better results for the Dogs?
Just wondering.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
No; because I didn't bother to watch it.

Anyone notice that Des, without a team of stars, got the same result with Manly that he used to get with the Dogs?
Maybe if Dean had a side like Manly at full strength, he might have achieved better results for the Dogs?
Just wondering.
Seems if you take out Turbo then they are pretty ordinary.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems if you take out Turbo then they are pretty ordinary.
And the coach is pretty ordinary as well. Something we should consider when we think a new coach will be our solution.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I hope the club stick by him in the short term and let him see out his contract for this year at least. I would even offer him a one year extension in the knowledge we are NOW cashed up to buy some high profile players in the next 6 months.

Some have short memories in that we put a string of wins together late in the comp over the last 2 seasons when we got players back from injury and blooded a few Canterbury Cup players like Lewis and Toomaga.

maybe it’s time to bring Lewis back to the bench at least. He’s kicking game can be frustrating at times as I’d like him to take the line on more than he does but he IS a very good defender.
Youre joking right? Our club is the lowest its ever been he is doing more damage every day hes here and thats not even talking about making our club totally unattractive for new recruits

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't get too upset watching the game anymore as I'm so numb to these displays and expect to lose every game we play now.

I find it laughable at this point and instead of getting too worked up I just now shake my head and laugh at the repeated basic errors and sideshow that we have become.

I mean all you can do is laugh at this point really.
Same I used to lose my shit which my wife and neighbours always thought was quite funny
Now I find myself just muttering "useless fucking *****" after every thing we do

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your club can't allow sentimentality to rule this decision, you already have two favourite sons with Bulldogs DNA in the coaching box and it's clearly not working. Just like it wasn't working for us and a favourite son in Fittler, he was a disaster so he had to go.

If you want further proof that Pay and his dog DNA is not working, just look at your first up contact in defence, it is woeful. Your defence tactic is to get two players to stop/hold up the player while a third wraps up the legs and that way you can lower them to the ground slowly allowing your line to get set. Problem is, your first up contact is so bad that the two players can't stop forward movement, therefore the third guy is diving at the legs to try and grab them and all three are wasting energy trying to get one player on the ground. Just look at TPJ numbers after 16 mins - 50 run meters and 30 post contact meters. At one stage I think Brisbane had over 200 post contact meters and your guys had 40? Hate to say it but that is soft and it's a damning indictment on Pay's coaching.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much this. Hes made mistake after mistake and rewards mediocrity, how else do we justify tolman and napa not being dropped from the starting line up or smith always being picked as centre.
Spot on there,tolman was offered to I recall at least2 clubs,at a discounted rate,and still no takers, 3/3/2018,use by date has expired.so has pay.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's be clear on this
Any reasonable supporter can't and shouldn't blame Pay for the cap the roster or the dirty politics of our club.
But how would you judge him based on these incidents as a coach ?
In his first weeks he had a fallout with Klemmer and woods, right or wrong he could have handled the situation better,
We all know the results.
We all supported the idea when Foran was first injured as a Bulldog, he pushed and pushed to immediately medically retire him
How do you think Foran feelt ?
Most importantly he keeps on selecting players in the wrong positions
How do we explain it ?
I emphatically believe in the loyalty to the one of our own.
But don't you agree it's time for the club to come first ?
The people that got it wrong before suffered the consequences !
The people who are getting wrong now should suffer the same consequences !
Enough is enough !!!

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The chemistry between Pay and Georgalis in the coaching box looks frosty to say the least.

they look like an advert for anger management and self harm

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
15th with a competitive roster. There's no reason to want Barrett over Pay. Pay finishing 12th last year with our roster is better than anything Barrett has ever done.
i agree fucken Barret is woeful weve lost our best edge player ,hoppa our form player of this year Elliot and our five eight didnt play for 9 months and all of a sudden Barrett is going to do wonders, fucken hell you c..ts are dillusional