Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Discussion Thread

JK26

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Half time report

I will take that. Another hard fought 40 minutes against a tough and spirited Broncos team who's lowly position and recent form is seriously misleading.

Stand outs for me;

Tolman - love his never say die attitude, demanding the ball all night on the 4th tackle. Cannot blame him for dropping a ball clean on the second as his teammates should have known better. We need this guy on an extension deal asap, it's only a matter of time before the Roosters or Bankstown Ballerinas notice his strength, speed and barnstorming runs and make an offer.

Jackson - Captain inspiration. Those 2 metre carries do add up to about 10 metres at the end of the game which is no easy feat in this twilight zone of his career. Once again he rallied the troops with so much passion that he was too tired to make an effective tackle.

DWZ- Always a breath of fresh air when he runs the ball. Constant danger going forward , lots of penetrating runs, which if he remembered to hold the ball with him, would have resulted in another dropped ball on any other day.

Dean Pay - as always a figure of confidence and stability up in the coach’s box. He emanates such a divine like light that when his players look up and jump to catch bombs the light almost becomes a distraction. Inspired by his team’s performance so much so that he was ready to break out into tears at any moment.

Sione Katoa- showed why he is already a fan favourite without having a played a game in the club colours. Not his fault for being replaced 20 mins in. Pay clearly didn’t want him stealing all the limelight from fellow debutant Thompson who is clearly nowhere near Katoa’s ability. Seen heading straight to the nearest Maccas at halftime. Well deserved early mark

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did well to still be in that after the start but yet again let down by big errors from our so called senior players. DWZ and Tolman handed them two tries on a platter.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the good news is DWZ has made 2 errors already, so he should only have 1 more left in him

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Nearly got me with the tolman comment

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Right idea if we didn’t have a fucking midget on the wing
Yh I'll cop errors like this over flat out dumb play and stupid drop balls. Our passing has been absolutely atrocious today though, no suprise that our try came from a ball going directly to Wakeham who then went to Foran.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Half time report

I will take that. Another hard fought 40 minutes against a tough and spirited Broncos team who's lowly position and recent form is seriously misleading.

Stand outs for me;

Tolman - love his never say die attitude, demanding the ball all night on the 4th tackle. Cannot blame him for dropping a ball clean on the second as his teammates should have known better. We need this guy on an extension deal asap, it's only a matter of time before the Roosters or Bankstown Ballerinas notice his strength, speed and barnstorming runs and make an offer.

Jackson - Captain inspiration. Those 2 metre carries do add up to about 10 metres at the end of the game which is no easy feat in this twilight zone of his career. Once again he rallied the troops with so much passion that he was too tired to make an effective tackle.

DWZ- Always a breath of fresh air when he runs the ball. Constant danger going forward , lots of penetrating runs, which if he remembered to hold the ball with him, would have resulted in another dropped ball on any other day.

Dean Pay - as always a figure of confidence and stability up in the coach’s box. He emanates such a divine like light that when his players look up and jump to catch bombs the light almost becomes a distraction. Inspired by his team’s performance so much so that he was ready to break out into tears at any moment.

Sione Katoa- showed why he is already a fan favourite without having a played a game in the club colours. Not his fault for being replaced 20 mins in. Pay clearly didn’t want him stealing all the limelight from fellow debutant Thompson who is clearly nowhere near Katoa’s ability. Seen heading straight to the nearest Maccas at halftime. Well deserved early mark
I'm so angry right, that even your clear sarcasm is pissing me off at the moment!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can tell these teams are fighting for the spoon.... I don't think the quality can get any lower.. only thing making it interesting is it's tight..

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What clear as day in three years our team hasn’t learn how to attack,reflects poorly on pay,no ability to mix anything up what so ever,too many excuses about not having players when it’s obvious we are not coached well.
Pfft move over pay

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lucky Broncos are rubbish also. Otherwise we would be down by 20 at the half.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walter's commentary is so fucking biased.

Understandable, but I feel like throwing rocks at the TV.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Half time report

Stand outs for me;

Lmfao. Good summary.