Milking

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hate it.
Its soft.
Its a blight on the game.
Its always been there but it is out of control.
Its why I lost interest in soccer.

I think refs should penalize against it and place a 'soft cock' sticker on the offenders jersey for the remainder of the match.

Is it just me that hates it?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate it.
Its soft.

I think refs should penalize against it and place a 'soft cock' sticker on the offenders jersey for the remainder of the match.

I was watching my mates local soccer game today, and the amount of milking is ridiculous, they go down from a little touch, such drama queens .. a spectator from the sideline yelling .. did you take a dive class hahaha

but yes a blight on the game, but has its place if it’s done well and not so blatant, and if it goes for our team then we will take it lol.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate it.
Its soft.

If refs blew the infringement correctly, players wouldn’t bother. Further, the game is set up to encourage milking.

Case in point is Jakes tackle last week. Shoulder contact to the head is a penalty. Ref didn’t call it of course.

Jake being a proper footy player, played the ball to keep the game going. He was then down with the trainer for the rest of the set and half of the tigers set for which we defended with 12. Ref finally pulled it up, but if the Tigers scored early in the set it would’ve stood.

If Jake stayed down after the tackle, bunker would’ve checked it and adjudicated. Penalty dogs, we kick up field, get given time to replace Jake, and Tigers start their set further down field.

Obviously doesn’t change the result last week cos we were shit, but in a close game it could do. Thus milking happens.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If refs blew the infringement correctly, players wouldn’t bother. Further, the game is set up to encourage milking.

Case in point is Jakes tackle last week. Shoulder contact to the head is a penalty. Ref didn’t call it of course.

Jake being a proper footy player, played the ball to keep the game going. He was then down with the trainer for the rest of the set and half of the tigers set for which we defended with 12. Ref finally pulled it up, but if the Tigers scored early in the set it would’ve stood.

If Jake stayed down after the tackle, bunker would’ve checked it and adjudicated. Penalty dogs, we kick up field, get given time to replace Jake, and Tigers start their set further down field.

Obviously doesn’t change the result last week cos we were shit, but in a close game it could do. Thus milking happens.
yeah there seems to be different scenario of milking.

One being the attacking team in the process of playing the ball. Some times they will lock in a defenders arm around the ball. The defender wont pull his arm/hand out worried the attacking player might let go of the the ball reaping a penalty
Hard to officiate

Attacking team player getting to his feet to play the ball. Milking for a quick play of the ball. Locking in legs etc and carrying on like a child knowing the game has moved to fast pace and the refs are quick to call 6 again. You can hear refs calling milking. If a ref has made a decision/determining milking he should just penalize the attacking team for milking.
Easy to officiate

Blokes laying down for the sole purpose of vid ref review. I understand you cant determine whether a player is actually injured and player welfare must come first. The amount of times Ive watched a player get to his feet after said indecent and mins of stoppage of play, play the ball then jog on like nothing happened I find annoying.

Josh Morris was a regular culprit of trying to milk penalties after being tackled. Acting/pretending he is somehow held back from getting to his feet for a quick play of the ball. Yelling at the ref carrying on trying to milk a penalty. That was with the Dogs. I have never seen him pull that shit at the Roosters. Maybe Robinson thinks its crap and doesnt want that bullshit as part of their play? We'll never know. Personally I think its unprofessional and counter productive to a players mind set but thats just my opinion.

Yes, I agree with your points with Averillo last week. Many teams would do what Av didnt do. Seems to happen more often in the bigger moments. I suppose I can understand that when players arent actually injured but it still shits me. Its dirty tactics. Be a cat and win a match with a 2 pointer no one will ever remember you were a sook, they will remember the win or loss.

it will be interesting to see if Leilua plays next week after nearly being brought from the field on a stretcher last night. Averillo's injury looked much worse.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeah there seems to be different scenario of milking.

One being the attacking team in the process of playing the ball. Some times they will lock in a defenders arm around the ball. The defender wont pull his arm/hand out worried the attacking player might let go of the the ball reaping a penalty
Hard to officiate

Attacking team player getting to his feet to play the ball. Milking for a quick play of the ball. Locking in legs etc and carrying on like a child knowing the game has moved to fast pace and the refs are quick to call 6 again. You can hear refs calling milking. If a ref has made a decision/determining milking he should just penalize the attacking team for milking.
Easy to officiate

Blokes laying down for the sole purpose of vid ref review. I understand you cant determine whether a player is actually injured and player welfare must come first. The amount of times Ive watched a player get to his feet after said indecent and mins of stoppage of play, play the ball then jog on like nothing happened I find annoying.

Josh Morris was a regular culprit of trying to milk penalties after being tackled. Acting/pretending he is somehow held back from getting to his feet for a quick play of the ball. Yelling at the ref carrying on trying to milk a penalty. That was with the Dogs. I have never seen him pull that shit at the Roosters. Maybe Robinson thinks its crap and doesnt want that bullshit as part of their play? We'll never know. Personally I think its unprofessional and counter productive to a players mind set but thats just my opinion.

Yes, I agree with your points with Averillo last week. Many teams would do what Av didnt do. Seems to happen more often in the bigger moments. I suppose I can understand that when players arent actually injured but it still shits me. Its dirty tactics. Be a cat and win a match with a 2 pointer no one will ever remember you were a sook, they will remember the win or loss.

it will be interesting to see if Leilua plays next week after nearly being brought from the field on a stretcher last night. Averillo's injury looked much worse.
That annoyed the heck out of me. You slip into a tackle and get hit high, a complete accident, Lay down and hold your jaw, remain motionless the trainer signals "He's gone" We get the medi cab out there. BJ carries on like a real prat, Luciano "bravely" gets to his feet and walks off the field. Sure yeah he "failed " the HIA but wasted time and simply served to incite players to be idiots. Got the penalty to level up but no bin because it was accidental but the ref HAD to penalize it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Some teams need to milk hard because the fkn referees are too busy being star struck or have a vendetta against clubs to rule fairly, then you get the teams who know the referees and media are star struck over will give penalties for a gold loggie acting performance of being hurt lmao

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can't fucking stand it.

Getting worse than soccer.
It is. That tigers penrith game was a joke. Jamie Soward would’ve been proud

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a very fine line between milking and gamesmanship and I doubt the refs have the smarts or time to be able to discern the difference. And I know opposition fans would view each incident based on their own bias.

Cameron Smith is a blatant milker imo, but it's lauded by all the sundry as ability.

I actually think it's on the improve. Jamie Lyon at Manly made it an art form. McGregor coached his entire side to dive for years. But the more it gets called out, the less we'll see of it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Each match should be reviewed, and anyone caught milking should be heavily banned.

I have no idea why soccer allows/encourages it - it's a huge turnoff.