News DEAN NOT PAYING OFF FOR BULLDOGS

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just a reminder to James Blooper...( I would like to reserve the naming rights :tearsofjoy: )
The current board not only released your beloved tigers Mbye and Woods they also released the Morris brothers and Klemmer.
But promised us they will rebuild the team for 2021:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally a truthful article about Pay instead of the poor victim shit we've sadly become accustomed to
600K for Cotric sounds about right. Personally I think we'll get him as I have a feeling the extra $100K and the fact that he can live in Sydney will get us over the line (remember he's 21 so the night life would be important to him)
Hopefully someone reminds him that in 2022 we will have a completely new team since 25 of the top 30 are off contract in the next 2 years. And of course, Pay wont be the coach.
IMO, the Raiders are overrated as I don't put them in the same category as the Storm, Roosters or even the slimy Eels. I think they overachieved last year by making the grand final (just like we did in 2014). I don't buy this crap that the raiders are now a perennial top 4 team and so it suits Cotric to stay with them
Even if that was the case, Cotric would still have to be playing well to make the origin side so his chances of playing Origin ultimately depend on his own personal form. Yes he's more likely to be picked if the side is playing well but at the end of the day he still has to perform

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So has pay been sacked yet?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A wooden spoon in year three of a rebuild with the worst attack in the comp two seasons in a row is a "realistic" expectation?

Your definition of a realist is very different to mine if that's the case.
God help us if it is a 5 years plan, we could be out of the comp by then :fearful::fearscream::frowning:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes been given lemons but hes shown he cannot make lemonade out of them.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Poor old Deano is totally lost, he’s picking all the backs out of position trying to put square pegs in round holes and he has continued on with Hasslers work of running Tolman on every single 4th tackle no matter where we are on the field or attacking position

our only bright spot who could make breaks has been dropped for the last 2 weeks, our best forward can barely get on the field, JMK seems undroppable even though Cogger played 100% better (and was then banished) and we have an actual dummy half Katoa who can not get a run at all

we have an actual fullback in meany who isn’t allowed off the wing where he provides fuckall, he’s not the greatest full back but he can catch a bomb and our best attacking winger in years in smith is now being played as the comps worst centre

And don’t get me started on Napa

when Pay said he was going to bring the madness I never thought he meant it in regards to team selections

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Finally a truthful article about Pay instead of the poor victim shit we've sadly become accustomed to
600K for Cotric sounds about right. Personally I think we'll get him as I have a feeling the extra $100K and the fact that he can live in Sydney will get us over the line (remember he's 21 so the night life would be important to him)
Hopefully someone reminds him that in 2022 we will have a completely new team since 25 of the top 30 are off contract in the next 2 years. And of course, Pay wont be the coach.
IMO, the Raiders are overrated as I don't put them in the same category as the Storm, Roosters or even the slimy Eels. I think they overachieved last year by making the grand final (just like we did in 2014). I don't buy this crap that the raiders are now a perennial top 4 team and so it suits Cotric to stay with them
Even if that was the case, Cotric would still have to be playing well to make the origin side so his chances of playing Origin ultimately depend on his own personal form. Yes he's more likely to be picked if the side is playing well but at the end of the day he still has to perform
Agree they were just an inform team based purely on effort and some newly found explosive ball runners in Papalii (in the middle) Bateman and Wighton. They are struggling now and it's evident in the fact that Croker has only scored one try this season... They are not really a structured team and not dominating the middle hasn't given them the space they need on the edges

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nathan Brown had a 26% win rate at the Knights (more than half a year with a competitive roster, almost one and a half years with Ponga and Pearce). That's worse than Pay's 34% win rate.

I couldn't tell you where we were expected to finish in 2018 (I do know we lost multiple players during the season) but I do know in 2019 we were tipped for the wooden spoon. We lost multiple players at the end of the 2018 season, the Morris brothers and Klemmer (not replaced). Even tho we were tipped for the wooden spoon in 2019 the team and Pay were able to finish 12th and three points outside the eight. From being tipped to finish wooden spooners that's an over achievement (not debatable). Even with this finish, due to no recruitment (nothing meaningful) and actually instead losing two players (CHN and Okunbor) who would of made the starting 13 we were tipped to come 15th in 2020. We also have to remember teams that under performed in 2019 still have a better roster on paper than us as well as other clubs recruiting (e.g. Tigers and Cowboys). To make things worse we lost two of our best and most influential players, Hopoate and Elliott (out for the season). This season is going as expected and the only thing we have to do (meet expectations) is avoid the wooden spoon (same as last year and why Pay was extended). We haven't been favourites to win any game we've played but we've come away with one win (the Dragons, who are better than us on paper).

Why have we scored an average of 14.1* points per game?

Our spine consists of Hopoate (injured), Foran, Wakeham and JMK. DWZ and Lewis have also been in the spine. That's one of the worst spines in the NRL. Foran has been injured for 1/3 of the NRL games played during his time at the club (on big money). JMK is possibly the worst starting hooker in the NRL. Good players = Hopoate and Foran. Wakeham on potential.

Does it get better in the backs? Meaney, Reimis, Montoya and Crichton. Hopoate has also been in the backs. Three of these players are reserve grade wingers (fullback is regards to Meaney). We're so weak in the centres we're forced to play two wingers there. I don't need to say anymore. That's one of the worst back lines in the NRL. Good players = Hopoate. Reimis on potential.

