Michael Ennis

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to his body language and the comments from Mal and Tallis he may be on his way home to Belmore next year. I think the whole Barrett thing is just media bullshit!
I would prefer Ennis over Barrett even if he don't have the experience as a coach if it come down to Barrett that is at least Ennis has got the passion for the club

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know what role he could play.
He’s currently a ‘coaching consultant’ for Canberra (whatever that means) but he doesn’t have enough coaching experience for any sort of senior role. If anything our club needs expertise, not more rookies.
On his worst day he offers more than pay for a year

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I would prefer Ennis over Barrett even if he don't have the experience as a coach if it come down to Barrett that is at least Ennis has got the passion for the club
he has passion in general, like if parramatta decided to hire ennis as coach he would fight for his team 100%

dean pay looks like he has corona virus and doesn't want to show any fight

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Head Coach - S.Wane / A.Griffen
Assistants - A.Lam / M.Ennis
Don't want anything to do with Bennett

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Id LOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE to see the meltdown on the kennel if Ennis was to be named new head coach and his first signing would be Josh Reynolds on a one year deal.

Farkkkkkkkkkkkkkk what a sight to see

Lebaneze Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Id LOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE to see the meltdown on the kennel if Ennis was to be named new head coach and his first signing would be Josh Reynolds on a one year deal.

Farkkkkkkkkkkkkkk what a sight to see
Welcoming back of Tayta!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Too many people just looking to bring in someone, anyone into our coaching team just because Pay isn't doing well.

Our next step as a club is cruicial and I think the club is right to take their time in making their decision. We make another Pay like appointment and we're really in a world of pain. Yes. Even worse than now.

Ennis? Yeah. Apparently he's a good commentator. Knows the game apparently. Doesn't make him a coach though
Lol “pay isn’t doing well” bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa FMD

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's why they haven't questioned him. He's asked them to keep it quiet.
I'd welcome him to the club again, not sure immediately about head coach but definitely involved.
That’s why I find it strange. You’d think they would ask him about it and he would say there’s nothing in it and move on....

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s why I find it strange. You’d think they would ask him about it and he would say there’s nothing in it and move on....
Yeah there was some strange body language amongst the panel when that came up

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
actually barett grew up supporting the dogs,so maybe he would have more passion then the rest including ennis?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ennis would be great as a head coach straight away, he would bring in much needed intensity and controversy plus the reason he was pissed off at the club is because he wanted to stay but got replaced by lichaa, that's more than enough reason to get pissed off

ennis = pissed off at the club because he wanted to stay

pay = left the club for the rivals and was pissed off because the club wanted to keep him
I get quite offended when people call pay a club legend. Fair enough he was there in 1995. And fair enough he was a great player. But he did jump ship and the next time he stepped back into the club was as a head coach.

It’s not the time to do the dymock/pay comparison. But Jimmy did come back and do a long apprenticeship at the club over many many years (more so then pay) he must have been around since 2008. I have way more respect for Dymock in that respect, who didn’t return for fanfare. But returned and stayed long term until he was dicked. Not saying Dymock is a better coach. But I personally just respected him more for the time he gave us post football.

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ennis would be great as a head coach straight away, he would bring in much needed intensity and controversy plus the reason he was pissed off at the club is because he wanted to stay but got replaced by lichaa, that's more than enough reason to get pissed off

ennis = pissed off at the club because he wanted to stay

pay = left the club for the rivals and was pissed off because the club wanted to keep him
What a rediculous comment, never coached before he is not even a head coach yet you want him to just walk in abe head coach you have no idea!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Has to be bullshit.
Even if Pay is sacked the board has to go through a process to find the best coach available.
Not hand pick Barrett FFS.
"If" he gets sacked. The club should already have a list of 5 to interview if they haven't already. Hopefully they pick the right guy not Just to save their ass. We needed the voting members to bring in a new board, we need the new board to pick the right CEO, the right football manager, and right coach.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know what role he could play.
He’s currently a ‘coaching consultant’ for Canberra (whatever that means) but he doesn’t have enough coaching experience for any sort of senior role. If anything our club needs expertise, not more rookies.
I agree. Good players don't always make good coaches. I wouldn't mind him on the staff, but only with an experience coach that actually wants and needs him there.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What a rediculous comment, never coached before he is not even a head coach yet you want him to just walk in abe head coach you have no idea!
Hate to break it to you champ but pay isn’t a head coach either

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
"If" he gets sacked. The club should already have a list of 5 to interview if they haven't already.
This is the point. "IF" they have been interviewing in secret that is a disgrace.
Time of smoke & mirrors and secret meetings is over be up front and tell him.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
U dont want Ennis coming to Belmore
He will bring his knobhead mate from the Tigers with him