Combined Napa and Zelezniak value plus!

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I guess we’ll get the usual media agenda driven BS all week again -

* good guy Pay club legend (bailed when we needed him in 96’ mind you) deserves a chance with the team he wants.
* Bulldogs will have to pay overs to get anyone.
* player X shouldn’t go to the Bulldogs for more money “overs” because he will never win a comp or progress...

It’s so comical it’s a f’n joke. All this and our dribbling board have delivered us nothing! Out of respect for one of the 3 greatest administrators ever Bullfrog, We shouldn’t be mean spirited in bagging Lynne, however, that said, she must walk now and take her people with her.

For the point of this topic though, and to my first point re Pay’s lack of quality players, how much is the combined value of Napa and DWZ worth? Serious question. Is it about 1.1? 1.2 per year out of our cap? Both were happily let go from their clubs. One is a forward who is bigger than every other guy on the field and plays like a slow, lumbering plodder. He’s lost any balls and aggression he had, and really, that’s all he ever had to start. I think he once took on the Burgess brothers 20 years ago or something ffs... useless. Everyone could see at the time he was a desperation buy for Mrs Klemmer’s flog.

Then there is the outside back with THE worst hands in the comp outside of Oates (who, mind you, we have also chased ffs). It’s not a surprise, he had the same hands at Penrith. They certainly didn’t mind him leaving.

So Pay has spent a good amount of coin on these 2, then throw in Stimson (ok jury still out as he was injured early, but certainly never looked match fit), Cogger, Britt, Crichton and Meaney (getting better and one of our better options in the backs at the moment, but not a 1st grader in a good team).

These decisions alone with his recruiting must prove to all and sundry (yes, YOU ragmag Journos who read our site) that he can NOT be trusted to build a team and must be shown the door. Forget that the team he has has gone backwards, forget his team selections, just focus on HIS recruiting and THAT is enough to move him on.

Our club is on its last legs, ENOUGH ffs!

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Blah blah blah. We are shit and we know it.
We are just a few good players away from being competitive. Problem is we cant nail them and the losing culture has set in.

We are in a big hole that the only way out is a decent topline coach and shit load of cash. Problem is cant snag the coach.

Andersons are on there last legs surely. Thry need to pull something out of there arse. If they dont more shit results more instability then a new board and the whole cycle starts again. Which means even more losing poor culture and the same 3 yrs of shit.

The club is in a major pickle no sponsor shit results and poorly markable product. Long road from here unless thet pull a rabbit out of there ranga arse

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck this.!!

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score

* good guy Pay club legend (bailed when we needed him in 96’ mind you) deserves a chance with the team he wants.
* player X shouldn’t go to the Bulldogs for more money “overs” because he will never win a comp or progress...

It’s so comical it’s a f’n joke. All this and our dribbling board have delivered us nothing! Out of respect for one of the 3 greatest administrators ever Bullfrog, We shouldn’t be mean spirited in bagging Lynne, however, that said, she must walk now and take her people with her.

For the point of this topic though, and to my first point re Pay’s lack of quality players, how much is the combined value of Napa and DWZ worth? Serious question. Is it about 1.1? 1.2 per year out of our cap? Both were happily let go from their clubs. One is a forward who is bigger than every other guy on the field and plays like a slow, lumbering plodder. He’s lost any balls and aggression he had, and really, that’s all he ever had to start. I think he once took on the Burgess brothers 20 years ago or something ffs... useless. Everyone could see at the time he was a desperation buy for Mrs Klemmer’s flog.

Then there is the outside back with THE worst hands in the comp outside of Oates (who, mind you, we have also chased ffs). It’s not a surprise, he had the same hands at Penrith. They certainly didn’t mind him leaving.

So Pay has spent a good amount of coin on these 2, then throw in Stimson (ok jury still out as he was injured early, but certainly never looked match fit), Cogger, Britt, Crichton and Meaney (getting better and one of our better options in the backs at the moment, but not a 1st grader in a good team).

These decisions alone with his recruiting must prove to all and sundry (yes, YOU ragmag Journos who read our site) that he can NOT be trusted to build a team and must be shown the door. Forget that the team he has has gone backwards, forget his team selections, just focus on HIS recruiting and THAT is enough to move him on.

