Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Discussion Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On a positive note, Thompson looks like the real deal. Renouf looked good. Wakeham looks too slow to be a quality half. Our recruitment needs to be a half, hooker and fullback. Don't waste big money on a centre or winger
And to top it off renouf is injured

Tolman and napa need to immediately be pissed off out of the club

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On a positive note, Thompson looks like the real deal. Renouf looked good. Wakeham looks too slow to be a quality half. Our recruitment needs to be a half, hooker and fullback. Don't waste big money on a centre or winger

And a new captain

BazK

Waterboy
Reaction score
...that’s our roster, get the fuck over it
Worst roster in NRL basically 6 or 7 geniune reserve grade players we wont be competitive consistantly until this can change but it will be a long road ahead .Worst Bulldogs team i have seen in fourty years of support but we will be back.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nek minute we buy another forward. Don’t you just love our clubs decisions.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Amongst about 10-12 players who are also kidding themselves I'm 98% sure Wakeham won't amount to anything in RL.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes got 17 excuses, we are a shit side across the park. Doesn't mean he is a good coach though. I just hope nobody thinks if we just change coach that it will make a difference
It will be a start,that is what is needed.He has had near 3 years,3 off seasons,3 preseasons to mold a team of some sort and look at what we have become...A new coach at least has fresh ideas.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This roster is worth 95% of the salary cap! I accept we're shit, but what I don't accept is the way the NRL insists on at least 95% of the cap been spent as a requirement per season, that's bullshit and they need to rethink the entire process if they want a fair comp, otherwise the NRL is going to become like European football!
Politis Did say not that long ago that he was going to make the Rotters the Real Madrid of Rugby League.\
Some years ago the Rotters threatened to challenge the salary cap because it was a restriction on trade, the Legal opinion was at the time if they did they would win.
Politis and the Rotters have a lot of influence on the NRL, they know if the game becomes like European Football it will benefit them more than any other club.

Die For The Badge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It all started from the beginning. About to sign a sponsor and 2 horny bastards decided to think with their penis rather than the badge

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Half time report

I will take that. Another hard fought 40 minutes against a tough and spirited Broncos team who's lowly position and recent form is seriously misleading.

Stand outs for me;

Tolman - love his never say die attitude, demanding the ball all night on the 4th tackle. Cannot blame him for dropping a ball clean on the second as his teammates should have known better. We need this guy on an extension deal asap, it's only a matter of time before the Roosters or Bankstown Ballerinas notice his strength, speed and barnstorming runs and make an offer.

Jackson - Captain inspiration. Those 2 metre carries do add up to about 10 metres at the end of the game which is no easy feat in this twilight zone of his career. Once again he rallied the troops with so much passion that he was too tired to make an effective tackle.

DWZ- Always a breath of fresh air when he runs the ball. Constant danger going forward , lots of penetrating runs, which if he remembered to hold the ball with him, would have resulted in another dropped ball on any other day.

Dean Pay - as always a figure of confidence and stability up in the coach’s box. He emanates such a divine like light that when his players look up and jump to catch bombs the light almost becomes a distraction. Inspired by his team’s performance so much so that he was ready to break out into tears at any moment.

Sione Katoa- showed why he is already a fan favourite without having a played a game in the club colours. Not his fault for being replaced 20 mins in. Pay clearly didn’t want him stealing all the limelight from fellow debutant Thompson who is clearly nowhere near Katoa’s ability. Seen heading straight to the nearest Maccas at halftime. Well deserved early mark
to be honest I actually think a lot of those are negatives and not positives.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worst roster in NRL basically 6 or 7 geniune reserve grade players we wont be competitive consistantly until this can change but it will be a long road ahead .Worst Bulldogs team i have seen in fourty years of support but we will be back.
When will we be back?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here (sorry I know I made one post in this thread earlier and didn't introduce myself, apologies),

but I actually saw a lot of positives out there today.
Some good performances mixed in with some moments of clarity.

positives for me;
-Thomson player well. Took to the field like a duck to water.
- Meaney growing in confidence
-Wakeman continues to grow into the role despite some errors
-We now know fo sho that DWZ isn't our fullback and going forward it has to be Nick Meaney or Joel Averillo.
- we now know Smith ain't even close to being a centre three quarter
-Likewise, we now know with 200 percent certainty we need a centre to partner Holland next year. This will trigger our management to up the offer to Cotric from 1.8 mil over three to 2, and put this to bed.
-We now know we need another backline player, and if our next Fullback flops it's going to be a Milf- I mean fullback we need.
- we now know the anti vaccer is not for first grade anymore.
- we now know that Blake Green needs to be offered something from us.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here (sorry I know I made one post in this thread earlier and didn't introduce myself, apologies),

positives for me;
-We now know fo sho that DWZ isn't our fullback and going forward it has to be Nick Meaney or Joel Averillo.
-Likewise, we now know with 200 percent certainty we need a centre to partner Holland next year. This will trigger our management to up the offer to Cotric from 1.8 mil over three to 2, and put this to bed.
-We now know we need another backline player, and if our next Fullback flops it's going to be a Milf- I mean fullback we need.
Just stop. You 're making this night even worse.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

positives for me;
Is Joel Averillo related to Jake?