Andrew Webster (SMH)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not so long ago Elliott was hounded by the media over the sweet Caroline incident. Now that it suits their narrative, he's an aspiring origin star. If there is one thing I can trust of league journalists, it's that they'll talk whatever shit they like if it might sell one more copy of their toilet paper.

I haven't seen a single reputable source quoted about the boards supposed infighting. Each reporter seems to assume that the other reporters have inside information and reliable sources. But it's probably Chinese whispers with regards to the supposed infighting. I'd assume that the board members do have different opinions on many occasions as you'd expect. But externally it's not visible that schisms are there.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It isn't loser mentality because I go into every game knowing we have at least 1% chance we can win the game (% is obviously dependent on calibre of team we're playing). This is just realistic expectations.
Part of coaching involves instilling confidence into the players and making improvements, you do know that right

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure. Fine. In a literal sense, people have said 'no one' has improved, I stand corrected if you want to take it word for word.

But what I take out of what everyone is saying is this:
We have gone from average points scored in 2018 from ~17ppg, to 2019 ~12ppg to 2020 ~10.8ppg. (These are estimated without bothering to go back and find the source)
Our defense has gone backwards and more players have regressed than progressed.
Sure, Adam Elliott (Who is in a contract year by the way - Very convenient) is 1 of a 30 player squad (Thats 3.33%) that is improved.
Players who have gone backwards include: Josh Jackson, Reimis Smith, Lachlan Lewis (If you ever rated him), DWZ, Kieran Foran (When he plays is not the player he was when he played last year), Dylan Napa... I can keep going.
You might even say JMK improved slightly (he still isnt where he should be) but this is stretching to say 2 players out of 30 have improved.

So realistically, based on a net position, no one has improved.
I used Elliott as an example because he is "one" which disproves the "no one" claims, one that is hard to argue hasn't improved even for the whinging negative nellies. I can easily put up my opinion of those that have improved in my view, for example RFM and To'omaga I see improvements in many aspects of their games. Just like CHN, he was much improved for us last year over his form previously, if only he'd kept his dick in his pants we might have seen even more improvement this year. Wakeham is another, he's coming along very nicely and was promoted at probably the right time for him to show it. IMHO Meaney is much better on the wing than he was when he came on board. I'd agree with you on JMK, tries his guts out every week, plays himself to a standstill, can't knock his effort. Hopoate, is well Hopoate, solid reliable hardly ever plays a bad game, I don't think anyone would say that he has regressed.

I don't think we can escape the reality that we have a lot of players that simply don't have any improvement in them, they have plateaued. Ogden is my prime example of that, he occasionally show promise but then his training and conditioning discipline lets him down. Jackson I don't think has regressed as a player, I think he just suffers from the burden of being captain. I don't think he has been the playing at the same level since he took over the job. Some people thrive when they are made captain but to me it looks like an extra weight that he has to carry.

All just my opinion of course.
Go Dogs

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It isn't loser mentality because I go into every game knowing we have at least 1% chance we can win the game (% is obviously dependent on calibre of team we're playing). This is just realistic expectations.
So in a two horse race you are only giving us a 1% chance. Wow we should just take the club to Dubbo and let coach pay lead us to the group 11 semi finals!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Part of coaching involves instilling confidence into the players and making improvements, you do know that right
I'm not the coach? If I was the coach or a player I would be delusional to the realistic expectations.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are you serious? Taboo is respectfully trying to say let's agree to disagree and you call him an idiot. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
He can't handle the truth.

"used to express politeness to mitigate the effect of a refusal or disagreement."

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So in a two horse race you are only giving us a 1% chance. Wow we should just take the club to Dubbo and let coach pay lead us to the group 11 semi finals!!
That doesn't even make sense.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't consider myself and many others on here as being "a propaganda cheer squad", for myself I just express my opinion and support it with facts and data whenever available. I'm sure as hell not "sitting back" and when it comes time to vote I will. But bleating on with endless negativity in a fan forum without any knowledge of what is actually happening, aside from bullshit journo's reports, is not just a waste of time but totally anti fan. FWIW there are plenty of reasons for our current state, very few if any are excuses.

Go Dogs
Get off your high horse and don’t be a hypocrite. If you don’t want to be pigeon holed and stereotyped don’t do it others.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't seen a single reputable source quoted about the boards supposed infighting. Each reporter seems to assume that the other reporters have inside information and reliable sources. But it's probably Chinese whispers with regards to the supposed infighting. I'd assume that the board members do have different opinions on many occasions as you'd expect. But externally it's not visible that schisms are there.
At several games this year I have spoken to a number of sponsors/advertisers/partners and Football Club Board Members and I have felt not a hint of infighting. As a group the sponsors/advertisers are happy with the exposure they get on Fox, the sports news, in publications etc. But it's a big jump up to naming rights sponsor/advertiser/partner and they would be looking for FTA TV to justify the asking price and we aren't likely to get much of that this year.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Get off your high horse and don’t be a hypocrite. If you don’t want to be pigeon holed and stereotyped don’t do it others.
I tried to ride a horse once and fell off, as a result I have avoided them ever since.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Supporters don't generally accept everything that happens in the coaching and/or management of their team.

All teams face concern, derision, praise, questioning of their teams fortunes.

I'd like to ask about Renouf T and the coaches use of him in his game plan.

Who is the better player? Same position so as near as possible like for like?

Toomaga or Britt? Which player, does TK think, would most coaches want in their team?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I tried to ride a horse once and fell off, as a result I have avoided them ever since.

Go Dogs
Did you bump your head when you fell? It would explain a lot. ;)

Or did you fall off the Kenneler named Horse when you two were celebrating our great start to the season? Did you guys slip on some of the champagne you popped everywhere?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like it or not the andersons are doing a terrible job with the club ,rarely have i seen our once proud club such a laughing stock on and off the field ,this is what parra used to be like not the dogs.