News Sunday Footy Show

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
She has well and truly backed herself into a corner. I can't see how she can save herself now.
I think that Lynn is saving Pay's scalp up until the last moment to save her own.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We are in such a hole as a result of decisions over the past 3 years. The cap excuse is such a cop out. Had a great team in 18 no matter how you twist it. Now look at our squad

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If Pay gets the sack, i was told last year when there was speculation that Chris Anderson will step in as care taker coach. Wonder how true that is?
Haha....I will piss myself laughing if that happens. Ben Anderson as a new assistant coach?

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be happy for him to stay on as an assistant coach, I now think we need someone with a better football brain than Pay to be head coach. He's been given an atrocious squad to work with, losing CHN, Elliot and Hopoate has done him no favours either. Unfortunately I just don't think we'll attract the players we need while he's coach. The board needs to make a call soon so everyone can move forward.
Fk him off all together. Pretty simple.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We better not be talking about Pay next week still being at the Bulldogs
Does it really matter? He's just looking more like fool every time the team gets beat with spastic team selections and style of play.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does it really matter? He's just looking more like fool every time the team gets beat with spastic team selections and style of play.
Id rather be talking about how the caretaker coach went on the weekend

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So many lies spun about the "salary cap crisis".
We lost Eastwood on a backended 800k, klemmer 800k Morris brothers together on about 1 million mbye on 800k graham on 800k Woods on 800k

Something really does stink with this salary cap crisis excuse

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
She has well and truly backed herself into a corner. I can't see how she can save herself now.
Marquee signings, sponsor and a good coach is the only way to save her arse!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good morning everyone

Watched the “in the ten” segment of the footy show and the three panelists, Brent read, David riccio and Michael chamas have basically guaranteed that Pay is gone as head coach.

Riccio explained that should Dean be told he is no longer required that he should walk out on the club saying what the Dogs have done to Dean is unfair.

Interestingly, Michael Chamas said he had spoken to multiple players about Dean to which they all replied that Dean was a great bloke but didn’t tick all the coaching boxes.

Did anyone else happen to catch the segment?
Fcuk i hate those three cockroaches... They are always wrong, like always. Them saying Pay is gone is just the most likely thing to happen so they call on it like they have "inside" knowledge. FAKES.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We lost Eastwood on a backended 800k, klemmer 800k Morris brothers together on about 1 million mbye on 800k graham on 800k Woods on 800k

Something really does stink with this salary cap crisis excuse
You have to spend 95% of your salary cap going into a season. Where is the money locked up then if it's BS? We're still carrying multiple players on back ended deals. All the players we moved on (and not replaced) were basically to be salary cap complaint. It is well known we can't sign marquee players until 2021. Saying that we picked up DWZ mid season and have brought Thompson over early. If we sign ~3m worth of talent for 2021 it confirms everything was true. The only thing against our current board is why weren't they aggressive in the market when November rolled around last year (as well as a decision on the coach). I don't buy the coach being a problem, for me it's we weren't offering the right amount of money as we're not an attraction for any other reason (similar to the Titans).

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to spend 95% of your salary cap going into a season. Where is the money locked up then if it's BS? We're still carrying multiple players on back ended deals. All the players we moved on were basically to be salary cap complaint. It is well known we can't sign marquee players until 2021. Saying that we picked up DWZ mid season and have brought Thompson over early.
Dib aimed for a 10 million salary cap, that's not a massive amount over the current salary cap. Its one player on 800k. Given we offloaded mbye and Woods and paid part of their salary, I think those two movements would have accounted for getting us under.

Then you add up all the other ones who left.

There's only tolman and hoppa left in our side who may have commanded large backended deals and foran on 1 mill, jackson re-signed under this board so no backended deals for him. Elliot is on a reproted 350k and is looking for an upgrade to 450k with new contract negotiations

Wheres the fucking cap going to?

Roosters have probably got 5 to 6 players who average out to 800k per player.

Where the fuck is our cap going to?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dib aimed for a 10 million salary cap, that's not a massive amount over the current salary cap. Its one player on 800k. Given we offloaded mbye and Woods and paid part of their salary, I think those two movements would have accounted for getting us under.

Then you add up all the other ones who left.

There's only tolman and hoppa left in our side who may have commanded large backended deals and foran on 1 mill, jackson re-signed under this board so no backended deals for him. Elliot is on a reproted 350k and is looking for an upgrade to 450k with new contract negotiations

Wheres the fucking cap going to?

Roosters have probably got 5 to 6 players who average out to 800k per player.

Where the fuck is our cap going to?
It was reported north of 10 million. The exact figure isn't known.

The players we moved on were to be salary cap compliant for 2019/20. That's how bad the situation was.

I think you're forgetting Foran (1.2m). We also don't know about players like Holland and anyone else re-signed around that time.

Jackson re-signed in 2016 (previous board?)

We also don't know if we're still paying for players to play at other clubs (is this the last year for some players?). I know we were in previous years.

It's simple tho. Look how many players we moved on and we basically didn't replace any of them. I think people are underestimating how F'd our salary cap was/is.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It was reported north of 10 million. The exact figure isn't known.
See that doesnt make sense to me because when the clubs were negotiating with the nrl it was being reported that the nrl wanted 9.2 million and the clubs were pushing for 10.

How can it now be north of 10 million if dib (who was one of the main leaders for clubs negotiating with the nrl) was pushing for 10?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you believe a coach who is successful would Walkaway from a strong squad they have built and on the cusp of something special, would want to drop it all on taking a massive risk on the club we have become?
Once upon a time, they'd line up to coach a team like us for free.
Quite easy.
Install a coach in 2021 that has success. That’s how she saves herself and the board

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to spend 95% of your salary cap going into a season. Where is the money locked up then if it's BS? We're still carrying multiple players on back ended deals. All the players we moved on (and not replaced) were basically to be salary cap complaint. It is well known we can't sign marquee players until 2021. Saying that we picked up DWZ mid season and have brought Thompson over early. If we sign ~3m worth of talent for 2021 it confirms everything was true. The only thing against our current board is why weren't they aggressive in the market when November rolled around last year (as well as a decision on the coach). I don't buy the coach being a problem, for me it's we weren't offering the right amount of money as we're not an attraction for any other reason (similar to the Titans).
Go to bed Brady school tomorrow

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont care if he stays or goes anymore. I just want to see this club make a decision now because it's effecting us on and off the field at the moment.
Well we cant do worse