BACK TO BELMORE: BULLDOGS EYE $250M UPGRADE

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh but I’m talking COE like the one that the panthers have (huge) and I assume the land at Liverpool Is large enough. Can’t imagine the Belmore one being anywhere near that level
it doesn't make sense to put that before an actual stadium that will bring mass revenue come game day..... has it helped panthers win a comp? we have one already, we dont need a "huge" one.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on the club for having a go but it’s a snow balls hell in chance of happening.
I dont know Spoonman. If the field runs parallel to the train line and you built a small limited multi story car park for say 500 cars (for corporate or anyone that wishes to pay a premium) and you could build a stadium that seats 15-20,000.

Added to that we could ask the State government to build a temporary rail platform that is only used on game days and there is plenty of room were I marked on the picture. If we pulled that off supporters and visitors could get the train from anywhere in Sydney right to the gate.

We have a block of dirt worth $100 million dollars as collateral so even if we borrowed the money from the state government we could build it and maybe do a share deal or rental deal with the Tigers or Dragons or possible with the A League as a stadium deal like we have at Homebush. With Homebush not going ahead this could be a very attractive option for the State Government.

Then we would have a fortress, and put to rest any suggestion ever or relocation or merging.

Capture9belmore.JPG

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i get what you are saying, however if Brookvale and other smaller teams are being put into consideration its a good reason to now put our hat in the mix. i think Liverpool will make sense (politically) with the sense of NSW government and there expansion of out west, it also makes more sense architecturally with not having to build around train tracks etc.
I'd love to have a modern stadium at Belmore but just can't see it happening. This looks like a attempt to get some positive news out for the club and there's a very good chance this is the first and last time we every hear about it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont know Spoonman. If the field runs parallel to the train line and you built a small limited multi story car park for say 500 cars (for corporate or anyone that wishes to pay a premium) and you could build a stadium that seats 15-20,000.

Added to that we could ask the State government to build a temporary rail platform that is only used on game days and there is plenty of room were I marked on the picture. If we pulled that off supporters and visitors could get the train from anywhere in Sydney right to the gate.

We have a block of dirt worth $100 million dollars as collateral so even if we borrowed the money from the state government we could build it and maybe do a share deal or rental deal with the Tigers or Dragons or possible with the A League as a stadium deal like we have at Homebush. With Homebush not going ahead this could be a very attractive option for the State Government.

Then we would have a fortress, and put to rest any suggestion ever or relocation or merging.

View attachment 15794
It's physically possible to do but there's still plenty of constraints in that area. Building a multi story car park adds to the expense and upgraded roads around the area would also add to the costs as they won't get approval without a traffic management plan.

Wouldn't the Dragons and Tigers be looking at getting this type of thing done at Kogarah and Campbelltown too? It all adds to the competition for getting funds and given Belmore is within 15km's of Bankwest, ANZ and the new SFS it's going to be real low on the priority list.

I'd love to see but just think its a pipe dream at Belmore I do think Liverpool is a real possibility though.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's physically possible to do but there's still plenty of constraints in that area. Building a multi story car park adds to the expense and upgraded roads around the area would also add to the costs as they won't get approval without a traffic management plan.

Wouldn't the Dragons and Tigers be looking at getting this type of thing done at Kogarah and Campbelltown too? It all adds to the competition for getting funds and given Belmore is within 15km's of Bankwest, ANZ and the new SFS it's going to be real low on the priority list.

I'd love to see but just think its a pipe dream at Belmore I do think Liverpool is a real possibility though.
Traffic management plan would need to be done regardless and the parking facility does not have to be that big in reality if we got the game day platform for the trains. Look at most grounds in Sydney there are no dedicated parking stations, even Bankwest has nothing on the actual site.

If we are relying on the money being gifted to us then its probably a pipe dream but a deal that the Government can use as another state project but we fund or borrow a large amount interest free would win plenty of votes.

I am not a fan of Liverpool for the ground and its probably better suited as a home for the West Tigers instead of Campbelltown.

P.S our Leagues club could certainly afford the repayments..

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 15794
I wouldn't be surprised if it actually does get a go ahead to tell you the truth.

Sydney metro South West which has funding of 12.5 billion. Belmore is going to be one of the major interchange hub for other modes.

The money from homebush is still there and is meant to be broken up multiple small infrastructure projects across the state.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Traffic management plan would need to be done regardless and the parking facility does not have to be that big in reality if we got the game day platform for the trains. Look at most grounds in Sydney there are no dedicated parking stations, even Bankwest has nothing on the actual site.

If we are relying on the money being gifted to us then its probably a pipe dream but a deal that the Government can use as another state project but we fund or borrow a large amount interest free would win plenty of votes.

I am not a fan of Liverpool for the ground and its probably better suited as a home for the West Tigers instead of Campbelltown.

P.S our Leagues club could certainly afford the repayments..
I'd vote against any Leagues Club or Football Club that would put us in the hole for any large amount for a stadium even if it's a interest free loan from the government. There's just no return on investment in doing it.

No one in Australia builds their own stadiums and the only club that has owns their ground has been the Sharks who have been a financial train wreck for their entire existence.

Just because the Leagues Club can afford it doesn't make it a good investment.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If I remember rightly from the tours 15+ years ago, the Liverpool sight is miles from the train station and any facilities such as restaurants, bars, pubs etc. It's arguably worse than Wankwest as far as nearby infrastructure is concerned and unlike Wankwest there's no leagues club close by either, let alone our leagues club. I spoke to quite a few people at the game last Sunday night (not all Bulldogs supporters) and everyone said the same thing, nice ground, shame about the location. FWIW Parra Leagues was charging $30 for parking, talk about highway robbery.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I remember rightly from the tours 15+ years ago, the Liverpool sight is miles from the train station and any facilities such as restaurants, bars, pubs etc. It's arguably worse than Wankwest as far as nearby infrastructure is concerned and unlike Wankwest there's no leagues club close by either, let alone our leagues club. I spoke to quite a few people at the game last Sunday night (not all Bulldogs supporters) and everyone said the same thing, nice ground, shame about the location. FWIW Parra Leagues was charging $30 for parking, talk about highway robbery.

Go Dogs
It’s not necessary that site in Liverpool that’s going to get used but a site that can be shared by more then one club is a lot more likely to get funded and somewhere around Liverpool fits the bill. Why would we give up the Liverpool site if we didn’t have to? It’s actually better for us if they don’t use it and we keep the property in our portfolio. I’m sure your highly extensive research of talking to a few people at the footy reflects the opinions of everyone.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 15794
I like your ideas and really hope something happens, but i dont think there would be a need for a game day platform. Belmore station literally is a 500m walk. they should just upgarde that station............................ultimately i cant see this happening and think we will end up at Bankwest

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belmore was a fortress no brainer going back home