News Bulldogs set to make call on coach Dean Pay’s future

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Fully fit we have half decent players... Systems are just putrid, we shouldn't be last.
Yeah, that's why everybody says we should come last due to how bad our roster is. It's why we have had to endure the backend contracts that stopped as signing anyone decent to add to the squad for the past 3 years, as every other club has done. All we can afford are other clubs discards at low rates.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion the incoming players are having to much input into a club they havent even signed on with, sure it would be ideal to have a confirmed coach for the following season, but management if they were any good would put forward the facts are you looking for an nrl opportunity and a new start for a good competive wage, be part of a new beginning at belmore, sell it, dont let agents and players dictate.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Coaching is a fraternity in every sport. They all support each other in the media when another is under pressure. You can take their comments with a grain of salt...

The only time they don't show love is when there is personal beef like with Bennett and Seibold.

Coaches aren't judged by what other coaches say, they're judged on their record. And Pay's record is about as bad as it gets.

Malla

Reaction score
You would hope so but then again it could simply be indecisiveness - they are too scared to make a decision or they really really really want to resign him (out of "loyalty") so they are giving him every chance to go on a 1 game winning streak before they announce it
The fact that its dragging on this long is ridiculous. Make a decision and get it over with.
If this is truly the case then this is why we suck as an organisation at the moment.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Deano won’t be sacked, he’ll see out his current contract & simply won’t be renewed or renegotiated.
@SweetFA

Hey mate! Just reading ur comment about Deano won't be sacked but won't have his contract renewed...

How true is this? Have you been told this or is it just ur opinion? Cheers bud

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@SweetFA

Hey mate! Just reading ur comment about Deano won't be sacked but won't have his contract renewed...

How true is this? Have you been told this or is it just ur opinion? Cheers bud
Given no decision has been made, it’s my opinion....

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next week looms as one of the most vital in Canterbury’s history as the club moves to sort out coach Dean Pay’s future and ramp up their pursuit of some marquee players for next season.

Next week looms as one of the most vital in Canterbury’s history.

A decision on coach Dean Pay’s future is expected to be made as early as next week as the Bulldogs look for some stability amid the ongoing uncertainty surrounding their head coach. Pay’s contract ends at the end of the year and with just one win to start the year the pressure is mounting even if their roster is inferior.

There is plenty of pressure building off the field too for the Bulldogs who are desperate to add some marquee players to their squad.

The club is also in discussions with a handful of companies regarding a major sponsor.

The Bulldogs are the only team without a front of jersey sponsor and want to have an outcome either way next week.

Canterbury are also hoping to get an answer from Canberra star Nick Cotric next week. Cotric’s team are pushing for a five-year deal to secure the 21-year-old.

The Bulldogs are also eyeing some potential castaways from the Broncos who may be forced to move some players on.

In some good news for the club, they have secured back-rower Raymond Faitala-Mariner for another two years.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/9035f948e8127f8fea09da3045611532
Yes yes,we have been hearing the same shit,for the last 3 weeks,most people with half a brain would not even bother,with anything the daily telecrap,write,have u ever heard anything positive involving our club,u of all people should no better,bring back mr invisible

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes yes,we have been hearing the same shit,for the last 3 weeks,most people with half a brain would not even bother,with anything the daily telecrap,write,have u ever heard anything positive involving our club,u of all people should no better,bring back mr invisible
With all due respect blow it out your ass I’ll post what I like and if you don’t like it I don’t care.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all due respect blow it out your ass I’ll post what I like and if you don’t like it I don’t care.
That all due respect bullshit is about as relevant,as any of your posts, mr telecrap

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard on channel 9 yesterday he wants to be resigned for another 2 yrs is this guy serious .

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I heard on channel 9 yesterday he wants to be resigned for another 2 yrs is this guy serious .
He’s on the good stuff. Brady will be happy if he does because Pay is overachieving and deserves an extension.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Out of all of the news reports. Stories. Inside news. Has anything actually credible come out?

As much as I think that the board really should say or do something, they did say they were apparently going to do things behind closed doors these days so maybe it's just what they're doing? Well ... I certainly hope that they're actively trying to find a solution to this fucking mess we're in.

Does Pay deserve another year? No. Completely agree that he's been working with shit, but at the same time I do expect him to do better with the shit he's got. He can't hide from the fact he's approach to coaching is all over the shop ... but at the same time he hasn't had much to work with. Still ... I really do expect more from him.

The reality is though ... he'll most likely get another year which is a scary prospect. Wouldn't mind it if we were actually winning a few games but with our two best players injured does anyone really expect us to win many more anytime soon? He's going to have a shocking remainder of the year, and we definitely can't put all of our hopes into Thompson ffs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still not sacked? It’s getting boring.!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still not sacked? It’s getting boring.!!!
They're not going to sack him on game day Scoobs.

But I doubt they punt him at all. They're probably just waiting for a win against a fellow bottom four team before they announce his re-signing.

If they re-sign Pay, they're all putting the nails into their own coffins. I don't know why they're so insistent on backing him at the expense of their own jobs but that's the way it seems..

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're not going to sack him on game day Scoobs.

But I doubt they punt him at all. They're probably just waiting for a win against a fellow bottom four team before they announce his re-signing.

If they re-sign Pay, they're all putting the nails into their own coffins. I don't know why they're so insistent on backing him at the expense of their own jobs but that's the way it seems..
If we don't beat the Broncos, where does out next win come from? The Dragons have improved massively since we last played them and the way the Warriors and Titans are going, I don't think we'll beat them. This game is our best hope