Mounties

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay really loves the Mounties half of his shithouse coaching team is from there so he thought he would get the rest.

Pretty disappointing news if true I’m not sure what we get out of it besides saving money.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could be a great partnership as long as they don’t take over. Strong financially big growth area. Possible exposure to parra and Penrith juniors. Possible to purchase players we need but unsure on. Say someone like jay field. Quick half. What Foran needs. But question marks over him being the main 7. Could go to mountys. See how it unfolds. Sponsorship through them or a third party supplier to them fair chance as they are growing. Like our leagues club high pokies turn over. So money is non issue. Seen somewhere they already sponsor us in some form. Could save us paying reserve grades. And finally if new stadium can’t be built at Belmore but can at Liverpool. Nice and close and gives us a msssive junior catchment from cabbra to possible Camden great growth area’s financial and juniors

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s not really a partnership it’s just a cost saving exercise to save on the expense of running another team. We will just send contracted players there for a training session before the game and they play.

The Raiders had been with Mounties for 7 or 8 years and they only ever had one Mounties player make it to NRL for them ironically it was a former Dogs junior in Royce Hunt.

It probably means the end of CCup games at Belmore too. I love going there to watch a Flegg and CCup double header.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s not really a partnership it’s just a cost saving exercise to save on the expense of running another team. We will just send contracted players there for a training session before the game and they play.

The Raiders had been with Mounties for 7 or 8 years and they only ever had one Mounties player make it to NRL for them ironically it was a former Dogs junior in Royce Hunt.

It probably means the end of CCup games at Belmore too. I love going there to watch a Flegg and CCup double header.
If it saves money. Provides path ways and grows our catchment area. Sounds good to me

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it saves money. Provides path ways and grows our catchment area. Sounds good to me
What pathways does it provide? That catchment area is saturated with Parra, Penrith and Tigers getting the cream of the crop.

I'm sure the club will paint a rosy picture about it but it's really nothing more then a cost saving exercise.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What pathways does it provide? That catchment area is saturated with Parra, Penrith and Tigers getting the cream of the crop.

I'm sure the club will paint a rosy picture about it but it's really nothing more then a cost saving exercise.
Im not sticking up for the club because I think it’s shit but the NRL has enabled this with their stupid 30 player salary cap crap. Technically you don’t have two teams under the cap so why have a reserve grade when you can ‘loan’ them out to get game time.

The salary cap limits are ruining the game and development of players who aren’t stars when they are young. Just my two cents

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If the board has been working on this behind the scenes with everything else currently going on then they deserve to be sacked... Fucking stupid I think we will end up being relocated if this mob stay in-charge

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im not sticking up for the club because I think it’s shit but the NRL has enabled this with their stupid 30 player salary cap crap. Technically you don’t have two teams under the cap so why have a reserve grade when you can ‘loan’ them out to get game time.

The salary cap limits are ruining the game and development of players who aren’t stars when they are young. Just my two cents
I saw a report where the top 30 is getting trimmed down to 26 next year which will actually make the CCup stronger so that could help develop players if they are playing in a higher quality competition but I get what you are saying mate.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw a report where the top 30 is getting trimmed down to 26 next year which will actually make the CCup stronger so that could help develop players if they are playing in a higher quality competition but I get what you are saying mate.
I just don’t think it should matter how many players you spend your cap on as long as it’s under the cap.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay really loves the Mounties half of his shithouse coaching team is from there so he thought he would get the rest.

Pretty disappointing news if true I’m not sure what we get out of it besides saving money.
There’s plenty of connections;
Our Leagues club CEO came from Mounties, as did Pay,Antonelli, Levinsky & recruitment mgr Dave Hamilton

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just don’t think it should matter how many players you spend your cap on as long as it’s under the cap.
What they had in place before the top 30 was fine. They still had a top 25 but players outside of that were allowed to play.

It's just another example of the NRL complicating what should be a simple process.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have we had any of these Reserve Grade scrimmages yet against other clubs? I've seen a few teams are having these games to keep players outside the 17 fit.. Have we had any yet or are any planned?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What they had in place before the top 30 was fine. They still had a top 25 but players outside of that were allowed to play.

It's just another example of the NRL complicating what should be a simple process.
I think they brought in the 21 man team list to prevent coaches like Brian Smith making ten last second changes to the lineup which angered punters and betting agencies.

I agree that the top 30 squad and maybe now top 26 doesn't really have any benefits and just causes unnecessary headaches for most clubs. A 26 man squad with the same restrictions that are currently in place would be a nightmare.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have we had any of these Reserve Grade scrimmages yet against other clubs? I've seen a few teams are having these games to keep players outside the 17 fit.. Have we had any yet or are any planned?
Haven't heard of any but we might not have enough numbers to do it.

Tass, Stimson, Hoppa and Elliott are all long term injured and a lot of the fringe players have been getting game time.

Only Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Winters-Chang, Harding, Doorey and Topine haven't played footy in the last month and out of that bunch only Sione Katoa and Doorey are probably the only chance of getting game time.