Official Message from Andrew Hill

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
wow.........said a whole lot of fuck all in that press release.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m surprised....surprised how little we’ve progressed under Pay.
Had high hopes back in 2018 too of a different style of play to Desball, particularly as Pay said the following back in September 2017....

"The last eight years I've worked with Craig Bellamy down in Melbourne and Ricky Stuart (in Canberra) so I've taken a lot from both coaches and I've got my own thoughts on the game," Pay said.

"We'll play our own style of footy; we'll play Bulldogs footy next year. We won't be copping anyone that's for sure.

"I want to be a really aggressive team with our defence, and especially with our attack."

Asked if that meant a return to the "Dogs of War" mentality, which the club was famous for during the 1980s, Pay said: "Well, we want a bit of madness out of them, that's for sure."
Especially with our attack!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You’re setting the bar low mat. Personally, I’d want to aim higher than Holbrook
Well I could liken it to fucking around until there's nothing good left, kinda what the club is doing now with recruitment lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well I could liken it to fucking around until there's nothing good left, kinda what the club is doing now with recruitment lol
You can’t hold a gun to someone’s head to sign but I’d still like to aim high before signing the coach of the team 2 points higher than us and with more points scored against them

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A message from the CEO

Last week we were able to welcome back many of our Members, Fans and Corporate Partners to a Bulldogs home game for the first time in 2020, and it was fantastic to hear our Blue and White family cheering on the boys at Bankwest Stadium.

I want to thank you for your patience over the last two weeks as we launched the ticket redemption process for Member attendance. Although this process isn’t as easy as scanning your Membership card at the venue, it enables us to deliver a COVID-Safe stadium for all attendees.

Our next home game is in Round 12, and like you I can’t wait to face off against Parramatta - our local rivals - during Indigenous Round.

Member redemptions and ticket sales for this match will begin soon and we need all our Members to be there for this local derby and to turn ANZ Stadium into a sea of Blue and White.

On the topic of stadiums, as a club we were extremely disappointed by the NSW Government’s decision to cancel the redevelopment of ANZ Stadium and we’re currently working hard to get the best outcome for all our stakeholders.

If you would like to send us your thoughts on your favourite venue, game day experiences and preferred time slots, you can fill out the 'Match Day and Venue Experience' survey.

It’s great to see Luke Thompson settling in well with the team, training hard and getting ready to start this weekend against the Broncos. I’d also like to say congratulations to Dylan Napa for playing his 150th NRL game last weekend against South Sydney.

Unfortunately, I’m sad to say that Adam Elliott will be sidelined for up to 6 months as he recovers from shoulder surgery. From everyone here at Belmore – “Good Luck, Herb!”

Junior Rugby League is back on the 18th of July and it’s going to be fantastic to see our local boys and girls, the future of this club, getting back out on the park.

As always, I want to say thank you for your support of this club, especially as we move through these tough times. We’ve always been called the Family Club and Family sticks together.

There is a lot of noise around the Bulldogs at the moment and rightly so. We simply need to do better on- and off-the-field.

Everyone here at Belmore is working hard, sticking together and doing everything we can to move this club back to where we need to be – at the top of the NRL.

Regards
Andrew Hill
CEO
My opinion is based on a neutral none political belief as a Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs supporter !
As sad as it is...
Lack of on field success by the team
Lack of off field success by the management that is:
1. failure to rebuild the team for 2021 season by missing out on many players since December 2019.
2. losing Sponsors, TPAs, memberships and revenues
Has made the current administration " DEAD MAN WALKING "
No matter how much we sugar coat it !!!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I wish he said misery boofheads aren’t bulldogs fans

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lets start with this;
1. failure to rebuild the team for 2021 season by missing out on many players since December 2019.
Who exactly are the "many players" that have signed for another club for next year? The only one I can think of is Frizzle and he just wanted out of the StGeorge basket case and didn't want to wait a year until Flanno takes over.

Source ; https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/player-movements/

The Broncos haven't signed anyone at all
The Raider haven't signed anyone at all
The Sharks haven't signed anyone at all
The Titans haven't signed anyone of note, I don't consider CThompson to be of note and I can't spell Fa'asuamaleaui
The Sea Eagles haven't signed anyone at all
The Storm haven't signed anyone at all
The Warriors haven't signed anyone of note, I don't consider Hetherington, Murchie or Murdoch-Masila to be of note
The Knights have signed Frizzle that's all
The Cowboys haven't signed anyone at all
The Eels haven't signed anyone of note from the NRL, although Rankin from Huddersfield might well turn out OK
The Panthers haven't signed anyone at all
The Rabbits have signed Arrow, but that deal was done a long time ago
The Dragons haven't signed anyone at all
The Roosters haven't signed anyone of note, I can't spell Faamausili either
The Tigers haven't signed anyone of note, with only, what's with these unspellable names, FFS Utoikamanu and Blore, phew at least I can spell that

Of course players have resigned, but changing clubs, we have by far the biggest signing in Thompson.

