BACK TO BELMORE: BULLDOGS EYE $250M UPGRADE

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A 25000 seater would be perfect. Hopefully they can marry it in with the metro line and get direct access into the ground from Belmore station. Now that'll be a first. I'm still doubtful. Could be a publicity stunt to make us look all rosy.
Of course it’s a publicity stunt. They are just trying to deflect attention away from what is really happening now! Nice try board, but you’re not fooling us.
What about parking? Lol

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is very possible and indeed exciting news. We should all show great support for the upgrade of Belmore Sports Ground. It is the very reason why we are long life bulldogs supporters.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wish it will happen but it won't.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
why cah they build carspaces underground?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Liverpool option has made the most sense for 20 years now.

I love Belmore, but we've grown out of it.
Liverpool is also a much better chance of securing government funding as the Tigers and new A league team out there can use it too.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad they're looking into it. I don't see how it would be feasible with the limitations at Belmore but it's worth a try..

The government isn't going to hand out that kind of money though after the fiasco with the SFS rebuild and after Covid.. They're more likely to say just play at Bankwest..
Stadiums create jobs and local businesses benefit from the needs of daily workers, it might be part of a broader plan to stimulate the economy.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stadiums create jobs and local businesses benefit from the needs of daily workers, it might be part of a broader plan to stimulate the economy.
Whilst there's some truth to that they're not going to fund development of a suburban ground for 1 club as opposed to a metro ground that will be used far more

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless they can buy a tonne of homes next door to each other for "several" multi storey car parks can't see it working. Streets too thin, crammed at Belmore. To get 25,000 in and out of those tiny corridors would take 4 hours. Hemmed in by the train line at one end. Liverpool is a much better option
Bullshit, never had any problems back in the 80s or early nineties with 20,000 plus crowds then.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I’m pretty sure I said early in year a upgrade for belmore.... rotate the field 90deg have to purchase a couple of houses.... love being right all the time

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: can have underground park beneath field.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phark junkiepool

Belmore is best
Unless they can buy a tonne of homes next door to each other for "several" multi storey car parks can't see it working. Streets too thin, crammed at Belmore. To get 25,000 in and out of those tiny corridors would take 4 hours. Hemmed in by the train line at one end. Liverpool is a much better option

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds great...just as long as theres the appropriate planning involved especially with the train tracks.. maeklong-train-market[6].jpg

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would we want to play at belmore? Is getting smacked there twice a year not enough?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol nah am good

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We used to get 20k into belmore very easy,getting in and out was never the problem,the problem was the thugs,who were causing trouble during and after games,certainly the toilets and catering facilities are in diabolical state,but with government assistance it could be a great 20k all seater stadium.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Club really out here trying to distract us from their failures with this feel good article