Jackson

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
sadly jacko looks done, not playing like he was and now struggling with a team that is also struggling

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the Warriors need a hard nosed Aussie in there pack.. and we need a couple of young forwards in exchange
The Warriors have a couple of young hard forwards?? Who?? are they the Guys that wanna go home??

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are we blaming Jackson for being overpaid when we have over 3 million to spend and no one wants to come? No wonder loyalty is dead In league even the fans don’t like club legends staying at the club.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why are we blaming Jackson for being overpaid when we have over 3 million to spend and no one wants to come? No wonder loyalty is dead In league even the fans don’t like club legends staying at the club.
I certainly don't begrudge Jackson's wage but the truth is it's becoming harder and harder to find a position that suits his current skillset and attributes

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I certainly don't begrudge Jackson's wage but the truth is it's becoming harder and harder to find a position that suits his current skillset and attributes
Play him in the middle. Play him 50 mins or so and watch the bloke bust himself for the team. We shouldn’t be pushing club legends away especially when people are saying we need experience!! No accomplished star is rushing to take the Bulldogs money so we shouldn’t be complaining about how much we are paying him.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree that every team needs that gritty no frills forward and unfortunately we let go of Finucane instead of Jackson

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree that every team needs that gritty no frills forward and unfortunately we let go of Finucane instead of Jackson
I said that at the time and have said that so many times since. I’m glad it’s not just me. I love how Jacko plays the game but he’s lost pace and isn’t imposing. He is a bit short too. I hope this is his last contract with us. I would’ve given him only 2 years

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
middle forward -not full 80 minutes - would be far more suited - lacks the speed to regularly threaten on the edge but in the middle he can do the heavy defence n generally has quick play the ball

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I said that at the time and have said that so many times since. I’m glad it’s not just me. I love how Jacko plays the game but he’s lost pace and isn’t imposing. He is a bit short too. I hope this is his last contract with us. I would’ve given him only 2 years
I would have not extended any player until we decided on who will coach us long term to mitigate any risks that the next coach will inherit the same group of players delivering crap

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Play him in the middle. Play him 50 mins or so and watch the bloke bust himself for the team. We shouldn’t be pushing club legends away especially when people are saying we need experience!! No accomplished star is rushing to take the Bulldogs money so we shouldn’t be complaining about how much we are paying him.
Not saying we need to push him away but my the point that given the quicker game and where he is physically these days he's very quickly approaching plod level. He might be better as a middle but even as a middle I think he'd be an average NRL level 13 at best

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When was the last time he did anything in attack to help us win a game? Five seasons ago? We need more than these safety first players that offer nothing with the ball.
Don't make me sick !

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but some stay toooo long

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Captain Jackson tonight: 7 runs for 56 metres. 8 post contact metres. Zero tackle busts or offloads. One error. 36 tackles, 5 missed.

Good thing he's one of our highest paid players and we have him for three more seasons after this one..

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the many recruitment and retention issues the club has.

is this guy injured, dead set has gone backwards at an alarming rate the last 2 seasons.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he is playing injured.