Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Discussion Thread

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just reading that DWZ has the most errors in the nrl so far this season. This is probably a good time to give Meaney a go at full back.
DWZ reverts to the wing where he has played his best games for the dogs. Hopefully keep his errors down and get our sets started.
Meaneys job is to defuse bombs and push up in attack. They should both have simple jobs that are within the limits of there abilities.
Just an opinion.
In the games with DWZ at fullback this year we have looked terrible . I don’t think he has scored a try or set one up in his 4 games playing there . Having him and JMK as half of our spine is diabolical . If you keep doing the same things you get the same farkin results .

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My dose of reality is:

Home game for the Broncos. Home crowd.
Pressure on the Broncos to perform; and the media right behind them calling for a win.
Broncos have a better line up across the field, wiith speed and tactical kicking.
We will be targeted on the wings, where their tries will be scored.
Dogs are weakened with injuries
Thompson lacks game fitness, especially for the speed of NRL
Players not comfortable in their positions
Broncos should win but will be great to see Thompson make his debut for us. This is one of the bright spots for the dogs this season

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was just reading that DWZ has the most errors in the nrl so far this season. This is probably a good time to give Meaney a go at full back.
DWZ reverts to the wing where he has played his best games for the dogs. Hopefully keep his errors down and get our sets started.
Meaneys job is to defuse bombs and push up in attack. They should both have simple jobs that are within the limits of there abilities.
Just an opinion.
Thats just stupid, DWZ has atleast 5-10 more dropped balls in him at fullback. Best leave him there for the season.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im so over pay. Done. Over it. I hope every team puts a cricket score on us. So he gets sacked i hope its all down smiths edge as well.

Worst coach ever. Biggest idiot.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for coming early Luke Thompson, show us what you're made of.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for coming early Luke Thompson, show us what you're made of.
Being played out of position. Hes a prop not a lock. Wont be able to show his true value cause AGAIN PAY IS AN IDIOT.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At least Britt is getting a deserved demotion but yeah it’s hard to get excited about Smith coming back.
FMD Smith where’s the vomit icon!! **** will come in an emulate Britt with 15 missed tackles and 5 dropped balls.

Why aren’t we playing Doorey or Topine. Our coach is a drop kick

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Being played out of position. Hes a prop not a lock. Wont be able to show his true value cause AGAIN PAY IS AN IDIOT.
you obviously dont know that lock is the same position, they are called middles, the 3 players play together in attack and defence.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
FMD Smith where’s the vomit icon!! c*** will come in an emulate Britt with 15 missed tackles and 5 dropped balls.

Why aren’t we playing Doorey or Topine. Our coach is a drop kick
Our ruck defence always seems to cave in badly and get dominated with Smith on the field.

Pay loves him.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our ruck defence always seems to cave in badly and get dominated with Smith on the field.

Pay loves him.
Sad isn’t it. I was once on the Pay Bandwagon could do no wrong and was overachieving @bradyk but I’ve jumped off and clearly this bloke is out of his depth. I just wish the board would wake up.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you obviously dont know that lock is the same position, they are called middles, the 3 players play together in attack and defence.
Lol ok. Not the same position at all. A lock needs to have a certain set of skills. Go look at Jake from manly. He doesn't run hit ups mindlessly like props do. He has a pass and an offload. The skills needed differ and are crucial!

Maybe Thompson will do well there. I doubt it. He will be more effective as an 8 or 10 prop. Bench Nappa for him.

But hes played a running prop style all his career. Then pay plays him as a lock.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol ok. Not the same position at all. A lock needs to have a certain set of skills. Go look at Jake from manly. He doesn't run hit ups mindlessly like props do. He has a pass and an offload. The skills needed differ and are crucial!

Maybe Thompson will do well there. I doubt it. He will be more effective as an 8 or 10 prop. Bench Nappa for him.

But hes played a running prop style all his career. Then pay plays him as a lock.
it is the same position, 3 middles. all middles off load the ball out the back in certain plays, makes no difference what number he is playing.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If losing to the donkeys will ensure Pay doesn’t come back next year then I will happily accept the L and take it as a Win!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just saw that Chris Smith in the squad for Britt ‘exemptions’ what’s this carry on