SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
its more the fact that we didn't sign

korisau
grant
robson
brailley

and ended up with katoa....

you know cause Aunty Lynne and Uncle Chris did say, that even though we cant sign "established players" they would push to sign the best prospects in the lower grade, but ended up with zero....

Jun 27, 2018 - THEY cant sign a marquee player for years, so Canterbury will instead search for the best young talent in every country that plays the game according to Lynne Anderson.

before you try and be sarcastic about the katoa signing maybe look at the in depth reason about why people questioned it in the first place.
So you are saying he was signed for depth?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From what I saw of him in the trials he is the best dummy half @ the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its always the same on here, if you play poorly they want you dropped then bought back the week after when the replacement was worse.
Many will be blowing up when Lewis comes back in and personally id like to see him play at lock now that Adam E is injured but i know the reaction that will bring on here.
Its a tough year again & we just have to roll with the punches & sadly expect to finish last
I’d actually play him mate to see if it sparks something but just saying people were blowing up when we bought him but now want him to play

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and sadly there are probably 20 fans on here that would be ranked second best hooker at our club at present
From what I saw of him in the trials he is the best dummy half @ the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its always the same on here, if you play poorly they want you dropped then bought back the week after when the replacement was worse.
Many will be blowing up when Lewis comes back in and personally id like to see him play at lock now that Adam E is injured but i know the reaction that will bring on here.
Its a tough year again & we just have to roll with the punches & sadly expect to finish last
Lewis? WHAT?!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly mate. Elliott (or idiot as some disrespect lounge lizards who have never laced a boot called him) was the kennel scapegoat and worst player in the NRL but you watch if he leaves. He’ll be the next immortal, the one that got away etc.... Ahhh the kennel

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Katoa is just a average hooker and his biggest problem is over playing his hand in attack and it leading to brain explosion plays.

I doubt he's going to make much of a difference but seeing what we are getting out of JMK and Holland and the state of our season I don't see the harm in giving him a chance.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly mate. Elliott (or idiot as some disrespect lounge lizards who have never laced a boot called him) was the kennel scapegoat and worst player in the NRL but you watch if he leaves. He’ll be the next immortal, the one that got away etc.... Ahhh the kennel
adam idiot is shit, hope he leaves

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
he was signed cause they failed in signing a quality hooker...
I’d agree with that. I wouldn’t say Elliott is shit though

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Katoa is just a average hooker and his biggest problem is over playing his hand in attack and it leading to brain explosion plays.
Imagine a bulldogs hooker actually attacking! lol I'd rather him have a crack and have the odd brain explosion than the slow service with no vision we get from JMK :(

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Lewis ? Hahah

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Imagine a bulldogs hooker actually attacking! lol I'd rather him have a crack and have the odd brain explosion than the slow service with no vision we get from JMK :(
I'm in the same boat as you. I just don't see the point in persisting with JMK he's not developing at all so give someone else a chance.

The halves cop a lot of shit for our attack but JMK is just as big of a problem in that regard.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like discriminating due to his freedom of choice not to take flu jab

If he’s relying on match payments to top up his base salary then wouldn’t this be an employment issue as well i.e can’t say he’s not good enough when he hasn’t played a minute (officially) for us

A

Alexander the Great

I'm in the same boat as you. I just don't see the point in persisting with JMK he's not developing at all so give someone else a chance.

The halves cop a lot of shit for our attack but JMK is just as big of a problem in that regard.

Add holland off the bench and yeah we know the rest...

Last edited by a moderator: