News Barrett

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barrett front row Blake app I and Marty.
Ours Napa whoever and Tolman
Yet still question his coaching capabilities to attract players?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck off idiot.
Yep no response of substance as always but thats what we should expect of you I guess based on experience. Don't bother responding again its very likely youll just embarrass yourself as usual.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could bring in Mr Bean right now and I'd be happy.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this means the end of Pay I’m all for it. He had 4 weeks to save his job and he ends up losing 75% of the games. I will support Barrett if he becomes coach. We need change

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Club needs to make a decision to create some certainty to hopefully result in quality signings. Press conference pay was delusionalwith or without errors players were dominated across the park.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He suffered the same as pay.

Bob Fulton pretty much selected and coached the team
I’m not saying it’s exclusively the furniture thing but I’m not sold on him being a great coach. Look at what Des did at Manly with a pretty similar roster to what Barrett had. It’s light years apart.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When can Flanno be a head coach again?

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bring Barrett in immediately. We are coming last (deservedly so), are the worst team in the comp by far and don't even look like winning another game . We need someone new calling the shots and the whole joint needs a re-set. Unfortunately the players seem to be a reflection of Pay's coaching and are comfortable with losing as long as we have a go for 60 minutes or whatever crap Pay dribbles out after every loss.

Our club has accepted and bought into the "losing" culture. It's what we are used to and accept now. Pay isn't going to turn that around this year or next year. We need a new coach to come in and turn the joint around and our players need to be told some home truths that no, losing isn't acceptable, making basic mistakes isn't acceptable, having a forward pack that gets easily outmuscled isn't acceptable, having no attacking structures isn't acceptable and the list goes on.

If the players we have can't start meeting the new expectations, we get new players that will, and if that means a total squad turnover in the next 2-3 years so be it. After tonights performance I would be happy for the whole 17 to be replaced bar Thomson. What we have now isn't working.

A new coach, a new voice, new expectations, new accountability for every player is a start. But first we need a new coach and if that is Trent Barrett, bring it on ASAP. Yes we might have missed out on our top coaching choices but yeah, life's a bitch sometimes so we move on to the next option and make the most of it. What's the worst that can happen?? We are already last

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Doubt it will happen, but anything is better than pay... we need change, fresh ideas , fresh faces, people to give this club an it’s fans a little hope, and if that means Barrett then so be it.. we all scream that pay must go, so it’s best he’s gone, no one can do a worst job, and that’s a FACT.!!!!

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This was Buzz last year:
Rothfield this morning said he believed it was unlikely Flanagan would coach until 2021, and floated former Manly coach Trent Barrett as a possible candidate to replace Pay before then.

“Trent Barrett could come into the picture because he’s very, very close to the Trbojevic brothers,” he said.

“(Barrett) could be a magnet for those sort of players of their magnitude.

“It’s a sort of watch this space.”

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't trust the source at all. Barrett isn't my preferred choice but I'll take anyone over Pay.

At least Barrett is an attacking coach who is well respected and regarded by players. If he could recruit some of the best Penrith and Manly youngsters, I wouldn't complain.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As I said yesterday Barret is the man for the job. He is the most capable of signing quality players and has a great relationship the Panthers players. He would bring some of there best talent no doubt about it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As I said yesterday Barret is the man for the job. He is the most capable of signing quality players and has a great relationship the Panthers players. He would bring some of there best talent no doubt about it.
One rumour that will well and truly never come to fruition is Hastings... No way he will ever play under Barrett again after they shafted him.