• Poll closed .

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He has 3 offers on the table and only wants to sign a 1 year contract so he can get rid of his manager.

I don't think he's worth that but if I were him I'd join the Titans.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is the reason for 1 year really to get rid of his manager? WTF?

If I were him I would stay the fuck away from the Titans, unless all he cares about is a few hundred thouand dollars in the short term that is. The Titans are never going to be good and going there can only hurt his career longterm.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Titans are on par with broncos on performance atm and building with holbrook and $550k a year more it aint rocket science but it depends how many boats mummy is getting

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is the reason for 1 year really to get rid of his manager? WTF?

If I were him I would stay the fuck away from the Titans, unless all he cares about is a few hundred thouand dollars in the short term that is. The Titans are never going to be good and going there can only hurt his career longterm.
Yep, apparently his current manager gets a cut of his next contract so he only wants to sign a 1 year contract then he can get rid of him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Money and lifestyle I'd pick the Gold Coast.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whatever the case he should make a decision soon. If he turns down an extra 500k for a season and the NRL sign off on it, then they've stooped to new lows of corruption.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Whatever the case he should make a decision soon. If he turns down an extra 500k for a season and the NRL sign off on it, then they've stooped to new lows of corruption.
How is it corruption? Not everything is about money.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Goldcoast has a history of underachieving...... The 2 matches that they've won doesn't change anything. I don't understand how they're a better than option than us, yes we're going through a rough patch but history shows that we're always competitive.... Sooner we sack our coach the better.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Goldcoast has a history of underachieving...... The 2 matches that they've won doesn't change anything. I don't understand how they're a better than option than us, yes we're going through a rough patch but history shows that we're always competitive.... Sooner we sack our coach the better.
He's a Queenslander and his family is there so I understand.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is it corruption? Not everything is about money.
500k a season though? It's not like he's leaving a premiership winning club. Brisbane are as big a rabble as the Titans. What is his motivation to stay for so much less?

Regardless of what Fifita's motivation is, how can the NRL approve a deal where a player accepts so much less than his "market value"?

They didn't approve the Folau deal for the same reason. I don't see how teams like us or the Titans are ever supposed to become a force if they literally offer nearly double for a player and still can't sign them.

If this isn't proof that the system is flawed then I don't know what is.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give holbrook a full season and another offseason along with his last one he just had, then we'll see his fruits. Already small signs of vast improvement.

Last edited:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't the Roosters make an offer?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a Queenslander and his family is there so I understand.
I get the qld part but but he is going to a club that's a graveyard for player careers... Proctor, Peachey, Boyd, Idris, Peats, Leilani Latu, Hurrell, Ryley Jack's, Dave Taylor

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
I get the qld part but but he is going to a club that's a graveyard for player careers... Proctor, Peachey, Boyd, Idris, Peats, Leilani Latu, Hurrell, Ryley Jack's, Dave Taylor
Cartwright, Kelly, Taylor, Watkins, Wallace etc.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Titans.
Because he wants To stay local And there's big money there.

dynasties come and go and there's no reason why the titans can't be a powerhouse club in even two years. Seems unlikely but things change.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
500k a season though? It's not like he's leaving a premiership winning club. Brisbane are as big a rabble as the Titans. What is his motivation to stay for so much less?

Regardless of what Fifita's motivation is, how can the NRL approve a deal where a player accepts so much less than his "market value"?

They didn't approve the Folau deal for the same reason. I don't see how teams like us or the Titans are ever supposed to become a force if they literally offer nearly double for a player and still can't sign them.

If this isn't proof that the system is flawed then I don't know what is.
The NRL should not have the power to reject any contract a player signs with a club.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Some players only care about money. That's their perogative.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Bullfrog would get him over the line ..