Michael Ennis

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seeing Michael Ennis on fox speak about the club, it look like he genuinely cares about the club and was saying that the bulldogs have been down for too long and things need to change
Is there any chance we can bring him into the coaching staff

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would support bringing him in.. He has experience.. He knows what it takes to win a comp and hes an ex captain of ours.. He was also a highly consistent dummy half who played at a high level every week..

It could only be a positive for our club bringing him into the fold..

Changes are clearly needed..

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
No thanks

Like Tallis loves the sound of his own voice

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
May as well bring Mick in, give him the roll to sort this mess out or even his first coaching gig, either or would be a sight better than what we have now.!!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ennis would be great as a head coach straight away, he would bring in much needed intensity and controversy plus the reason he was pissed off at the club is because he wanted to stay but got replaced by lichaa, that's more than enough reason to get pissed off

ennis = pissed off at the club because he wanted to stay

pay = left the club for the rivals and was pissed off because the club wanted to keep him

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Given he works at Fox it’s kind of weird that no one has questioned him about that rumour of him coming back to coach.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
According to his body language and the comments from Mal and Tallis he may be on his way home to Belmore next year. I think the whole Barrett thing is just media bullshit!
Has to be bullshit.
Even if Pay is sacked the board has to go through a process to find the best coach available.
Not hand pick Barrett FFS.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know what role he could play.
He’s currently a ‘coaching consultant’ for Canberra (whatever that means) but he doesn’t have enough coaching experience for any sort of senior role. If anything our club needs expertise, not more rookies.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Ennis comes can he bring his mate Cooper Cronk with him:grinning:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Seeing Michael Ennis on fox speak about the club, it look like he genuinely cares about the club and was saying that the bulldogs have been down for too long and things need to change
Is there any chance we can bring him into the coaching staff
Hey didn't have much to say tbh, when they mentioned Bennett and him it seemed like he wanted to move on from the discussion pretty quickly... Maybe there is something there.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What makes people think he could help?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Mick didn’t even bother defending dean pay. He said that we had underachieved over the past three seasons. I think he knows something that we don’t.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has a better approach then run hard and tackle hard I guess
Didn’t he say the same thing during the half time speech? I vaguely remember Corey Parker saying this. What a SuperCoach

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Too many people just looking to bring in someone, anyone into our coaching team just because Pay isn't doing well.

Our next step as a club is cruicial and I think the club is right to take their time in making their decision. We make another Pay like appointment and we're really in a world of pain. Yes. Even worse than now.

Ennis? Yeah. Apparently he's a good commentator. Knows the game apparently. Doesn't make him a coach though

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
What makes people think he could help?
if he coaches anything like he played then he can create a tremendous amount of heat and fight that the team needs

he used to spark us so many times, like when he acted dead to get a penalty against the roosters and they tried to fight over his dead body

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given he works at Fox it’s kind of weird that no one has questioned him about that rumour of him coming back to coach.
Maybe that's why they haven't questioned him. He's asked them to keep it quiet.
I'd welcome him to the club again, not sure immediately about head coach but definitely involved.