It’s not the players it’s the coach. Dean pay hasn’t got balls to rip into his players, instead he praises them every week. Trent Barrett is the man. He will get the back line right and the halves right l. The forwards we have are doing well, but there backline are fucking things up.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great post mate. Well said
Napa is a dud, not worth $300K.
DWZ has potential on the wing but the errors just kill him. There are players that get those errors out of their games so maybe it will happen. Didn't the storm used to practice catching soapy balls to improve their skills - maybe we should try that.
It's always a worry signing players that other clubs are happy to get rid of. You want to sign players that clubs DON'T want to lose - like Cotric.
Cogger, Meany, DWZ, Napa, Chrticton and Britt are all players their clubs were happy to let go. I think the Storm wanted to keep Stimson so that's a different story.
If Barrett does become the coach hopefully he can bring players the Panthers don't want to lose as that's what we need
All the noises coming from the media is that Pay is gone so hopefully we'll have the news in the next couple of days

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s not them. It’s the coach. There playing out of position. We need a new coach that’s all. 4 major signings

Full back (dufty)
Centre. (Cotric)
Hooker (grant)
Winger. (JAC) or Alex Johnston

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
It’s not them. It’s the coach. There playing out of position. We need a new coach that’s all. 4 major signings

Full back (dufty)
Centre. (Cotric)
Hooker (grant)
Winger. (JAC) or Alex Johnston
Funny how shit this team is and how much we lack but everyone wants to sign fucking wingers and a 500k winger at that.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Whilst I agree with the majority of your post mate, particularly the Napa analysis, just woeful, you do realise it’s not Pay necessarily making signings? It’s a recruitment/retention team and I’d be surprised how much air-time (if any) Pay gets in regards to this....

My understanding is back then (maybe less now) CA was absolutely pulling the recruitment leavers..

This is not a defence of Pay btw, just my 2 cents on recruitment, I think CA has to be critiqued here also.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not the players it’s the coach. Dean pay hasn’t got balls to rip into his players, instead he praises them every week. Trent Barrett is the man. He will get the back line right and the halves right l. The forwards we have are doing well, but there backline are fucking things up.
What fucking games are you watching?
Nappa, Tolman, Jackson have been awful and forwards in general have looked totally unfit.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd happily let go of a majority of our team.....I'm sick of backing over payed plodders that seriously would never see first grade in other teams. These ***** only seem to play to their potential during contract years.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Napa tolman and Jackson doing well??

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The third point is true though. Why the fuck would anyone sign on with a club whose board abandons its players and with a coach who doesnt know which position his players belong in. Its musical chairs every week.

Fuck that. I know I wouldn't sign a contract with the dogs if I was a player.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
'Rome wasnt build in a day' - Lynne Anderson
Supposedly it wasn't built in 1000 days either.

Fuck building Rome, how about building Genoa or something instead?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What fucking games are you watching?
Nappa, Tolman, Jackson have been awful and forwards in general have looked totally unfit.
all 3 have been fucking putrid and should be ashamed of their efforts.

Tolman - he can't be extended. If I was Aiden I'd be asking for an immediate release and try get a run with the Raiders for the rest of the season given their forward injuries...then bail to the SL for one last deal.

Napa - absolute cat who has poor mobility and leg drive, need him gone before his contract expires or at least sign his replacement 8 months in advance (Spencer Leniu 2022 please)

Jackson - needs to be lock and has to have minutes drastically reduced, no more than 50 imo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Tolman - he can't be extended. If I was Aiden I'd be asking for an immediate release and try get a run with the Raiders for the rest of the season given their forward injuries...then bail to the SL for one last deal.

Napa - absolute cat who has poor mobility and leg drive, need him gone before his contract expires or at least sign his replacement 8 months in advance (Spencer Leniu 2022 please)

Jackson - needs to be lock and has to have minutes drastically reduced, no more than 50 imo.
I've been saying for ages they should try and shop Tolman for a player swap this season.

Stuart would take him in a heartbeat with all of their injuries in the forwards. But no, let's keep him for the last 11 games and have him stink up the joint instead and let him go next season without getting anything in return.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Give Napa the Eastwood treatment