News Bulldogs set to make call on coach Dean Pay’s future

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling that we will have to put up with the same shit for another year...
There is only rejects left at the Broncos no thanks!
Excluding Fafita of course but that wont happen.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling that we will have to put up with the same shit for another year...
There is only reject left at the Broncos no thanks!
Excluding Fafita of course but that wont happen.
Once there was so many re-signings till the end of 21 I had a feeling they were kicking the can down the road.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Could be just the start of the speculation Brent Read was saying on Triple M tonight that the Dogs are thinking about re-signing Pay for a year because they prefer the off contract coaches at the end of 21.
Which makes sense to me.
Holbrook and Fitzgibbon are both available in 2022 for example - not that Holbrook is setting the world on fire so far but early days. I hope it’s not Bennett nor Flanagan and don’t think Bellamy would come. Who else is available for ‘22 - I haven’t checked.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol Pay is a genius, coach that has shown nothing , not wanted , signed for his 4th year .

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question IS, does Pay deserve to have a few years in charge with actual talent?

I dont care what anyone says, even if Bellamy or Robinson were in charge of our team, this team would not make the 8.

They have all had spine players like Smith, Cronk, Munster, Slater, Tedesco, Keary just to name a few.

What will they so with a spine of Cogger, King Marshall, Lewis etc.

Seriously.

He showed in the back end of last year that he can coach. Part of the resurgence last season was the partnership Foran and CHN developed and that was gone.

Not much has gone right for him in terms of luck.

In saying that, the only question is, are star players not coming to us because of him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which makes sense to me.
Holbrook and Fitzgibbon are both available in 2022 for example - not that Holbrook is setting the world on fire so far but early days. I hope it’s not Bennett nor Flanagan and don’t think Bellamy would come. Who else is available for ‘22 - I haven’t checked.
Least there’s some thought behind what they are doing but it doesn’t bode well for what the clubs going to produce in 21. It’s basically another year on the scrap heap.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The question IS, does Pay deserve to have a few years in charge with actual talent?

I dont care what anyone says, even if Bellamy or Robinson were in charge of our team, this team would not make the 8.

They have all had spine players like Smith, Cronk, Munster, Slater, Tedesco, Keary just to name a few.

Seriously.

He showed in the back end of last year that he can coach. Part of the resurgence last season was the partnership Foran and CHN developed and that was gone.

In saying that, the only question is, are star players not coming to us because of him.
The answer of that last question is no. Nathan Brown (a worse win % than Pay) was able to recruit at the Knights who won multiple wooden spoons (a worse position than us).

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Next week looms as one of the most vital in Canterbury’s history as the club moves to sort out coach Dean Pay’s future and ramp up their pursuit of some marquee players for next season.

Next week looms as one of the most vital in Canterbury’s history.

A decision on coach Dean Pay’s future is expected to be made as early as next week as the Bulldogs look for some stability amid the ongoing uncertainty surrounding their head coach. Pay’s contract ends at the end of the year and with just one win to start the year the pressure is mounting even if their roster is inferior.

There is plenty of pressure building off the field too for the Bulldogs who are desperate to add some marquee players to their squad.

The club is also in discussions with a handful of companies regarding a major sponsor.

The Bulldogs are the only team without a front of jersey sponsor and want to have an outcome either way next week.

Canterbury are also hoping to get an answer from Canberra star Nick Cotric next week. Cotric’s team are pushing for a five-year deal to secure the 21-year-old.

The Bulldogs are also eyeing some potential castaways from the Broncos who may be forced to move some players on.

In some good news for the club, they have secured back-rower Raymond Faitala-Mariner for another two years.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/9035f948e8127f8fea09da3045611532
Been hearing Between Anthony griffin and Shaun Wayne as head coach Michael ennis as assistant coach. Nick Citric is a done deal. Also Alex Johnston is done deal. Souths are offloading Gagai for JAC.
Harry grant is a done deal as tigers can’t match $500k from the bulldogs.
Also Lachlan Lewis is off to Melbourne a player swap with one of there forwards.
Foran is getting a 1 year extension on around 500k. Elliot is off to st George on $650k.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Been hearing Between Anthony griffin and Shaun Wayne as head coach Michael ennis as assistant coach. Nick Citric is a done deal. Also Alex Johnston is done deal. Souths are offloading Gagai for JAC.
Also Lachlan Lewis is off to Melbourne a player swap with one of there forwards.
Foran is getting a 1 year extension on around 500k. Elliot is off to st George on $650k.
If this is anything near the mark WOW

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can you throw that many darts and still miss on everything?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which makes sense to me.
The board must be very close to spilling the beans publicly.
It’s going to be a meltdown on a grand scale don’t you worry about that mate.
Good players sighing up might soften the blow just a bit.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahaha i fucking wish. everything said in that post is too good to be true.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Next week looms as one of the most vital in Canterbury’s history as the club moves to sort out coach Dean Pay’s future and ramp up their pursuit of some marquee players for next season.

Next week looms as one of the most vital in Canterbury’s history.

A decision on coach Dean Pay’s future is expected to be made as early as next week as the Bulldogs look for some stability amid the ongoing uncertainty surrounding their head coach. Pay’s contract ends at the end of the year and with just one win to start the year the pressure is mounting even if their roster is inferior.

There is plenty of pressure building off the field too for the Bulldogs who are desperate to add some marquee players to their squad.

The club is also in discussions with a handful of companies regarding a major sponsor.

The Bulldogs are the only team without a front of jersey sponsor and want to have an outcome either way next week.

Canterbury are also hoping to get an answer from Canberra star Nick Cotric next week. Cotric’s team are pushing for a five-year deal to secure the 21-year-old.

The Bulldogs are also eyeing some potential castaways from the Broncos who may be forced to move some players on.

In some good news for the club, they have secured back-rower Raymond Faitala-Mariner for another two years.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/9035f948e8127f8fea09da3045611532
Hold on hold on hold on... just hold the phone... so next week we're going to make a decision on our coaches future, and as a result that is one of the most vital weeks in our history???

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The board must be very close to spilling the beans publicly.
It’s going to be a meltdown on a grand scale don’t you worry about that mate.
Good players sighing up might soften the blow just a bit.
Does anything soften the blow on TK?? :-).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Seriously.

No he does not and we deserve better, pretty simple.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free beers from the kennel to you sir Isaac, if you are correct

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol Pay is a genius, coach that has shown nothing , not wanted , signed for his 4th year .
You would think if the club wanted to continue to overachieving into 16th spot they would save some cash and just sign anyone on the kennel. I’d prefer to see @Nasheed in charge for a season then watching Pay go around again..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You would think if the club wanted to continue to overachieving into 16th spot they would save some cash and just sign anyone on the kennel. I’d prefer to see @Nasheed in charge for a season then watching Pay go around again..
i think i would have good success with the right support coaches around me and would definitely make changes.