Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Discussion Thread

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best Bulldogs forward by a mile. Ran with intent and bent the line and made plenty of tackles. Got into a bit of niggle with TPJ and didn’t take a backward step. He played plenty of mins and looks fit. Only problem was he got put on report for a shoulder charge.
My man!! Good to hear lol

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t able to watch the game today. Considering the loss how did Luke Thompson go????
He went well - played with speed and aggression - but will probably get cited for a shoulder charge

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The knights during their whole rebuild and at their lowest weren’t this bad.
The Knights won 3 consecutive spoons - I don’t think it will get that bad for us, as bad it looks now. Glass half full :-).

JK26

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Knights won 3 consecutive spoons - I don’t think it will get that bad for us, as bad it looks now. Glass half full :-).
It will unless we make the changes now, starting with the coach. Knights didnt expect to go 3 consecutive seasons with the spoon either. They acted late and that’s what happened. Could easily happen to us.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't see the game luckily, but I was at the outlaws place, 20 people, 18 broncos fans, and me and the misses. They were all giving it to us all night, I just had to bend over and take it. They were too cheap to have fox or kayo or anything, but we all kept our eyes on the score. It's probably a good indication of how low my expectations are in that I was happy we scored a try, so as I didn't have to do a nudie run.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard how Renouf is going with his shoulder? He didn’t come back and with our luck this year it’s probably not a burner. I still can’t believe JMK passed it twice to the poor bloke while he was holding his shoulder and we were deep in attack!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard how Renouf is going with his shoulder? He didn’t come back and with our luck this year it’s probably not a burner. I still can’t believe JMK passed it twice to the poor bloke while he was holding his shoulder and we were deep in attack!
That was ridiculous as he had Thompson to his right he decides to pass it the guy with the busted shoulder. I hope he is ok, he has been one of the positives fro, this season

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that you should go to the Burrow and take Holland and Wakeman with you. Oh, while you're at it, take Joel Averillo with you....we will keep their brothers Wakeham and Jake Averillo.
Geez, I've heard of being in love with someone but tugging your old fella whilst dreaming about Holland is getting to a point of stupidity.

Does this bloke get off the meth?
Gee calm down. I made a mistake on Averillos name. We all know who I was talking about.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That passage of play summed up our season.

Along with the Isaako try where Crichton and DWZ showed no urgency whatsoever

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That was ridiculous as he had Thompson to his right he decides to pass it the guy with the busted shoulder. I hope he is ok, he has been one of the positives fro, this season
JMK must be 90% blind. That's the only way to explain what he sees out there and the way he plays..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Even if we F recruitment, with adding 3m worth of talent to our team I fail to see how we can be worse. We should be able to address key positions that have been holding us back (e.g. hooker, centre). Next season will be more like the Knights 2018, 2019 and 2020 combined (due to having a lot more salary cap to spend going into one season). When you think about it if we were going as bad as the Knights we should of got the wooden spoon last year. We're about to turn the corner in regards to roster. We're yet to see if it'll be top eight (still waiting on signing announcements). That's my only issue with the current board (actually, my other issue is they need to make a decision on the coach).

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol Jackson and Napa. Clearly TPJ is going over the sideline and instead of covering the potential passing option they just aimlessly attempt to join the tackle. Wow.
They both did exactly the same thing with the broncs first try
Jackson walker up to tpj touched him and then returned back to the line whilst tpj still had momentum

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
I think there will be mass changes next week:

1. Meany
  2. Montoya
  3. Harper
  4. Averillo
  5. DWZ
  6. Foran
  7. Wakeham
  8. Tolman
  9. Katoa
  10. Thompson
  11. Toomonga
  12. RFM
  13. Jackson
  14. JMK
  15. Napa
  16. Smith
  17. Ogden
  • Katoa was hard done by. Wasn't given any possession in the first 20.
  • Halves are hard done by. Hurt by the forwards. Didn't provide any go forward.
  • Backline needs major changes.
  • Montoya and Smith aren't centres, they're ball hogs. Smith needs a wake-up call.
  • Dwz isn't a fullback. Chuck Meany there. He has gained confidence.
  • Averillo needs to come back!
  • Forward need a wake-up call. Everyone knows everything else.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
JMK must be 90% blind. That's the only way to explain what he sees out there and the way he plays..
And yet Katoa can only get 20 mins.

Pay must think JMK is Cam Smith like.