News Silence is deafening: Dogs coach urges club board to make a call on his future

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The fact Pay has publicly pleaded with the board to make a decision means the communication top down is non existent which confirms what we all know (most of us)
Governance and leadership (lack thereof) is atrocious

Amateur hour at the tent show
no pay is just publicly pleading because he wants to use it as an excuse for the bad results

the communication from top down is excellent, like when pay reads that the bulldogs are going after every other coach in world history, the message should be loud and clear

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they just wanted to pretend stability they could re-sign him on a "2 year deal" but really just a 1+1 in our favour with heavy KPI clauses and for bugger all money wise as he would probably take it as he knows he would struggle for anything other than an assistant gig elsewhere. The fact the haven't tells me either they are panicking now because they dont have something as a plan B or they are sitting on a monster announcement, which I highly doubt..

If in panic they do sign someone like Barrett because some old drunk like Rothfield suggested it, we are truly fucked...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
btw dwz turned the ball over starting our second set, so that's what pay meant by we came out and got into an arm wrestle, completing a set then defending ok for a set

he defended the performance by praising that we completed a set then defended ok for a set, sickening how low his standards are
Pay keeps putting DWZ at fullback.

We've all seen DWZ's handling skills. The players all see it.

Apparently Pay hasn't and keeps crossing his fingers whenever they target DWZ.

What crap coaching.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm glad you spent time with your grandkids instead Chris. I wish I spent time with my 4 year old daughter instead of getting angry and wasting time watching another debacle.
So true and then we get to come on here and argue with fellow supporters who just can't acknowledge the depth of our club's decline :(

Hang in there fans.

Surely some semblance of fixing this mess will finally be recognised by some people who love our club. Whether its new coach, EGM, Board recognising their failure, CEO stepping up.

It appears to have deteriorated way past just signing some players now. There are deep, inherent problems it appears.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pays comments were the most disturbing thing of all and it did make me feel slightly sorry for the bloke because even if he is not up to the job, allowing him to wear all the shit is bloody unacceptable..
Made exactly this point last night the cowards are letting him eat a shit sandwich on his own and it’s more their fault than deans but I note a few of the pay/board fan club are still backing the board while they hang dean out to dry.
Fuck being in a trench with those blokes

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Made exactly this point last night the cowards are letting him eat a shit sandwich on his own and it’s more their fault than deans but I note a few of the pay/board fan club are still backing the board while they hang dean out to dry.
Fuck being in a trench with those blokes
Mate, from a pure business perspective it makes no sense what so ever. They are simply adding to the pressure that they surly must be feeling and if they truly are that clueless then maybe the should read a few threads on here for some ideas, the drunken scribes appear to..:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Malla

Reaction score
Sorry, but this is flat out incorrect. Dean Pay is anything but arrogant. He took on the coaching role after more experienced coaches took a look and said NOPE. He took a pay cut before anyone else when Covid started. He is not the answer as coach, but neither should he take all the heat for the simple errors that are frustrating the team right now. Simple fact is that morale in the camp is lower than a goanna's belly right now and Pay is the only one who is actively trying to do something about it. The people who are supposed to be in charge aren't supporting him or the team, and other people who want to be in charge are flooding the media with stories that make it that much harder for Pay and the players.

Pay needs to go, but he should be given dignity and most of all he CAN'T be made the fall guy when there are bigger problems going on. That would just be papering over the cracks.
Thanks for the list of excuses for Pay. I’m age who’s arrogance flop self probably lists them before bed each night as well lol cya

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This reminds me of a pack of irate punters. They always blame the jockey and not the horse.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
trump asked if they could nuclear bomb a hurricane storm
Not surprised as he also said the virus would be over in a couple of days or some bullshit like that.

Its so wrong that there hiding Biden from answering questions or debates etc and limiting him to prepared speeches which his still stuffs up.

Its not his fault, he is being used to defeat Trump as most Americans would only remember his vice president days where he didn't have dementia but he still displayed strange behaviour especially around females of any age.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This reminds me of a pack of irate punters. They always blame the jockey and not the horse.
No mate the stewards shot the horse in the barrier and now we’re chasing the jockey Down the track

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you spent time with your grandkids instead Chris. I wish I spent time with my 4 year old daughter instead of getting angry and wasting time watching another debacle.
Watched the lowlights when I got home. That was all I needed to know, along with the comments on the Kennel.
Why go through the pain and frustration when you just can hop on here and read the comments after the game?

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay is a wanker instead of concentrating on getting the team right and finding ways to put a descent team together to win every game he’s too worried about himself resigning with the club seriously this **** is delusional.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even watch the game last night. Spent time with the grandkids, and had a great night.

This is what the team has done for me as a supporter for 70 years. I don't need to go through the frustration and pain of watching an inferior side play pathetic, stupid football, while the club expects us to fork out good money, and pretend to be excited about being loyal supporters. We can't even be competitive with the other cellar dwelling sides.

2021 should be a year off for the Dogs, and the other sides can take the points as if it was a bye. That way they get the 2 points they were going to get anyway, without the risk of injury.

I'm through with being a fan. The Dogs are dogshit; and I can't be a loyal supporter and allow this mob to keep pulling the wool over my eyes, with soothing words from a board that hasn't a clue what the game is about. It's about winning BTW.
Come next week you will change your mind. Guess we must like self inflicting pain.