Ch 9 News (inc DannyW) David Fifita is gone’: Broncos look ready to lose superstar forward as cap hole deepens

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In what universe would a 20 year old accept $500k less than what another employer is offering?
Why aren’t we throwing 2 million at him for next season? Let’s face it the market isn’t great what’s left and if we get him here that’s half the battle to sign him long term in 2022.

Better then watching Britt and Co frig around!!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
apparently back flipped and staying at broncos now

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we not have any TPA’s anymore? Surely we can muster together the best financial package that the Broncos can’t match?
Fifita and Thompson could be the game changers we need badly to a pedestrian forward pack

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fifita could be our version of what Roy Asotasi was to the Rabbitohs.

But I am not in the slightest confident!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fifita seems like a absolute punish to deal with if his contract negotiations are anything to go by. If the Dogs did manage to sign him he would be odds on of getting "homesick" a year or two into the deal.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s with these NRL players and their need to be close to home?
Firstly moving to GC from Brisbane isn’t that close and you’d be doing a heck of a lot of driving. You’d think they were being asked to move to a 3rd world country.
Homesickness is just a negotiating tactic IMO

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can this guy just sign already so we can get it over and done with. I'm sick of reading about a player who is NEVER coming. There's nothing more annoying than a contract negotiation that takes months to resolve itself.
Damn Broncos and all their crap. The reason Pay has been able to escape media scrutiny is because of all the Broncos crap - this story included. I'm sick of hearing about the Broncos everyday.
Sack Siebold, resign Fifita and move on so the media can then focus on us and getting the Pay/Board issue resolved.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That universe doesn't exist. Do you really believe his staying for 500k less. Andrew Gee ring a bell.
In what universe would a 20 year old accept $500k less than what another employer is offering?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The old broncos thoroughbreds coming to the parry id say lol ill never forget barba breaking his contract with us to go there

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What’s with these NRL players and their need to be close to home?
Firstly moving to GC from Brisbane isn’t that close and you’d be doing a heck of a lot of driving. You’d think they were being asked to move to a 3rd world country.
Homesickness is just a negotiating tactic IMO
yeah its pathetic, trust me.
You have whatsapp and zoom and shit and with the dxtra cash you can take an hour plane ride which whwn factorin in driving to aurport is just like driving from the cbd to newcastle. Its soft.
i understand an 18 yr old but there are places in this world where its the standard to go explore after high school.
white zimbabweans all do it and in a way americans as well with the whole college campus routine.

In fifitas case he would still return constantly either to play footy or have enough break to be with fam.
All he would need to do is requerst a couple of extra days in brisbane when they play the gc OR BRONCS after the game.

He has a chance to make more money than the superstars ever achieve in our game if the 1.2 is correct. Only 3 players have made that money before now. Cherry evans, Foran and ben Hunt. Only one player DCE has made more (1.3mil).

He can leapfrog even thurston and smith.

not bad for an islander from the outer sticks of brisbane.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talk of him staying at broncos for $550k a year less lol reminds me of locky being on the books years ago $250k

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
does he habe a manager? manager would be ropable at that.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
if titans are offering a mil n bronbcs 500, with TPA adjustments its probably still 300 short a year. Titans would probabky have somer tpas too.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I take it he has a new boat next to his new car outside his new house lol