News Daley urges Cotric to stay at Canberra for less

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
750k for 3 seasons?! Or 750k a year for 3 seasons?
The latter. To be honest whilst Cotric is a quality young player we already have one winger who thinks he's a centre, we don't need to sign another for that sort of coin

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The latter. To be honest whilst Cotric is a quality young player we already have one winger who thinks he's a centre, we don't need to sign another for that sort of coin
I think Cotric is well suited to centre, explosive power, fend, etc. He so dominated the lower grades playing there. Smith on the other hand is an out and out winger, even if he did spend time playing centre previously. No where near elusive enough.

Anyway I'm sure is shit not paying 750k for Cotric lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I saw it taking us 700k a while back to lure Cotric (I'd be happy for us to pay 700k). Not sure how I feel about 750k. I'd probably pass.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think we are master negotiators at the Dogs but I don't think even we would offer him that. Sounds like Ayoub has thrown it out there to milk more cash out of the Raiders.

$750k is too stupid to be believable.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is a centre though ... Only people who have seen him in FG think he's a winger

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really isnt rocket science.. the big elephant in the room is our spine and they want to continue to try to recruit forwards and outside backs to big cash..

When are they going to address the spine??..
To be fair they have tried to sign Koroisau and Grant but have failed . Even the board are not dumb enough to realise we need a hooker.

But it’s one thing to recognise it and another thing to fix it . We do need outside backs as well and at the moment there are more of them available than spine players

But Cotric at $750k is crazy . It will eat up the coin to sign the spine players you are referring to

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why don't you pay him then Daley? The man wants his money and if its given to him he should take it like many others have...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Cotric is well suited to centre, explosive power, fend, etc. He so dominated the lower grades playing there. Smith on the other hand is an out and out winger, even if he did spend time playing centre previously. No where near elusive enough.

Anyway I'm sure is shit not paying 750k for Cotric lol.
I'd pay 750k but that's just me, we can manage around the cap with the squad being 26 and that we have Tolman and Foran off contract and no elite halves on the market. But yeah he's powerful has a good fend everything you want in a right centre imo as shit sides like us find it really difficult to construct a solid set play from left to right. Having the powerful point of difference in attack there helps massively.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No point signing him for any price, it's not like he will get the ball from our spine.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd pay 750k but that's just me, we can manage around the cap with the squad being 26 and that we have Tolman and Foran off contract and no elite halves on the market. But yeah he's powerful has a good fend everything you want in a right centre imo as shit sides like us find it really difficult to construct a solid set play from left to right. Having the powerful point of difference in attack there helps massively.
I don't mind paying extra for Cotric but there's over paying and then there's offering him $750k. It might not bite us next year but in 2 years time it could let's say Schoupp or Alamoti burst onto the scene we are stuffed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
600k absolute max, maybe 650k if we already nailed down a key signing or two and had the spare cash.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When is this club going to realize they need to buy spine players before even thinking about making an offer for any other position.
I've had it with this dumb club!

Paying overs for quality spine players who are not injury prone are overs that are well spent.

Throw the bloody kitchen sink at Harry Grant as your no.9(Tell him to name his price), groom Averillo for no.6, Hoppa at fullback and Wakeham at 7. Then buy a strike center.
Settle on your spine and give them a bloody whole season to gel and embed their feet in FG.
It's not bloody hard, then watch us rebuild properly.

And get rid of the junk(Montoya, Holland, Tolman etc)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
600k absolute max, maybe 650k if we already nailed down a key signing or two and had the spare cash.
That's the main issue for sure. I don't see us signing many other quality players, would rather us pay this then fill the squad with Katoa and Britt type signings. Topine, Schoupp and other highly rated youngsters should fill out our top 26. Given our situation I'd prefer 750k for 2 years then asses options, but if he wants 3...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't mind paying extra for Cotric but there's over paying and then there's offering him $750k. It might not bite us next year but in 2 years time it could let's say Schoupp or Alamoti burst onto the scene we are stuffed.
Agree however Schoupp did have a post on his insta made a comment to one of his mates about being a big winger now lol. Was on a pic of him training, but not sure if it was tongue and cheek. But yeah I have issued that concern before, why I'm so pissed that Schoupp isn't available for selection :(.
Screenshot_20200708-132154.png

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I urge Daley to suck a cock.

Raiders always competing? Has he forgot the last couple decades?

Had no problem poaching tapine, sezer, scott half of England etc.

I was actually happy to see the raiders go well last year. One of those teams it’s good to see do alright when your teams ficked cause they been irrelevant for so long.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree however Schoupp did have a post on his insta made a comment to one of his mates about being a big winger now lol. Was on a pic of him training, but not sure if it was tongue and cheek. But yeah I have issued that concern before, why I'm so pissed that Schoupp isn't available for selection :(.
View attachment 15775
A winger? I'd expect him to move to the backrow before wing haha.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A winger? I'd expect him to move to the backrow before wing haha.
Agree, hoping he's taking the piss. Pay loves having lots of wingers so maybe mastercoach told him he'd be converted to one lol.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I urge Daley to suck a cock.

Raiders always competing? Has he forgot the last couple decades?

Had no problem poaching tapine, sezer, scott half of England etc.

I was actually happy to see the raiders go well last year. One of those teams it’s good to see do alright when your teams ficked cause they been irrelevant for so long.
That's right everyone forgetting how shit they have been. They are a bottom 8 side now without Bateman imo.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daley should put his money where his mouth is.... If Canberra miss the semis while Cotric is there then Daley can chip in the money that Cotric will lose

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol Canberra are all of a sudden a consistently strong side after one GF appearance in almost 25 years??

Bulldogs 95, 98 2004, 12 and 14

At least win a recent premiership before talking up up your team. Suck on a fat one Daley.