Go Dogs

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t hold a gun to someone’s head to sign but I’d still like to aim high before signing the coach of the team 2 points higher than us and with more points scored against them
just because they are two points above us doesnt mean they dont have players that without hesitate you wouldnt sign?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s learning the “pass to tolman on the 4th” play as we speak
And it'd be effective with Thompson getting the ball instead of Tolman. This is a problem with Tolman not the play. Every NRL team does it. Tolman is useless in the final third.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
disregard, i dont rate seibold, i misread your post

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Next;
2. losing Sponsors
Exactly which sponsors (plural) have we lost, we didn't actually have Rashays, can't lose what you never had. Even then they pulled the pin before they signed, due to ........... well we all know why and who and it wasn't the Board or the Coach.

We actually have full suite of corporate supporters, 17 in fact, so rather than losing sponsors (plural) we have a couple of new and many renewed for 2020.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Next;
2. losing ... TPAs
Exactly which TPA's have we lost?

Legally (as in NRL rules) we (as in the Bulldogs) aren't allowed to have any TPA's whatsoever. That's between the player and his advertiser/sponsor nothing at all to do with us.

Go Dogs

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
and dogs feeder club Cabramatta have pulled out of all junior competitions because of Covid, what a joke.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next;

Exactly which sponsors (plural) have we lost, we didn't actually have Rashays, can't lose what you never had. Even then they pulled the pin before they signed, due to ........... well we all know why and who and it wasn't the Board or the Coach.

We actually have full suite of corporate supporters, 17 in fact, so rather than losing sponsors (plural) we have a couple of new and many renewed for 2020.

Go Dogs
AromaticEmotionalBison-max-1mb.gif

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets start with this;

Who exactly are the "many players" that have signed for another club for next year? The only one I can think of is Frizzle and he just wanted out of the StGeorge basket case and didn't want to wait a year until Flanno takes over.

Source ; https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/player-movements/

The Broncos haven't signed anyone at all
The Raider haven't signed anyone at all
The Sharks haven't signed anyone at all
The Titans haven't signed anyone of note, I don't consider CThompson to be of note and I can't spell Fa'asuamaleaui
The Sea Eagles haven't signed anyone at all
The Storm haven't signed anyone at all
The Warriors haven't signed anyone of note, I don't consider Hetherington, Murchie or Murdoch-Masila to be of note
The Knights have signed Frizzle that's all
The Eels haven't signed anyone of note from the NRL, although Rankin from Huddersfield might well turn out OK
The Panthers haven't signed anyone at all
The Rabbits have signed Arrow, but that deal was done a long time ago
The Dragons haven't signed anyone at all
The Roosters haven't signed anyone of note, I can't spell Faamausili either
The Tigers haven't signed anyone of note, with only, what's with these unspellable names, FFS Utoikamanu and Blore, phew at least I can spell that

Of course players have resigned, but changing clubs, we have by far the biggest signing in Thompson.

Go Dogs
giphy (14).gif

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next;

Go Dogs
You’re kidding aren’t you?
We lost
Kia
Jaycar
Wicked Sista
Contrary to your support of this current administration, it is directly the reason these sponsors gave short shrift.
You better tell your colleagues in the Corporate sponsorship relationship to get their act together as Sydney Tools are less than impressed...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We lost
Kia
Jaycar
Wicked Sista
Contrary to your support of this current administration, it is directly the reason these sponsors gave short shrift.
You better tell your colleagues in the Corporate sponsorship relationship to get their act together as Sydney Tools are less than impressed...
There’s a few other minor sponsors like MPA and another that escapes my mind that have left this year. Fair play to the club for replacing the sponsors that have left but it would be very interesting to see the amount the replacement sponsors are paying compared to the old ones. We only see a sponsorship figure as a whole in the annual report and it’s been declining steadily with each of the last few seasons.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't have any colleagues in corporate sponsorship, but I'm more than happy to pass on anything regarding relationships issues, my PM inbox awaits.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost
Kia
Jaycar
Wicked Sista
There’s a few other minor sponsors like MPA and another that escapes my mind that have left this year. Fair play to the club for replacing the sponsors that have left but it would be very interesting to see the amount the replacement sponsors are paying compared to the old ones. We only see a sponsorship figure as a whole in the annual report and it’s been declining steadily with each of the last few seasons.
For completeness;
MPA is still a corporate partner.

As is KIA, who weren't lost but downgraded and went to the Donkeys where they WERE (past tense) guaranteed more FTA TV prime time. That maybe an ooops on their behalf.

As we all know Jaycar (replaced by Rashays until dicks were set free) and Wicked Sister (replaced by upgrades with Ultimate Security and others) were casualties of the Mad Monday (more dicks set free) journo's set up. The reasons for losing sponsors seems to have a common theme.

Go Dogs