Opinion Do we need a Ricky Stuart style clean out?

Swedeman

New Pup
Reaction score
Do we need a Ricky Stuart style clean out like he did at Parra?

There are some players who will never cut it, or are past their best and need to clear space for a new roster. Tried hard for the jersey but just not nrl standard in their positions.

Holland, Tolman, Crichton, Meeney, Cogger, Lewis.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I posted this exact same thing a couple of weeks back mate, I’m a big fan of bringing in the Ricky Stuart “whiteboard”.

We have so many players that are absolute plodders that should not be re-signed and a few we should be doing everything in our power to get other clubs to take from us...

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I posted this exact same thing a couple of weeks back mate, I’m a big fan of bringing in the Ricky Stuart “whiteboard”.

We have so many players that are absolute plodders that should not be re-signed and a few we should be doing everything in our power to get other clubs to take from us...
Should have happened 3 seasons ago. We are fucked for another 4 seasons because of this rebuild

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOLMAN, Holland, Meaney, Cogger, Lewis, Montoya, Sue, Ogden, Crichton, R.Smith, C. Smith, Napa, JMK, Stimson should all go. Maybe even Wakeham

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Isn't that what we have been doing. Except of recruitment getting future talent they recruit average reserve grade players that walk into our 17. Thompson, Elliott ( under 400k) hoppa, averillo & RT are safe. Burn the rest of the rubbish.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney imo is worth keeping, he’s our only actual FB, hasn’t been given time to develop yet makes less mistakes than most FB rookies.

Dylan Edwards and Jack Wightons first couple of years were absolute mistake-a-thons. Not saying Meaney will necessarily reach Wightons heights but can become a walk-up FG FB. I’m thinking similar to the General, or close to.

Apart from Thommo, most of the forwards are fringe at best. Can’t dump all of them without incurring a big cost to replace them, but Tolman needs to become the reggies capt, Napa traded out, Elliott can go if he thinks he should be paid like an origin player, Stimson needs to get lateral movement or get out, Britt can join Tolman in reggies.

Reimis is showing himself to be a dirty liability; needs to grow up or piss off. Dallin can run out his contract on the wing then move on. Holland and Monti...just go, today. JMK would make a good bench utility.

Wakeham needs time with an experienced partner, be it Foz or someone else. Averillo too, but not sure how to make that work. Lewis can peel oranges for all I care, Cogger can go to reggies and be an injury fill in.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We just need a full clean out lol, end of.!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We just need a full clean out lol, end of.!!
Looks that way Scoobs.

The players haven't put in so its on them if they go on the nrl scrapheap sorry to say. If they had more they should of shown it by now.

I'm also in the camp that Pay didnt buy these reserve graders. Cogger maybe Pay had some influence over that decision. The way it stands now, we look like the Club where your career goes down the gurgler.

You just cant see the Board/footy committee entrusting him enough with the power to make those decisions. Probably right from the get go he never had the authority....and who can blame them really. He is just not coaching/management material.

They are just as culpable as Pay.

They all need to do the honourable thing in the best interests of the club.

No other option seems viable.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
major clean out is whats needed, though i wouldn't have any confidence in the board filling any ot the positions with better then we currently have

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hate to say it but Brian Smith used to be that guy he made teams fire but after a few years they went to shit . Eels and roosters

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks that way Scoobs.

The players haven't put in so its on them if they go on the nrl scrapheap sorry to say. If they had more they should of shown it by now.

I'm also in the camp that Pay didnt buy these reserve graders. Cogger maybe Pay had some influence over that decision. The way it stands now, we look like the Club where your career goes down the gurgler.

You just cant see the Board/footy committee entrusting him enough with the power to make those decisions. Probably right from the get go he never had the authority....and who can blame them really. He is just not coaching/management material.

They are just as culpable as Pay.

They all need to do the honourable thing in the best interests of the club.

No other option seems viable.
I reckon Chris Anderson would of said no to who ever pay wanted he’s a grumpy old grub who apparently is behind the scenes

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
you know those tv shows where they go to a hoarders house and take ALL their shit to the dump?....... we need one of those type of clean outs

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course we do .. We have assembled and persist with rubbish players most of which arent NRL level.. You would struggle to name 5 players in our 17 that could make any other NRLs FG team..

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I honesty think that if we had a hard arse coach and a semi decent coaching staff to send a rocket, we would be a much more competitive team even with the current squad. Provided they're picked in their proper positions of course. I'm not saying we don't still need to replace players but we are fukken lost out there and that's on the coach/coaching staff.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I honesty think that if we had a hard arse coach and a semi decent coaching staff to send a rocket, we would be a much more competitive team even with the current squad. Provided they're picked in their proper positions of course. I'm not saying we don't still need to replace players but we are fukken lost out there and that's on the coach/coaching staff.
I agree 100%. They aren't that clueless.

We have a "reasonable" roster but they are all playing in career worst form or directionless.

I still say a competent coach could get more out of them ..or at least have them looking like first graders...providing they are in their best positions of course and the coach used bench correctly and had tactics and they were game ready

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do we need a Ricky Stuart style clean out like he did at Parra?

There are some players who will never cut it, or are past their best and need to clear space for a new roster. Tried hard for the jersey but just not nrl standard in their positions.

Holland, Tolman, Crichton, Meeney, Cogger, Lewis.
Evan more than that .