How about the forwards? Tolman, Napa, RFM, Jackson and Elliott (injured). Tolman and Napa are the worst front row pairing in the NRL. Elliott is the only forward on ability that would make another top eight teams roster. Thompson should be a massive boost but we're yet to see him play in the NRL and he's going to cancel out Elliott being injured. Good players = Elliott and Thompson(?).

Even with one of, if not, the worst rosters in the NRL. This year we've played well more games than not. Eels, Dragons, Sharks and Rabbitohs. If we just had a top hooker and centre alone we'd be at least 4/8 (7th-11th on the NRL ladder). Even tho we're 1/8 you can't question the teams effort. The players are playing for the coach and while we don't have a competitive roster that's the most important thing. No ones saying Pay's a super coach but he's done a terrific job overall with the roster and cards he's been dealt so unless a top coach is available he deserves at least one more year and a chance with a competitive roster.

Last edited:

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Tedesco
2. Blake Ferguson
3. T Turbo
4. Wighton
5. JAC

Cotric wont be seeing origin anytime soon, be it playing for the raiders or dogs

Australian winger? lol TURN IT UP HOOPER

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Tedesco
2. Blake Ferguson
3. T Turbo
4. Wighton
5. JAC

Cotric wont be seeing origin anytime soon, be it playing for the raiders or dogs

Australian winger? lol TURN IT UP HOOPER
He's very close to Ferguson and is also a lot younger. Good chance Turbo will do his hammy again come selection time.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
N
Nathan Brown had a 26% win rate at the Knights (more than half a year with a competitive roster, almost one and a half years with Ponga and Pearce). That's worse than Pay's 34% win rate.

I couldn't tell you where we were expected to finish in 2018 (I do know we lost multiple players during the season) but I do know in 2019 we were tipped for the wooden spoon. We lost multiple players at the end of the 2018 season, the Morris brothers and Klemmer (not replaced). Even tho we were tipped for the wooden spoon in 2019 the team and Pay were able to finish 12th and three points outside the eight. From being tipped to finish wooden spooners that's an over achievement (not debatable). Even with this finish, due to no recruitment (nothing meaningful) and actually instead losing two players (CHN and Okunbor) who would of made the starting 13 we were tipped to come 15th in 2020. We also have to remember teams that under performed in 2019 still have a better roster on paper than us as well as other clubs recruiting (e.g. Tigers and Cowboys). To make things worse we lost two of our best and most influential players, Hopoate and Elliott (out for the season). This season is going as expected and the only thing we have to do (meet expectations) is avoid the wooden spoon (same as last year and why Pay was extended). We haven't been favourites to win any game we've played but we've come away with one win (the Dragons, who are better than us on paper).

Why have we scored an average of 17.8 points per game?

Our spine consists of Hopoate (injured), Foran, Wakeham and JMK. DWZ and Lewis have also been in the spine. That's one of the worst spines in the NRL. Foran has been injured for 1/3 of the NRL games played during his time at the club (on big money). JMK is possibly the worst starting hooker in the NRL. Good players = Hopoate and Foran. Wakeham on potential.

Does it get better in the backs? Meaney, Reimis, Montoya and Crichton. Hopoate has also been in the backs. Three of these players are reserve grade wingers (fullback is regards to Meaney). We're so weak in the centres we're forced to play two wingers there. I don't need to say anymore. That's one of the worst back lines in the NRL. Good players = Hopoate. Reimis on potential.

How about the forwards? Tolman, Napa, RFM, Jackson and Elliott (injured). Tolman and Napa are the worst front row pairing in the NRL. Elliott is the only forward on ability that would make another top eight teams roster. Thompson should be a massive boost but we're yet to see him play in the NRL and he's going to cancel out Elliott being injured. Good players = Elliott and Thompson(?).

Even with one of, if not, the worst rosters in the NRL. This year we've played well more games than not. Eels, Dragons, Sharks and Rabbitohs. If we just had a top hooker and centre alone we'd be at least 4/8 (7th-11th on the NRL ladder). Even tho we're 1/8 you can't question the teams effort. The players are playing for the coach and while we don't have a competitive roster that's the most important thing. No ones saying Pay's a super coach but he's done a terrific job overall with the roster and cards he's been dealt so unless a top coach is available he deserves at least one more year and a chance with a competitive roster.
No excuses Knights team was pure fucking shit, worse than anything we've ever dished up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
N

No excuses Knights team was pure fucking shit, worse than anything we've ever dished up.
We have a better base to work with and more money/players to add to that in the first year (2021). After seeing what they were able to do that's why there's light at the end of the tunnel. If Pay fails to meet expectations with a competitive roster he'll get the same outcome as Nathan Brown. If you or someone else mentions recruitment that's on the board (just saying in advance).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Why have we scored an average of 17.8 points per game?

Fairly solid post Bradmiester and some strong points... I know you hate being wrong so just tell me quickly how did you get we score an avg 17.8 points a game? I just did some “quik mafs” and didn’t get anywhere near that.. even to the naked eye that would have to be questioned right?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fairly solid post Bradmiester and some strong points... I know you hate being wrong so just tell me quickly how did you get we score an avg 17.8 points a game? I just did some “quik mafs” and didn’t get anywhere near that.. even to the naked eye that would have to be questioned right?
My bad. I didn't read the article properly. 14.1 points average over the past three seasons. It doesn't really change the point I was making.