News Sunday Footy Show

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good morning everyone

Watched the “in the ten” segment of the footy show and the three panelists, Brent read, David riccio and Michael chamas have basically guaranteed that Pay is gone as head coach.

Riccio explained that should Dean be told he is no longer required that he should walk out on the club saying what the Dogs have done to Dean is unfair.

Interestingly, Michael Chamas said he had spoken to multiple players about Dean to which they all replied that Dean was a great bloke but didn’t tick all the coaching boxes.

Did anyone else happen to catch the segment?
Yeah boi

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good morning everyone

Watched the “in the ten” segment of the footy show and the three panelists, Brent read, David riccio and Michael chamas have basically guaranteed that Pay is gone as head coach.

Riccio explained that should Dean be told he is no longer required that he should walk out on the club saying what the Dogs have done to Dean is unfair.

Interestingly, Michael Chamas said he had spoken to multiple players about Dean to which they all replied that Dean was a great bloke but didn’t tick all the coaching boxes.

Did anyone else happen to catch the segment?
What said by chammas is exactly what i mentioned here in the off season by myself told by some st george nrl players at a function in January

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont care if he stays or goes anymore. I just want to see this club make a decision now because it's effecting us on and off the field at the moment.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont care if he stays or goes anymore. I just want to see this club make a decision now because it's effecting us on and off the field at the moment.
You should be concerned if he stays

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel for Deano I really do.. just hope the media doesn’t play the We hate you’s more now again card

Kebab74

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Which players? A lot of the players don't tick many boxes either and would struggle to get a start in a NSW Cup team.. The fremantle bulldogs has a nice ring to yet the NRL are in talks the proposal is being considered by the board story will break next week

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3 out of 4 calls for him to stay... Obviously the kennel don't listen to triple M LMFAO
If I was a supporter of an opposition team I'd want Pay to stay on too!!!

#DingDongPayIsGone :hearteyes:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
3 out of 4 calls for him to stay... Obviously the kennel don't listen to triple M LMFAO
It’s probably the same supporters he has in here with the multiple accounts / identities that are phoning up . It’s no coincidence that some of them haven’t had the time to post this morning, they’re to busy on phone hold waiting for their turn to back up Deano the charlatan coach . :tearsofjoy:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People say he’s been hung out to dry, how has he? He took the job on knowing full well the mess we were in. It was his call to release Mbye and Woods. We could of held onto them. It was his call to only offer the Morris boys 1 more season. His recruitment has been horrible. We have gone backwards this season. He continually plays players out of position. It speaks volumes that his message to RFM is run hard tackle hard. Yeah no fucking shit. Our attack is so bad it’s not even funny. I can’t even think of one set play we’ve scored from in his 3 years.
I agree that he's a below average coach but regarding letting players go I really don't that that would have been his decision. No coach would want to lose any good player. Why would any first time coach want to lose players of the calibre of the Morris bros. Just doesn't make sense. It was definitely a board / recruitment committee decisions. They were the ones tasked with reeling in the salary cap mess. That's mainly why they were elected.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What does that even mean?
No matter who you are you need a game plan and structure to adhere to.
And what about players who change teams during the season & fit straight in, with only days being 'coached'

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Harsh mate. I hold no grudges against anyone that did things during super league, particularly those that wanted to stay loyal to the ARL. Good on him for taking a job no one else wanted or had the guts to take on
I doubt no-one else didn't want to take the job on. For a start we had Dymock keen (regardless of whatever job he may or may not have done) plus wasn't Holbrook preferring the Dogs but we made the wrong decision? There would have been atleast another half a dozen wanting the gig for sure. My take on it was that Lynn wanted a "DNA" coach to bring back her fanciful vision of the Dogs 30 years ago and went with Pay. Hollbrook was the right call last year.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The previous board didn't give us an option. I'm pretty sure they're the ones who sacked Des (not the current board which I previously thought). No top coach would touch us due to our salary cap position. Coaching the Bulldogs in 2018, 2019 and 2020 was/is a suicide mission. Ideally we would/should of kept Des. At the time sacking Des didn't make any sense to me either. More than half the fan base was happy with it even knowing they'd get someone like Pay tho (a rebuild coach). Des wouldn't of done much better either with this roster if I'm being honest (he'd be copping the same shit as Pay).
I feel Des would have worked better with this squad. Manly haven't got all the big names either.
But he knows how to get the strengths out of his team and he has game plans

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think that Lynn is saving Pay's scalp up until the last moment to save her own.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club needs to punt deano asap the morale of him and the team are at all time low levels just not good for anyone,they need to just appoint steve g as caretaker until they find the right coach ,deans msg isn’t getting through

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel Des would have worked better with this squad. Manly haven't got all the big names either.
But he knows how to get the strengths out of his team and he has game plans
What? Dylan Walker , Marty tapaau, Fonua-Blake Blake, dce, turbo bro’s they are full of class

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If you think pay made any decisions on recruitment or retention you have serious issues. Apart from a couple of staff selections and Stevie g wasn't a pay choice but board choice paynhas been hung out. Doesn't excuse the poor selections or coaching but no doubt pay hasn't had support.
Yep no way should anyone hang Pay on retention.